Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's still inexplicable why we didn't sign more veteran guys to 1 year deals last year to flip at the deadline when contenders are desperate. I fear this year will be the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
      Also, I feel like I've never heard of Jordan Holloway and he's our 9th best prospect.
      200 milb innings with a 5 ERA and 1.50 WHIP - that jog your memory? He apparently had a good bullpen session in Jupiter last October.

Lou: I kind of have a feeling they are undervaluing the farm as a whole though, call it a Marlins bias.

Yes, the same way Atlanta's system is overvalued. All those "great" pitchers in their system and they have to fill out their rotation exclusively through trades and free agency.
      Last edited by Lee Stone; 12-18-2018, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• Honestly no trade should be made counting on guys like Monte and Brinson to be something. This team needs talent. There was a conversation a few weeks ago about whether they should trade for more OF prospects and the answer is YES. Like what they said about Isan though. And he’s been playing some 3b this winter.
        "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
        - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
          Honestly no trade should be made counting on guys like Monte and Brinson to be something. This team needs talent. There was a conversation a few weeks ago about whether they should trade for more OF prospects and the answer is YES. Like what they said about Isan though. And he’s been playing some 3b this winter.
          I'd agree with this - take the top talent available in whatever moves, and if they all do work out, you trade from that surplus to address an area of need.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
            Honestly no trade should be made counting on guys like Monte and Brinson to be something. This team needs talent. There was a conversation a few weeks ago about whether they should trade for more OF prospects and the answer is YES. Like what they said about Isan though. And he’s been playing some 3b this winter.
            I noticed the 3B thing too.

I am really on board giving Castro a 4/$52 today (3 year guaranteed extension), turning Diaz into the "longterm 3B", and figuring out if Anderson is better at RF (likely) or 1B. I guess you could also figure out if Diaz is capable at 1B/corner OF. Either way.

Get Tucker, Martin, and Stubbs as part of a Realmuto deal which is very reasonable, and you can basically add those 3 and Castro to that mock team above and you got something like this:

_____, Stubbs
            ____, Cooper
            Castro
            _____, Riddle
            Diaz
            K. Tucker
            VVM, Brinson/Monte/Miller
            B. Anderson

____, C. Martin, Urena, Neidert, Gallen
            Alcantara, Guzman, Holloway, E. Cabrera, Richards
            Ca. Smith, Quijada, Garcia

Pretty radical longterm outlook change if you cash in Realmuto for Tucker, a mid-rotation SP prospect, backup catcher, and re-sign Castro.

That team above is something we can all get behind in 2021, when I assume there is money for three major free agents and you still got Steckenrider and Conley to trade as semi-major assets that should produce something to add to the above. Likewise, you have major upside with Brinson/Monte/Alcantara/Guzman exceeding expectations beyond bench outfielders and relievers.

Just saying, Fangraphs is a little depressing, but I still see a foundation here. It's going to take until 2021 minimum though.

Comment

• Yellow flags on Tucker (who perhaps is suddenly available), from Baseball America: Tucker finally found a level that he wasn’t ready for when he reached Houston. He had dominated every level of the minors with plus, all-fields power and excellent hand-eye coordination that allows his swing to work. In the big leagues, he proved an easier-than-expected mark for quality breaking balls. Tucker projects as a middle-of-the-order bat who can be a plus hitter with plus power. He has already started to slow down and scouts were not always impressed with Tucker’s effort level, noting that he often jogged down the line. His once-average speed slid to below-average in 2018. That limits him in the outfield, but he should be average in either corner. His average arm is playable in right field.
              Last edited by Lee Stone; 12-18-2018, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                Frisario says Astros are back "in." - https://twitter.com/JoeFrisaro/statu...46198942359553

I'm ready for this to be over.
                Astros were never really out. They agreed to trade Tucker-the issue was and still is they can't agree on arms in the deal

Astros/Braves/LAD/TB could all get a deal done quickly we are fighting over 1 or 2 players with each team

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  Astros were never really out. They agreed to trade Tucker-the issue was and still is they can't agree on arms in the deal

Astros/Braves/LAD/TB could all get a deal done quickly we are fighting over 1 or 2 players with each team
                  If those 1 or 2 players are the primary or secondary parts, I'm on board with this stance. If they're the bottom tier parts, they're playing a dangerous, and probably stupid, game.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                    If those 1 or 2 players are the primary or secondary parts, I'm on board with this stance. If they're the bottom tier parts, they're playing a dangerous, and probably stupid, game.
                    Tampa Bay and LAD are primary and others are secondary

