This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    According to "plan" 2020/21 payroll will be between 90-110 million and from lou's work right now we have like 40 million spent. Means between 50-70 million to spend on whatever. This is why u see them trying to add ML ready guys who will be here in 2020-have guys in ML spots and fill in with C(until Banfield or 1 drafted this year is ready)/#1 SP/SS in FA. 50 million to spend on a #1 SP/SS and C Vet to Mentor a young C can be easily seen which is there PLAN!!!!

When I say PLAN I mean what Jeter and Sherman presented to MLB when they wanted to buy the team

But ya 2019 is a LOST year just like 2018 was -Goal is get a Top 3 Pick in 2020 Draft/add or find guys who will be ML Ready in 2020/try to get some IFA players(Cubans) who could be something and get Trey Hillman ready to be the Manager

2018 and 2019 were always gonna be lost years which everyone but Marlins fans seem to realize
    Since you are the only person who claims to know what the actual plan is lets hear it. I do think that most Marlins fans expected last year and this year to be horrible. Heck for the most part this is a minor league squad playing in the majors.
    Last edited by flamarlins93; 12-31-2018, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
      I disagree there are only a few chips to play around (by 2021), but signing someone next year is a year early to get ready for 2021. I'm not saying that's going to happen, I was just giving an example of how you can overspend and it means nothing to their flexibility. If they are relying on the draft only, it's easily 2023 absent major breakouts. I cannot fathom spending a billion dollars and throwing in the towel for 2018-2022. These guys are still running a business and they know they have to create a fan base even if there is debt. It's just not going to happen where the only free agents they spend money on for 5 years are Cameron Maybin types.

2019 is going to be a pure loss and another fight to not lose 100. Who cares what they do with free agents, there is no crawling out of this hole. This year is just like last year, acquire as much talent as possible so you can have a very cheap club controlled team for years and years, and spend when you're ready, which is basically 2020 or 2021 depending on how things go.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think they have a $100 million payroll in 2021. They basically did that in 2018.
      Really tho they didn't pay a billion dollars for the team more like 700-800 million plus they took on the debt that Loria built up. Still not sure how MLB allowed him to accrue that much debt and also how they allowed a new group just to take it on without actually having to pay it off. I know you have your potential future breakdown and that's great and I appreciate the breakdown but it is based on a lot of hopes. Other then Anderson in RF they hope that two of Dean, VVM, Brinson, Harrison, Pompey fill the outfield. They have no C, SS, 1B and hope that Diaz fills either the 2B or 3B hole. If he doesn't then they have no starter for any infield position. The bullpen will be fine as it is the only position that looks good throughout the minors. Starter you hope that some combo of Urena, Alcantara, Richards, Lopez, Neidert, Puckett fill a few of the spots or every spot until they find a #1 or #2 starter so I see the foreseeable future as much bleaker then you do. Sure hopefully two of the guys work out in the outfield and hopefully Diaz is the guy to man one of the infield spots. You do have whatever return they get for Realmuto and hopefully it fills at least one of the holes but I still see the roster as a mess until we learn more about what they actually have in some of these guys. So until there is a clearer picture of how things are going to work out spending any money on FA in the next couple of years doesn't seem like something they will actually do until they have more answers. I hope for the best and love this team but it is going to take awhile before they are anything more then a giant ? for what's next and where are the players going to come from.
      Last edited by flamarlins93; 12-31-2018, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
        Since you are the only person who claims to know what the actual plan is lets hear it. I do think that most Marlins fans expected last year and this year to be horrible. Heck for the most part this is a minor league squad playing in the majors.
        According to "plan" 2020/21 payroll will be between 90-110 million and from lou's work right now we have like 40 million spent. Means between 50-70 million to spend on whatever. This is why u see them trying to add ML ready guys who will be here in 2020-have guys in ML spots and fill in with C(until Banfield or 1 drafted this year is ready)/#1 SP/SS in FA. 50 million to spend on a #1 SP/SS and C Vet to Mentor a young C can be easily seen which is there PLAN!!!!

Be shit till 2020/21 then spend to supplement the roster where needed(#1 Vet SP/SS/C/RP) with FA

- - - - - - - - - -

Jon Heyman
        ‏Verified account @JonHeyman

Sources: Yusei Kikuchi has a deal with Mariners

No Surprise. Wish Cuban and DR guys were like Asian Players where location matters as much as cash

Asian-51% Cash-49% Location
        Cuban-99.9999% Cash-.00001 Cool Colors/Other Cubans
        Last edited by tjfla; 01-01-2019, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• Now that Christmas and New Year's are behind us, hopefully the JT situation can get settled soon. It's gone on long enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
            Now that Christmas and New Year's are behind us, hopefully the JT situation can get settled soon. It's gone on long enough.
            If they move him now it will be for a light return. Most teams are low balling them. The Marlins have a high asking price but teams are only offering one top 100ish prospect plus an ok prospect. Apparently most teams aren't even willing to try and meet in the middle. So for that kind of package waiting til the trade deadline or even next year they would be able to get a similar return.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
            Now that Christmas and New Year's are behind us, hopefully the JT situation can get settled soon. It's gone on long enough.
            If they move him now it will be for a light return. Most teams are low balling them. The Marlins have a high asking price but teams are only offering one top 100ish prospect plus an ok prospect. Apparently most teams aren't even willing to try and meet in the middle. So for that kind of package waiting til the trade deadline or even next year they would be able to get a similar return.

