Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're taking Brandon Lowe too lightly. In 430 plate appearances at AA-AAA (evenly distributed) he hit 24 homers with 74 rbi. .297 avg and .391 obp. In 159 ML plate appearances he hit 6 hr with 25 rbi, which prorates to 24 and 100. That's the Marlins best player. I don't know why the Rays would trade him. Solak and Brujan are probably more realistic trade targets, along with the young catcher Hernandez. Tampa Bay is our best trade partner.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 12-18-2018, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• This is the dumbest and worst thing David Samson has ever done or said. And that’s saying something.

https://deadspin.com/former-marlins-...-ta-1831181779
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
        This is the dumbest and worst thing David Samson has ever done or said. And that’s saying something.

Fuck Dan LeBatard for continuing to give him an outlet.

Comment

This is the dumbest and worst thing David Samson has ever done or said. And that’s saying something.

I mean. It's not even like he got the $1.2B for himself....

---

I do like hearing some of his stories (like the podcast thing a couple weeks ago), but he does stuff like this and wonders why nobody down here likes him.

Comment

It's literally a running joke on their show that he is admittedly an asshole and this was at a LeBatardshow event where the crowd found it funny. People that don't have the proper context are just looking for something to be pissed at.

Comment

• I get that his shtick is to play the heel but this shit isn’t funny. He and his stepdad screwed taxpayers out of billions of dollars and whether it’s a character he’s playing or not it’s pretty vile.
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                It's literally a running joke on their show that he is admittedly an asshole and this was at a LeBatardshow event where the crowd found it funny. People that don't have the proper context are just looking for something to be pissed at.
                From the reports I read, the fans didn’t find it funny. The reason he started the whole thing was they were booing him. I do find it a bit amusing that LrBatard touts himself as the hero of Miami, and trashed the Jeter group, and gives Manfred a hard time, yet keeps parading out one of the biggest crooks associated with this city’s sports franchises. Joke, or not, he keeps giving him a platform. Nobody would be talking about Sampson if it weren’t for LeBatard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                  You're taking Brandon Lowe too lightly. In 430 plate appearances at AA-AAA (evenly distributed) he hit 24 homers with 74 rbi. .297 avg and .391 obp. In 159 ML plate appearances he hit 6 hr with 25 rbi, which prorates to 24 and 100. That's the Marlins best player. I don't know why the Rays would trade him. Solak and Brujan are probably more realistic trade targets, along with the young catcher Hernandez. Tampa Bay is our best trade partner.
                  Trust me when I say, not one person on this message board cares about RBIs, and even if we did, that's not how you extrapolate them.

He's a good looking young player for sure. He'd be within the Marlins top 10 overall organization short and longterm players - as a basically ready FV50 prospect - but he is not a proven MLB commodity like Realmuto, Castro, or even Anderson or Steckenrider, maybe even Urena and Conley, and is at the same level of unproven prospect as guys like Diaz, Alcantara, Neidert, VVM, Monte, Guzman, and yes, still Brinson who gets a mulligan. It's a bad bet to assume he's better than everyone, but I am surprised you like him more than Beggs and Eveld.

You are correct Tampa Bay is a fantastic trading partner as they up and down have great potential players, and likely a 40 man crunch next year where they should cash in a few guys for 1 premium one, but give it a rest.

Comment

• samson was doing that as a joke that is now being taken out of context. he was wearing a wrestling manager heal ridiculous jacket and they were booing him before he even started talking.

Also, that fangraphs list is absurd, but its because the way fangraphs determines their prospect lists is different compared to the other sites. thats why you'll see a guy like diaz at the top of the list and holloway anywhere near the top of the list. i dont get why he is being so highly regarded both on this list and by being put on the 40 man roster when he has no business being there.

- - - - - - - - - -

as for jt, i dont care about the different package choices any more. i dont blame them for waiting and working the market, but its pointless at this point to continue to speculate. just wait for the package and evaluate it when the time comes in the next few weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                      From the reports I read, the fans didn’t find it funny. The reason he started the whole thing was they were booing him. I do find it a bit amusing that LrBatard touts himself as the hero of Miami, and trashed the Jeter group, and gives Manfred a hard time, yet keeps parading out one of the biggest crooks associated with this city’s sports franchises. Joke, or not, he keeps giving him a platform. Nobody would be talking about Sampson if it weren’t for LeBatard.
                      He repeatedly grilled Samson on stuff throughout his time when he had weekly appearances. To the point Loria told Samson he would fire him for cause if he went on the LeBatardshow again. That's when it stopped.

Samson works for CBS so he has a platform regardless of what LeBatard does or not. Do I think Samson is an asshole? Sure, but he played the system to get what he wanted. Get pissed at the Miami officials that fed into his bullshit. His job was to get a stadium and he got it.

