This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
    There's a report that the Dodgers are willing to offer Dustin May and either Ruiz or Will Smith in a package for Realmuto. Some people on twitter are getting excited about that, but it seems pretty light to me. If I'm trading with the Dodgers, it would need to start with Verdugo, or at the very least include Lux with those other two names.
    Ruiz/Smith, May, FV45, FV40

That would line up.

Lux is probably fair there, with the last guy being a pure throw in (Quijada/Dugger/Yamamoto arm type), and maybe if Lux is valued a little extra, you chuck in Conley

I believe the Dodgers have a pretty good farm so there are probably 6+ options for a third guy that would be acceptable.

I really like the idea of getting a catcher

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
      There's a report that the Dodgers are willing to offer Dustin May and either Ruiz or Will Smith in a package for Realmuto. Some people on twitter are getting excited about that, but it seems pretty light to me. If I'm trading with the Dodgers, it would need to start with Verdugo, or at the very least include Lux with those other two names.
      I don't think the Dodgers give up Lux, Ruiz and May, even with an add-on to JT. The Rays have multiple Lux-types, a super catching prospect in Hernandez and many great prospects in their 7-20 prospect range. By avoiding the highest current prospects, the Marlins should be able to get a bigger, better package. I think it's beneficial to trade for the guys who will be top fifty prospects in the future, not at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
        perhaps, but say what you want about him as a fan, he was fucking great at his job from a business perspective and specifically as it relates to the stadium deal. That's why i dont understand the hate for him as it relates to the stadium. IF you want to blame someone, blame the city, but dont blame the guy whose job it was to get the best stadium deal possible for the team. Hate on him for the team building, which if you listen to his show on lebatard he will acknowledge they were absolutely terrible at their jobs. I just dont understand the hate for him as opposed to the city of miami or whichever municipality was in charge with giving him that deal.
        People should hate the city officials, and they did - almost all were voted out, including both mayors involved within 2 years I believe.....or ironicly, just as it was nearly completed. People hate him because he was and still is a weasly slick very ethnic jerk...all the stereotypes people have about a certain group.....you can hate on me for saying it, but he was very off-putting with his manner, you felt you were being lied too whenever he opened his mouth, and of course cooking the books when they showed them to the city & county, and then finding out he & Loria were lying about it, just added fuel to the fire, and fueled the stereotypes again.

No one wants to hear the truth but that's what its all about.

Comment

• ...... the fuck....... as a jew, thats not the truth, thats you blatantly stereotyping a guy who did his job incredibly well given the tasks he was assigned. you're just kind of an asshole piece of garbage.

Comment

• Not that I didn’t already know your posts are that of a cynical asshole, but good lord, you really typed that out, read it over, and were like “now that’s a solid post”?

Comment

• Did Loria make a lot of money for himself? Sure. Should the way he did it be applauded? Fuck no. He took advantage of people. The guy is a slime ball, and just because he ended up getting what he wanted, doesn't mean shit to me when he did it by threatening to move the team and swindling people.

Comment

• Except that he didn’t swindle people. You can hate on Lori for a lot of things but there’s 0 evidence of any corruption, just incompetence on the side of the government. I will never blame a business owner for getting the best deal possible for their business if it’s done legally. I don’t want to defend loria or the previous group but you can’t blamw him for negotiating a great deal with the city and county for his business. Any business owner would do the same

Comment

• Ask folks from Montreal if Loria swindles people.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                    Ask folks from Montreal if Loria swindles people.
                    I was referring to the stadium deal.

Comment

Except that he didn’t swindle people. You can hate on Lori for a lot of things but there’s 0 evidence of any corruption, just incompetence on the side of the government. I will never blame a business owner for getting the best deal possible for their business if it’s done legally. I don’t want to defend loria or the previous group but you can’t blamw him for negotiating a great deal with the city and county for his business. Any business owner would do the same
                      Yes he did swindle people. He & Samson lied about not making any money - when in fact they were making $40-50 million more than they said they were, and instead of paying his fair share of the stadium, they cut Loria a better deal. You can deny it all you want, but it won't change the truth, and ut's why after the stadium was built city & county officials & employees for the most part ignored the team - in their eyes Loria cost a lot of people their jobs.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                      Ask folks from Montreal if Loria swindles people.
                      Exactly.....

