This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    Agreed, just a shame that the inevitable narrative is going to be us dumping off another star player
    Until Sherman/Jeter make the playoffs or spend money, that will be the narrative (and justifiably so).

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      Until Sherman/Jeter make the playoffs or spend money, that will be the narrative (and justifiably so).
      it will be the narrative, but not at all justifiably so as far as it relates to jeter and sherman. god forbid a team rebuild from a trainwreck and shit show of a franchise that hasnt been over .500 in 10 years and hasn't been in the playoffs in 15+.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
        it will be the narrative, but not at all justifiably so as far as it relates to jeter and sherman. god forbid a team rebuild from a trainwreck and shit show of a franchise that hasnt been over .500 in 10 years and hasn't been in the playoffs in 15+.
        Hopefully we’ll be ready to win by 2030.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
          Hopefully we’ll be ready to win by 2030.
          Don't be silly Jeter and company understand that they're in for the long rebuild. 2055 is the realistic goal. Fans should understand there's a process to the madness. Just stick around for the next 37 years and you'll see the progress firsthand.

Comment

• Only a select few like fish16 think that the narrative should be switched from disgust to FULL SUN NO CLOUDS EVER prior to the Marlins spending money and making the playoffs.

fish16 and his delusional band of misfits actually believe trading back back MVP’s is an organization that is just NAILING the rebuild.

Comment

Only a select few like fish16 think that the narrative should be switched from disgust to FULL SUN NO CLOUDS EVER prior to the Marlins spending money and making the playoffs.

fish16 and his delusional band of misfits actually believe trading back back MVP’s is an organization that is just NAILING the rebuild.
              I'm not sure if I am part of the delusional band, but on a practical level, Yelich has been the only huge mistake so far IMO on a player level. The team sucked Jupiter to Miami, they needed to clear everyone out making money that wasn't controlled for years. Stanton was making too much money and had an opt out. He had to go. They had Yelich for 5. There was no reason to move him.

I'm just hoping that was the last mistake, or Diaz/Monte/Brinson/Yamamoto end up bringing the Marlins 25+ WAR for their club controlled years to break even. It's encouraging to see them going over-slot on the draft and spending big on VVM. I think it's important to put some weight on things like that which haven't happened for over a decade. Past that, it's too early to really tell how they are doing as we need the 2-3 years of player progression.

The Yelich move is just crippling though. That's the sad one. Unfortunately their biggest whiff was on their biggest asset. It's easily setting them 1-2 full years back.

Comment

• Ive said I think they are doing a reasonably good job on the rebuild considering what they inherited. Theyve made several mistakes and the Yelich trade obviously doesnt look great after 1 year but just about every front office will make mistakes and those suck but if you can't see the difference in how this organization is being run in almost every single aspect then I don't know what to tell you. Despite some mistakes, again i dont know what to tell you if you cant see how the front office has changed in how they are approaching the draft, player development, IFA, free agency, and just the overall organization.

Comment

• The way I look at it, Loria is still 98% responsible for the position we're in right now, and that position is about as depressing as you can get as a major league baseball team. The FO should not be held responsible for it, but they also haven't done anything that should lend us any confidence that it will eventually get turned around either.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                    The way I look at it, Loria is still 98% responsible for the position we're in right now, and that position is about as depressing as you can get as a major league baseball team. The FO should not be held responsible for it, but they also haven't done anything that should lend us any confidence that it will eventually get turned around either.
                    This is a good way to look at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                      The way I look at it, Loria is still 98% responsible for the position we're in right now, and that position is about as depressing as you can get as a major league baseball team. The FO should not be held responsible for it, but they also haven't done anything that should lend us any confidence that it will eventually get turned around either.

I agree with this 1000%. All of it.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by lou View Post
                      I'm not sure if I am part of the delusional band, but on a practical level, Yelich has been the only huge mistake so far IMO on a player level. The team sucked Jupiter to Miami, they needed to clear everyone out making money that wasn't controlled for years. Stanton was making too much money and had an opt out. He had to go. They had Yelich for 5. There was no reason to move him.

I'm just hoping that was the last mistake, or Diaz/Monte/Brinson/Yamamoto end up bringing the Marlins 25+ WAR for their club controlled years to break even. It's encouraging to see them going over-slot on the draft and spending big on VVM. I think it's important to put some weight on things like that which haven't happened for over a decade. Past that, it's too early to really tell how they are doing as we need the 2-3 years of player progression.

