Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Newcomb’s value similar to that of M.Soroka and I.Anderson?

Comment

• Originally posted by CWB3 View Post
      Is Newcomb’s value similar to that of M.Soroka and I.Anderson?
      Yes, a little more as he has proven himself at the MLB level and looks like a solid 2+ WAR mid rotation guy as a floor, with upside.

Comment

• i really hope its not newcomb. guy has had control issues since he was drafted.

Comment

• Anyone else think Miami preferring Conforto is kind of strange. He's a good, young player for sure, but aside from him being an OF, he only has 3 years of control left.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
            Yes, a little more as he has proven himself at the MLB level and looks like a solid 2+ WAR mid rotation guy as a floor, with upside.
            I don't think Newcombe is an iota better than Richards, Lopez, Neidert, Alcantara ... Soroka and Anderson seem much more promising. I've scratched ATL from my list.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
              Anyone else think Miami preferring Conforto is kind of strange. He's a good, young player for sure, but aside from him being an OF, he only has 3 years of control left.
              i think conforto is significantly better and with a higher ceiling than nimmo. just has less years of control.

- - - - - - - - - -

Charlie morton to the rays. astros with JT and Straily make even more sense now.

Comment

Anyone else think Miami preferring Conforto is kind of strange. He's a good, young player for sure, but aside from him being an OF, he only has 3 years of control left.
                No because they can cash in Conforto somewhere very easily. He can hit.

I would say he is perfect for a buyout (arbitration 26-28, 2019-2021) and get him to free agency at 31, but he is with Boras.

Comment

Yes. I think it’s strange.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                    No because they can cash in Conforto somewhere very easily. He can hit.

I would say he is perfect for a buyout (arbitration 26-28, 2019-2021) and get him to free agency at 31, but he is with Boras.
                    If you feel like you can extend him it's one thing. But if not, you're putting yourself in another situation like you're in now with Realmuto, except if he gets hurt or struggles in what should be a pretty shitty lineup, you lose some value. Yeah, you should be able to easily flip him in theory, but why not just take the value now instead, and take the variable out of it?

Comment

If you feel like you can extend him it's one thing. But if not, you're putting yourself in another situation like you're in now with Realmuto, except if he gets hurt or struggles in what should be a pretty shitty lineup, you lose some value. Yeah, you should be able to easily flip him in theory, but why not just take the value now instead, and take the variable out of it?
                      I'm with you, I'm just not opposed to it. He's not like Castro. He would be in demand to move quickly. Cleveland would be thrilled.

Comment

• Yesterday Olney reported that we had "begun to push" to trade Jt and now this:
                        MLB Trade Rumors

@mlbtraderumors
                        58s58 seconds ago
                        More
                        #Reds reportedly open a line of communication with #Marlins on J.T. Realmuto ... https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/...-realmuto.html
                        groundbreaking reporting

Comment

• bour to angels. he'll be a good pickup for them at dh

- - - - - - - - - -

Oh wait they still have pujols. maybe split time at 1b/dh

Comment

• the more i look into bryce wilson the more id love him as the 2nd arm in the jt deal. still young as hell, k's a batter an inning, not a lot of walks, and not just getting by on age.

Comment

• Rosenthal dropped an interesting note that the Mets GM knows Realmuto well as he used to work as part of his agent team. This makes a lot more sense. He probably knows what it will take to sign him and is comfortable with the player.

Also, says Barnhart not part of Realmuto packages from Cincy.

Comment

• Craig Mish

Verified account

@CraigMish
                                34s34 seconds ago
                                More
                                Source confirms Rays are the “other” team that joined the Realmuto pursuit. @JonHeyman mentioned them earlier. @JimBowdenGM listed the Rays as “in” earlier this week.
                                please give me a rays deal

Comment

Working...
                                X