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                      I was referring to the stadium deal.
                      he did it there too....you want to deny it, but it doesn't change the fact the stadium deal was a giant Loria defecation on taxpayers in Miami-Dade County & the City of Miami

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                      ...... the fuck....... as a jew, thats not the truth, thats you blatantly stereotyping a guy who did his job incredibly well given the tasks he was assigned. you're just kind of an asshole piece of garbage.
                      Doing a lot of projecting.....and if you call someone being selfish and costing others their jobs, doing his job incredibly well - then who is the real asshole piece of garbage - I'm sure you love the President too aye ? That's the kind of thing he'd rub his hands and smile with glee over

Comment

• Originally posted by Maddawg View Post
                        Yes he did swindle people. He & Samson lied about not making any money - when in fact they were making $40-50 million more than they said they were, and instead of paying his fair share of the stadium, they cut Loria a better deal. You can deny it all you want, but it won't change the truth, and ut's why after the stadium was built city & county officials & employees for the most part ignored the team - in their eyes Loria cost a lot of people their jobs.

- - - - - - - - - -

Exactly.....

- - - - - - - - - -

he did it there too....you want to deny it, but it doesn't change the fact the stadium deal was a giant Loria defecation on taxpayers in Miami-Dade County & the City of Miami

- - - - - - - - - -

Doing a lot of projecting.....and if you call someone being selfish and costing others their jobs, doing his job incredibly well - then who is the real asshole piece of garbage - I'm sure you love the President too aye ? That's the kind of thing he'd rub his hands and smile with glee over
                        Doing a lot of projecting? ya no, you blatantly stereotyped samson as a greedy jew cause you're an asshole. and no, i think the president is one of the single most awful human beings to ever walk the face of the earth. If the president did it he would have done it illegally, then lied about it, then doubled down on the lie, and then claimed everyone was out to get him when confronted with his illegalities.

How was samson selfish and costing others their jobs? if he did cost others their job its because he did his job well. His job was to get the best possible stadium deal for loria. He did that. Blame the government officials all throughout south florida if you have a problem with the stadium deal. Absent any illegalities that dont seem to exist, you seem to be mad that samson is a damn good business man and absolutely wrecked the commissioners or whoever negotiated that stadium deal.

giant defacation on the miami tax payers? First off it wasnt miami tax payers who footed the majority of that bill, it was mostly through tourism tax dollars, and second, loria's job isnt to worry about miami tax payers. that would be the county or city government. So your anger is not surprisingly uninformed and placed on the wrong party. Not to even mention the swindling you're referring to was investigated by the SEC for 4 years with it closing with no action being taken. you guys really just seem to want to blame loria and samson for negotiating a hell of a deal for their business rather than blaming the people who thought it was a good move for the city and county to agree with the deal.
                        Last edited by fish16; 12-19-2018, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• When you’ve stooped to the level of defending Jeff Loria, you know you’re so far gone from reality that there’s no turning back.

Comment

Doing a lot of projecting? ya no, you blatantly stereotyped samson as a greedy jew cause you're an asshole. and no, i think the president is one of the single most awful human beings to ever walk the face of the earth. If the president did it he would have done it illegally, then lied about it, then doubled down on the lie, and then claimed everyone was out to get him when confronted with his illegalities.