Also Samson has provided insane insight to what went on during his time in Miami and it's been super interesting to listen to. He gives zero fucks and that makes for a lot of interesting stuff you would otherwise never hear about. Just because LeBatard has him on doesn't mean he agrees with what he's done, he has him on because he gives great material that gets attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                        He repeatedly grilled Samson on stuff throughout his time when he had weekly appearances. To the point Loria told Samson he would fire him for cause if he went on the LeBatardshow again. That's when it stopped.

Samson works for CBS so he has a platform regardless of what LeBatard does or not. Do I think Samson is an asshole? Sure, but he played the system to get what he wanted. Get pissed at the Miami officials that fed into his bullshit. His job was to get a stadium and he got it.

Also Samson has provided insane insight to what went on during his time in Miami and it's been super interesting to listen to. He gives zero fucks and that makes for a lot of interesting stuff you would otherwise never hear about. Just because LeBatard has him on doesn't mean he agrees with what he's done, he has him on because he gives great material that gets attention.
                        This. Samson is annoying but is the best insight we have into the past of this team. I could care less about his opinions about movies and shit like that but i love hearing old marlins stories from him. that 1 hr local hour he did a few weeks ago was a phenomenal listen.

Comment

• I take those stories from Samson with a grain of salt. He's the type of grade A douche bag that is going to recount everything how he wants it to sound. Some of the stuff he said was interesting, but I don't think there were any real revelations.

Comment

• Samson is still Loria's Son-in-Law, right? Loria's made him a very rich man, do you honestly think he's going to give up dirt on Jeff Loria or himself? He's an attention whore that needs to go away. A waste of space human being.

Comment

• Originally posted by CWB3 View Post
                              Have you heard Camargo mentioned? Mish tweeted that Atlanta’s offer is “Riley and multiple players”. He also said they would include someone from their ML roster (not Newcomb) and that Camargo “seems like a possibility“. Anyone know if he has the glove to stick at SS?
                              Heard Newcomb,Swanson,Camargo,Flowers as ML Players and Muller,Wentz,Miller and maybe Touki as the pitcher. Issue is Miami wants an overpay since Atlanta is in the NL East and they have offers they like as much as the Atlanta offer

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                              If Miami wants Sanchez as the primary piece, but Tampa wants it to be someone else, who is Tampa's preference? Franco is probably out. If it's McKay or Honeywell, I wouldn't be opposed to that at all, and might even prefer it. I can't see how the Rays would be in the conversation if they were leading with a lesser prospect.
                              No clue. I just heard Miami wants Jesus Sanchez as the centerpiece and TB is considering it. Miami wants Sanchez/C/SP/MIF and maybe draft pick-no clue about other names beside Brandon Lowe because TB pretty much has at least 5 guys at C/SP/MIF and we like alot

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by lou View Post
                              They should definitely do Tucker, Martin/C. Perez, Reed/Davis, and Stassi/Stubbs for Realmuto if that is the deal

- - - - - - - - - -

No he wouldn't, but he'd be in the top 10 pieces that are MLB ready 2021 or sooner.

- - - - - - - - - -

He's not going to be able to stay at SS but for spot duty. He should be a third option for in-game switches on a good team. He is an exceptional 3B defender though, very good at 2B, and TBD corner OF (they are going to "Marwin" him). Also, the Marlins (Hill) really value SS defense, so even if he is neutral, I don't think that cuts it for them.
                              No thats "MY Compromise". Houston doesn't trade 2 prospects but trades a good SP prospect and trade a AAAA guy who they have no spot for

I would jump on Tucker,Martin/Perez,JD Davis,Stassi in a second if offered

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                                Samson is still Loria's Son-in-Law, right? Loria's made him a very rich man, do you honestly think he's going to give up dirt on Jeff Loria or himself? He's an attention whore that needs to go away. A waste of space human being.
                                No, they are no longer related. Loria used to be married to Samson's mother. They've been divorced for years and Loria re-married.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                Heard Newcomb,Swanson,Camargo,Flowers as ML Players and Muller,Wentz,Miller and maybe Touki as the pitcher. Issue is Miami wants an overpay since Atlanta is in the NL East and they have offers they like as much as the Atlanta offer

- - - - - - - - - -

No clue. I just heard Miami wants Jesus Sanchez as the centerpiece and TB is considering it. Miami wants Sanchez/C/SP/MIF and maybe draft pick-no clue about other names beside Brandon Lowe because TB pretty much has at least 5 guys at C/SP/MIF and we like alot

- - - - - - - - - -

No thats "MY Compromise". Houston doesn't trade 2 prospects but trades a good SP prospect and trade a AAAA guy who they have no spot for

I would jump on Tucker,Martin/Perez,JD Davis,Stassi in a second if offered
                                Many of these offers seem acceptable...just make a deal and move on already. Maybe they are trying to wait out Grandal, but this is dragging on forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X