Tampa Bay-Jesus Sanchez
                    LAD-Bellinger and maybe Verdugo with Ruiz/May
                    Houston-Miami wants 2 guys like Perez/JB/Martin/James while Houston is offering 1 2nd tier SP(Agreed on Tucker)
                    SD-No CLUE all I have heard is they are in
                    Atlanta-(Agreed on Riley) we want them to overpay and want Newcomb/Swanson and a SP
                    NYY-Andujar and prospects

NYY and Atlanta are fall back options at this point with Houston/LAD/TB/SD main 4.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                    I really really like Vidal Brujan.
                    Like Brujan alot myself but sounds like Miami is more into ML Ready 2B Brandon Lowe/Nick Solak/Arroyo

Interesting thing about a Rays deal is we could deal JT and an arm and get maybe 5/6 guys in return. Rays have a 40 man crunch coming up

Sounding like

Jesus Sanchez
                    Matthew Liberatore
                    Brandon Lowe
                    C(Hearing VET but I would love Hernandez)
                    mid level prospect who needs to be added to 40 man next year

for JT is the offer

- - - - - - - - - -

LAD can pretty much blow all the offers out of the water with Bellinger OR even Verdugo,Ruiz,May however they still refuse to offer Bellinger or Verdugo.
                    Last edited by tjfla; 12-18-2018, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• Brandon Lowe would instantly become our best player!

Comment

• Houston issue is this NOT about Tucker at all

Houston offering Tucker/Javier or JB type/Catcher
                        Miami wants Tucker/Josh James OR Martin OR Perez/Javier OR JB/Catcher

So pretty much Miami wants a top SP prospect and Houston isnt offering it. Logic says they compromise and do something like this

Compromise-Tucker/Martin OR Perez/AJ Reed OR JD Davis/Catcher but Miami hasn't been in the compromise mood in any deal HAHA

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                        Brandon Lowe would instantly become our best player!
                        We know u would take him as the "centerpiece" but seriously he could be a LHB Dan Uggla

Comment

• [QUOTE=tjfla;396392]Houston issue is this NOT about Tucker at all

Houston offering Tucker/Javier or JB type/Catcher
                          Miami wants Tucker/Josh James OR Martin OR Perez/Javier OR JB/Catcher

So pretty much Miami wants a top SP prospect and Houston isnt offering it. Logic says they compromise and do something like this

Compromise-Tucker/Martin OR Perez/AJ Reed OR JD Davis/Catcher but Miami hasn't been in the compromise mood in any deal HAHA

- - - - - - - - - -

We know u would take him as the "centerpiece" but seriously he could be a LHB Dan Uggla[/QUOTE

Lowe puts Isan Diaz to shame - what's not to like? I'd prefer a TB package over any other.

Comment

Atlanta-(Agreed on Riley) we want them to overpay and want Newcomb/Swanson and a SP
                            Have you heard Camargo mentioned? Mish tweeted that Atlanta’s offer is “Riley and multiple players”. He also said they would include someone from their ML roster (not Newcomb) and that Camargo “seems like a possibility“. Anyone know if he has the glove to stick at SS?

Comment

Tampa Bay and LAD are primary and others are secondary

Tampa Bay-Jesus Sanchez
                              LAD-Bellinger and maybe Verdugo with Ruiz/May
                              Houston-Miami wants 2 guys like Perez/JB/Martin/James while Houston is offering 1 2nd tier SP(Agreed on Tucker)
                              SD-No CLUE all I have heard is they are in
                              NYY-Andujar and prospects

NYY and Atlanta are fall back options at this point with Houston/LAD/TB/SD main 4.
                              If Miami wants Sanchez as the primary piece, but Tampa wants it to be someone else, who is Tampa's preference? Franco is probably out. If it's McKay or Honeywell, I wouldn't be opposed to that at all, and might even prefer it. I can't see how the Rays would be in the conversation if they were leading with a lesser prospect.

Comment

They should definitely do Tucker, Martin/C. Perez, Reed/Davis, and Stassi/Stubbs for Realmuto if that is the deal

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                                Brandon Lowe would instantly become our best player!
                                No he wouldn't, but he'd be in the top 10 pieces that are MLB ready 2021 or sooner.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by CWB3 View Post
                                Have you heard Camargo mentioned? Mish tweeted that Atlanta’s offer is “Riley and multiple players”. He also said they would include someone from their ML roster (not Newcomb) and that Camargo “seems like a possibility“. Anyone know if he has the glove to stick at SS?
                                He's not going to be able to stay at SS but for spot duty. He should be a third option for in-game switches on a good team. He is an exceptional 3B defender though, very good at 2B, and TBD corner OF (they are going to "Marwin" him). Also, the Marlins (Hill) really value SS defense, so even if he is neutral, I don't think that cuts it for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X