How was samson selfish and costing others their jobs? if he did cost others their job its because he did his job well. His job was to get the best possible stadium deal for loria. He did that. Blame the government officials all throughout south florida if you have a problem with the stadium deal. Absent any illegalities that dont seem to exist, you seem to be mad that samson is a damn good business man and absolutely wrecked the commissioners or whoever negotiated that stadium deal.

giant defacation on the miami tax payers? First off it wasnt miami tax payers who footed the majority of that bill, it was mostly through tourism tax dollars, and second, loria's job isnt to worry about miami tax payers. that would be the county or city government. So your anger is not surprisingly uninformed and placed on the wrong party. Not to even mention the swindling you're referring to was investigated by the SEC for 4 years with it closing with no action being taken. you guys really just seem to want to blame loria and samson for negotiating a hell of a deal for their business rather than blaming the people who thought it was a good move for the city and county to agree with the deal.
                            Your hubris knows no bounds does it ? You sit here and celebrate two complete sociopaths that hurt South Fla in many, many ways and LIED about their financial health to make a buck on the backs of people who more than likely will never be able to afford to even go to a game in the building their tax $$ built ? And you complain when people stereotype ?

You are more like Trump than you think.

Comment

Your hubris knows no bounds does it ? You sit here and celebrate two complete sociopaths that hurt South Fla in many, many ways and LIED about their financial health to make a buck on the backs of people who more than likely will never be able to afford to even go to a game in the building their tax $$ built ? And you complain when people stereotype ?

I’ll start by saying I’m bored by this topic...Loria and Samson thankfully don’t run this team anymore...can’t everyone just move on? So admittedly, I haven’t followed this argument you seem to be having very closely.

That said, I am confused about what’s going on here. Are you defending the use of anti-Semitic stereotypes? If so, that’s pretty gross.

Comment

Except that you are mischaracterizing what im doing as celebrating loria and samson rather than what im actually doing in showing you that you once again have facts completely wrong and are placing blame on people (who i even shit on constantly) for doing their jobs well and destroying the city in negotiations trying to get the best deal for their business possible. And you continue to blatantly skew facts when you say they lied about their financial health when in reality they were investigated for 4 fucking years by the SEC and found that they werent able to be charged with anything and that there was no evidence of corruption or that they cooked their books as you're blindly alleging.

Also, their tax $ didnt build it. Tourism tax dollars were the major source of funds for the stadium so very few miami tax payers actually were responsible for the money. IF your argument is that public funds still shouldnt be used for a ballpark, i agree with you, but then once again your blame is misplaced and should be directed at the people who approved the deal rather than using the tourism tax money on a better purpose. that's not loria and samsons problem though. Their responsibility was getting the best deal for their organization as they could, and they did just that.

There is plenty to hate on loria and samson for, being able to legally negotiate a great deal for their business is not one. Your placing misguided animosity on loria and samson rather than the people you actually should be hating on and thats the people that negotiated and approved the deal they got.

IF you're a business owner having to get approval from a city and you negotiate a great deal for your business, you're not going to go back and say "this might not be fair to X, Y, and Z", you're going to get the best deal you can within the bounds of the law, and that is exactly what they did with the stadium. There is plenty to hate on loria and samson for the trainwreck that was the way this team was run- legally negotiating a great deal with the city is not one of them.

Way to double down on the anti-semitism though.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                                When you’ve stooped to the level of defending Jeff Loria, you know you’re so far gone from reality that there’s no turning back.
                                ah yes, whats more realistic than neglecting to look at the actual facts of a situation rather than blindly hating on loria for something that every business owner would try to do in getting the best deal for their business as possible. Am i gone from reality or do i actually care to look into the facts of each individual situation before blindly placing blame on the guy? Theres plenty to hate loria for, negotiating a great deal for his business is not one of them.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                                I’ll start by saying I’m bored by this topic...Loria and Samson thankfully don’t run this team anymore...can’t everyone just move on? So admittedly, I haven’t followed this argument you seem to be having very closely.

That said, I am confused about what’s going on here. Are you defending the use of anti-Semitic stereotypes? If so, that’s pretty gross.
                                yup. guy called samson a greedy jew and is now doubling down.
                                Last edited by fish16; 12-20-2018, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X