Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everytime i read bandwidth here I think about giveafuck bay. Good times.
    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• In other news, Astros lost Smith (RP) for a large part of the season due to injury.

Conley or Steckenrider going their way to sweeten the package with a cheap, good, reliever just became an even better kicker.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
        (In reference to no one posting here, a 59 page offseason thread by December is probably a recent record for us, and we also broke our server bandwidth during the uniform reveal last month)
        Oh I know it was an exaggeration, but my point was that exchanges like that don't exactly entice people to join/post, or stick around.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
          In other news, Astros lost Smith (RP) for a large part of the season due to injury.

Conley or Steckenrider going their way to sweeten the package with a cheap, good, reliever just became an even better kicker.
          Houston is the "leader" right now. Seem to have made progress on arms but Miami is in NO rush. The thought is

LAD/LAA/Houston/Col/Mil could use a C and TB/NYY/SD/Atlanta are interested in JT too with Grandal and Cervelli as only names on market so teams will need him so why rush

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            Houston is the "leader" right now. Seem to have made progress on arms but Miami is in NO rush. The thought is

LAD/LAA/Houston/Col/Mil could use a C and TB/NYY/SD/Atlanta are interested in JT too with Grandal and Cervelli as only names on market so teams will need him so why rush
            Houston is such a good fit (they need a C, have title window, can offer elite prospect, talented arms, solid C, and not in the NL East)...I'm amazed that this isn't done by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
              Houston is such a good fit (they need a C, have title window, can offer elite prospect, talented arms, solid C, and not in the NL East)...I'm amazed that this isn't done by now.
              They were hoping the price would come down some to what they wanted which was Tucker/2nd Tier arm/C. Have been cool with Tucker in the deal since Oct and with Brantley signing makes them even more fine with it. The issue was the arms-Miami wanted guys like Josh James,Martin or Perez and Houston held strong with like JB,Javier,Armenteros(2nd Tier guys)

What hearing now is Houston will put Martin OR Perez in an offer AND likely something else less-Maybe JD Davis OR mid level prospect that Miami likes?

LAD is the same-they could get a deal done by 2PM today if they included Bellinger OR Verdugo but there "Best" offer so far has been Ruiz,May and an OF like Puig,Pederson,Toles. Miami is not interested plus they can't stand the LAD FO

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                They were hoping the price would come down some to what they wanted which was Tucker/2nd Tier arm/C. Have been cool with Tucker in the deal since Oct and with Brantley signing makes them even more fine with it. The issue was the arms-Miami wanted guys like Josh James,Martin or Perez and Houston held strong with like JB,Javier,Armenteros(2nd Tier guys)

What hearing now is Houston will put Martin OR Perez in an offer AND likely something else less-Maybe JD Davis OR mid level prospect that Miami likes?

LAD is the same-they could get a deal done by 2PM today if they included Bellinger OR Verdugo but there "Best" offer so far has been Ruiz,May and an OF like Puig,Pederson,Toles. Miami is not interested plus they can't stand the LAD FO
                Interesting. I don't like Bellinger, Verdugo or Tucker for the Marlins. If I'm settling on one key guy, it would be Andujar. If I want a package, I'm sleeping on TB doorstep.

Comment

• Again they aren't really in a rush. They have offers from 5 teams that they "like"(Hou/NYY/Cincy/TB/Atlanta) and 5 others that could jump in at anytime(Mil/SD/LAD/LAA/Col) so they are just waiting till they get exactly what they want.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                  Interesting. I don't like Bellinger, Verdugo or Tucker for the Marlins. If I'm settling on one key guy, it would be Andujar. If I want a package, I'm sleeping on TB doorstep.
                  They dont want 1 key guy. They want that Yelich type package-3 guys plus a C. NYY is like PLAN C that if all other deals fail and IF NYY signs Machado.

They want a Verdugo,May,Ruiz Package OR Tucker,SP,player,C Package OR Sanchez,SP,C,MIF Package.

Comment

• houston just makes too much sense at this point for a deal not to get done eventually. Tucker, stubbs, one of those SP guys, and then maybe a lower level flier or add another guy like Conley/Steckenrider/Straily to get nova.

Comment

• Craig Mish

Verified account

@CraigMish
                      3m3 minutes ago
                      More
                      The daily Realmuto : Sources : Astros are not offering Tucker. Braves still in. Rays, Reds, Padres would all need to up the ante to get serious. Could go into 2019 with J.T. on MIA. Would not surprise me if some other team got involved.
                      % updated.
                      What exactly is Houston's plan in the OF gonna be if they keep all of these guys.

- - - - - - - - - -

Wells Dusenbury

Verified account

@DuseReport
                      3m3 minutes ago
                      More
                      The Marlins currently make $15-20 million per year in their current TV deal.

The next contract could be worth around $80 million annually — money that can be spent on payroll.
                      https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...220-story.html

Comment

• Doesn’t the current deal run through 2020? They’ve been talking for years about renegotiating, but what incentive would fox sports have to renegotiate? It’s not like the Marlins are strong enough to start their own regional sports network or anything.
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                          Doesn’t the current deal run through 2020? They’ve been talking for years about renegotiating, but what incentive would fox sports have to renegotiate? It’s not like the Marlins are strong enough to start their own regional sports network or anything.
                          Yes, through the end of the 2020 season. They're talking about negotiating a new deal, not renegotiating the current deal, which at this point wouldn't make sense.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when this. The Rays have better TV numbers, so I wonder if we'll see something similar, less, or if since it's a few years later, we'll be able to get a better deal.

They mentioned MLB potentially buying the RSNs - so MLB would pay the teams because they have the TV rights?

- - - - - - - - - -

The Padres designated Clayton Richard for assignment.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                            What exactly is Houston's plan in the OF gonna be if they keep all of these guys.

- - - - - - - - - -

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...220-story.html
                            Mish's report seems odd to me. Every other outlet is saying Tucker has been offered. I'm not saying he's wrong, obviously I don't know, but it would be weird that the Astros wouldn't be willing to deal Tucker given their OF depth and recent moves.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                              Mish's report seems odd to me. Every other outlet is saying Tucker has been offered. I'm not saying he's wrong, obviously I don't know, but it would be weird that the Astros wouldn't be willing to deal Tucker given their OF depth and recent moves.
                              Id be fine with going with Alvarez as the centerpiece and then getting like 4 or 5 guys. something like Alvarez, James, Nova, lower level guy, and Stubbs for JT and Conley/Steck/Straily.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                                Id be fine with going with Alvarez as the centerpiece and then getting like 4 or 5 guys. something like Alvarez, James, Nova, lower level guy, and Stubbs for JT and Conley/Steck/Straily.
                                To heck with that. I am not down with a 1B being the centerpiece coming back for Realmuto. Plus why give up another player for a lesser return? Screw Houston and Atlanta. If they want to offer pennies on the dollar I would rather they force Realmuto to stay for the foreseeable future and get a future draft pick then settling for another depth trade. Also can we stop always adding in a catcher if the catcher is nothing more then a backup caliber guy. Ask for another super young guy who could help this team down the road since this team is not even close to being relevant. For god sake with all the salary they have dumped and Maybin being the only signing of note the last 2 years they can just sign one of the remaining FA catchers instead. It sounds like all the offers they are getting for him are garbage. Sounding like one 5-10 guy and a much lower top 30 prospect and that's it. No wonder they haven't traded him yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X