Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For me, I wouldn't make getting a catcher back much of a priority. Sure, you could get a veteran throw-in guy, but most teams don't have real catching. If you're going to be a bad team the next two years, who cares if you have a crappy player at that position during that time? Banfield is their current catcher of the future, and while he may not be up by 2021, there are some really good catching prospects in this draft, or you can worry about that later on. I'm not saying don't trade for a catcher, but I'd be way more focused on getting value back than making sure you get one of them in the deal, especially if it lessens the rest of the package.

Comment

• At this point I'm at the same point where I just want to see Realmuto traded. Guy deserves to play for an actual contender. Look at Yelich. Guy could become a real star elsewhere. It'll never happen in Miami.

Comment

• Scary sad that Tampa Bay has far better prospects at every position on the diamond than the Marlins!
        Last edited by Lee Stone; 12-17-2018, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
          Happened for Stanton, Ozuna, Gordon, Cabrera, and Ramirez in Miami, didn't it?
          Maybe Stanton because of his Home Run Derby exploits, but the others no.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
            For me, I wouldn't make getting a catcher back much of a priority. Sure, you could get a veteran throw-in guy, but most teams don't have real catching. If you're going to be a bad team the next two years, who cares if you have a crappy player at that position during that time? Banfield is their current catcher of the future, and while he may not be up by 2021, there are some really good catching prospects in this draft, or you can worry about that later on. I'm not saying don't trade for a catcher, but I'd be way more focused on getting value back than making sure you get one of them in the deal, especially if it lessens the rest of the package.
            Sign a guy like Lucroy as a stopgap for a year or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
              Sign a guy like Lucroy as a stopgap for a year or two.
              Oakland wants to keep him I read. I think he will resign there and bide time to Murphy.

I don't think it would be a bad idea for the Marlins to sign Maldanado. He is the alpha stopgap/ideal # 2 catcher out there, and they can give him starter playing time to flip at the deadline this or next year. Helps the Marlins, and gets rid of the marketplace fallback. Let whoever scramble for Grandal, and be left with scraps or Realmuto.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                Scary sad that Tampa Bay has far better prospects at every position on the diamond than the Marlins!
                It is, they have done a phenomenal job. Which is why Realmuto makes a lot of sense for them. They can move redundancy of one guy each in their top 6, top 12, and top 18, and top 24 prospects, and get to plenty of value for Realmuto and not hurt their longterm picture. He's perfect for them, and I'm sure plenty of teams would love Zunino if not part of the Marlins deal.

McKay, Hernandez, L. Fox, N. Lowe, and Zunino is probably Realmuto and Conley in terms of value. Maybe you swap Steckenrider instead of Conley, still probably worth it.

I think everyone is happy. Rays fans would be a little bummed with McKay, but they get Realmuto in his prime and a quality reliever, and literally just drafted/acquired Liberatore, McClanhan, Baz, and Gaston, and have Honeywell coming back likely in 2020 full force, so that's a full rotation on paper of really high end guys. It's not like the AL cy, Morton, Glasnow, etc. stink... Ridiculous

Comment

• I really really like Vidal Brujan.
                  "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                  - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Craig Mish

Verified account

@CraigMish
                    Following Following @CraigMish
                    More
                    Sources indicate the Marlins are one of several teams to show interest RP Bud Norris. Saved 28 gms last season as Cardinals closer.

1:20 PM - 17 Dec 2018

He'd be a nice vet to have and then flip at the deadline. I would like them to focus on adding a bat or 2 as well.

Comment

• Id take Mckay, Liberatore, and Mclanahan for JT. Thats like us having 3 first round picks this year and 2 the year before.

Comment

• Astros signing brantley to a 2 year 32 million deal. Gotta think that makes Tucker more available now in a JT deal.

Comment

• Jim Bowden

Verified account

@JimBowdenGM
                          Following Following @JimBowdenGM
                          More
                          #Astros agree with LHH Michael Brantley on 2yr deal as first reported by the Athletic’s @Ken_Rosenthal ……that signing should set the stage now for a possible Kyle Tucker to the #Marlins for J.T. Realmuto deal…maybe DH Nelson Cruz and most assuredly a middle of rotation starter

4:17 PM - 17 Dec 2018

Tucker for JT makes a ton of sense for both teams.

Comment

• JT, Conley/Steck, and Straily for Tucker, Martin/Bukauskus, Stubbs, Nova.
                            Last edited by fish16; 12-17-2018, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                              JT, Conley/Steck, and Straily for Tucker, Martin/Bukauskus, Stubbs, Nova.
                              No Steck, definitely Conley there, but sure.

I think you eat Reddick (2/$26) who they don't care about anymore, they want to sign Nelson Cruz, and Kemp and Diaz collectively play everywhere to move guys around.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                                No Steck, definitely Conley there, but sure.

I think you eat Reddick (2/$26) who they don't care about anymore, they want to sign Nelson Cruz, and Kemp and Diaz collectively play everywhere to move guys around.
                                Ya taking reddick would be a decent move. Would fill a hole this year and can always figure out what to do with him next year with a manageable expiring deal and aside from chen our only real big salary.

As far as steck v. conley. Id rate steck slightly higher but im pretty meh on both of them. i think they both have value but i have 0 problem including them in a JT to get a slightly better deal. Especially as relievers at this stage of the rebuild.
                                Last edited by fish16; 12-17-2018, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X