Comment

• In the old days, details of trade offers were often reported. Nowadays, teams do a better job of keeping negotiations quiet - even with all the social media out there. I don't think the Marlins are in a rush to do anything. The prospect of a Realmuto trade is the one and only story that keeps the team in the news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                In the old days, details of trade offers were often reported. Nowadays, teams do a better job of keeping negotiations quiet - even with all the social media out there. I don't think the Marlins are in a rush to do anything. The prospect of a Realmuto trade is the one and only story that keeps the team in the news.
                They aren't. Still got Grandal out there giving teams hope when he signs they think the market will get hotter

The only chance JT gets done fast is if a team like LAD/Houston/TB give Miami exactly what they want(which is still ALOT)

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post

What’s the rush?

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                    What’s the rush?
                    Tired of hearing about it?

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                      Tired of hearing about it?
                      Yeah...this. I know that there is no reason to rush, but they can’t move forward until this move is made.
                      Last edited by fauowls44; 01-02-2019, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• Marlins claimed Rosell Herrera, who I didn't know existed prior to this - https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.asp...11&position=OF

Looks like a strong candidate to be the backup CF/25th man. Played a little 2B competently (defensively) last year. He was a good prospect in 2013?

Someone will have to be DFA'd I believe. Shouldn't be an issue with Galloway still hanging on.

- - - - - - - - - -

He actually split hits and had a .650 OPS against RHP last year? I mean, this is theoretically a big improvement over Ortega/Sierra/Shuck, who somehow got 450 PA and rewarded them with -2.8 WAR. 2019 baby! When a AAA replacement bench player can net you 3 wins!

Comment

• Color me flush with excitement. Our opening day OF might be Austin Dean in left, Herrera in CF and Harold Ramirez in RF.

I keep reading that Tucker and Verdugo types are what the Marlins are after but don't want to believe it. Getting one sort of good player accomplishes nothing for a team that needs help everywhere. Who cares if a prospect is rated top twenty or not? All that means is you get less with him. You take four like Rolando Hernandez, Brandon Lowe, Brujan, and McClanahan from Tampa Bay and suddenly the future looks a helluva lot better.
                          Last edited by Lee Stone; 01-02-2019, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                            Color me flush with excitement. Our opening day OF might be Austin Dean in left, Herrera in CF and Harold Ramirez in RF.

I keep reading that Tucker and Verdugo types are what the Marlins are after but don't want to believe it. Getting one sort of good player accomplishes nothing for a team that needs help everywhere. Who cares if a prospect is rated top twenty or not? All that means is you get less with him. You take four like Rolando Hernandez, Brandon Lowe, Brujan, and McClanahan from Tampa Bay and suddenly the future looks a helluva lot better.
                            ill give you a million dollars if even 2 out of 3 of those guys are in the starting lineup opening day barring like 7 injuries of guys ahead of them.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by lou View Post
                            Marlins claimed Rosell Herrera, who I didn't know existed prior to this - https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.asp...11&position=OF

Looks like a strong candidate to be the backup CF/25th man. Played a little 2B competently (defensively) last year. He was a good prospect in 2013?

Someone will have to be DFA'd I believe. Shouldn't be an issue with Galloway still hanging on.

- - - - - - - - - -

He actually split hits and had a .650 OPS against RHP last year? I mean, this is theoretically a big improvement over Ortega/Sierra/Shuck, who somehow got 450 PA and rewarded them with -2.8 WAR. 2019 baby! When a AAA replacement bench player can net you 3 wins!
                            From what i read we had 1 40 man spot to fill. now the roster is full, although we could easily make like 5-7 spots once we sign guys.

Comment

• ill give you a million dollars if even 2 out of 3 of those guys are in the starting lineup opening day barring like 7 injuries of guys ahead of them

There you go! Sounds like fun. Ramirez hit .320/.365/.836 in AA last season. Dean went .345/.410/.922 in AA/AAA. Who are the seven that are barring the way for these two? Sure as hell wouldn't be Brinson, Harrison, Sierra or Galloway. I'm not saying Dean and Ramirez are rock stars - this is an indictment against the rest of the roster and farm.

Mish odds on Realmuto acquisition:

Braves 35%
                              Rays 15%
                              Yankees 15%
                              Padres 10%
                              Reds 10%
                              Astros 10%
                              Field 5%

You have to like "the field" here, which would include the Indians and Rockies, the teams who could use him most.
                              Last edited by Lee Stone; 01-03-2019, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                                Marlins claimed Rosell Herrera, who I didn't know existed prior to this - https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.asp...11&position=OF

- - - - - - - - - -

I still have no idea how Rivera stayed on the ML roster all season. I know winning wasn't really a concern, but it's still pretty amazing that he pulled that off. Herrera's numbers aren't good and they are still significantly better than what Rivera put up last year.

As for Herrera, he's only 25 and has been good in AAA the last 2 seasons. He can play multiple spots and like Lou said, he wasn't a complete disaster with the bat in his first taste of the Majors (against RHP anyway). As a free utility guy, he's worth a shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X