The Yelich move is just crippling though. That's the sad one. Unfortunately their biggest whiff was on their biggest asset. It's easily setting them 1-2 full years back.

You’re not part of the delusional band. Most of that band posts at a different site.

You’re the best Marlins poster there is.

- - - - - - - - - -

Just to clarify, I’m very aware this is 95% Loria’s mess.

But the misery narrative is appropriate and won’t change until there is winning. New logos and signing a big IFA after trading the NL MVP doesn’t give the fish16’s of the world permission to call out negative Marlins fans and their negative narrative. Show us that you’re not incompetent and get us the can’t miss prospect for JT, Show us the two big FA signings in 2020 so we have a legit #1 and #2 in our starting rotation and show us winning.

THEN the narrative gets to change. Not before then.

Comment

• McCann is going back to the Braves on a 1 year deal.

Comment

• Braves signed Josh Donaldson to a 1-year, $23M contract too.

Comment

I agree with this 1000%. All of it.

- - - - - - - - - -

You’re not part of the delusional band. Most of that band posts at a different site.

You’re the best Marlins poster there is.

- - - - - - - - - -

Just to clarify, I’m very aware this is 95% Loria’s mess.

But the misery narrative is appropriate and won’t change until there is winning. New logos and signing a big IFA after trading the NL MVP doesn’t give the fish16’s of the world permission to call out negative Marlins fans and their negative narrative. Show us that you’re not incompetent and get us the can’t miss prospect for JT, Show us the two big FA signings in 2020 so we have a legit #1 and #2 in our starting rotation and show us winning.

THEN the narrative gets to change. Not before then.
                            Ha thanks, I know I am more on the cautiously optimistic scale (and have been for a decade), but yea. I just don't see the total dive bombing they get. I agree with Nick - gotta clean up Loria's mess. But the honeymoon is going to be over really quick if Monte, Alcantara, Guzman, Neidert, VVM, Scott, Osiris, Banfield, and company bomb.

It keeps getting mentioned with Werth, but they need to do a Werth deal. Spend a year or two early and show you have a vision. Manny, Xander next year, trade for Segura right now (obviously I personally want a SS), etc. Even if you move Realmuto, you can easily sell they only had him for 2 years of control. Get a bookend player to build around. It's not Anderson. It's not Brinson or Alcantara unless something absolutely amazing happens with them. It's not VVM as he doesn't have the Stanton/Yelich upside. Manny is the perfect spend money to make money guy. Give him whatever he wants.

- - - - - - - - - -

Ronald Torreyes was DFA'd. This one seems obvious.

We may in fact get out of Rivera on the 40 man.

- - - - - - - - - -

Torreyes also has a 1.7 WAR in 614 career PA. He's really not that bad.

Rivera is -1.2 in 248 PA.

This alone would honestly create a win or two. Jesus christ this is real life.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                              Ha thanks, I know I am more on the cautiously optimistic scale (and have been for a decade), but yea. I just don't see the total dive bombing they get. I agree with Nick - gotta clean up Loria's mess. But the honeymoon is going to be over really quick if Monte, Alcantara, Guzman, Neidert, VVM, Scott, Osiris, Banfield, and company bomb.

It keeps getting mentioned with Werth, but they need to do a Werth deal. Spend a year or two early and show you have a vision. Manny, Xander next year, trade for Segura right now (obviously I personally want a SS), etc. Even if you move Realmuto, you can easily sell they only had him for 2 years of control. Get a bookend player to build around. It's not Anderson. It's not Brinson or Alcantara unless something absolutely amazing happens with them. It's not VVM as he doesn't have the Stanton/Yelich upside. Manny is the perfect spend money to make money guy. Give him whatever he wants.

- - - - - - - - - -

Ronald Torreyes was DFA'd. This one seems obvious.

We may in fact get out of Rivera on the 40 man.

- - - - - - - - - -

Torreyes also has a 1.7 WAR in 614 career PA. He's really not that bad.

Rivera is -1.2 in 248 PA.

This alone would honestly create a win or two. Jesus christ this is real life.
                              Is Torreyes one of our guys or someone you're saying we should get?

Where are you seeing this info (on who's DFA'd etc)?

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                                Is Torreyes one of our guys or someone you're saying we should get?

Where are you seeing this info (on who's DFA'd etc)?
                                Yankees DFA'd him. Seems like an obvious move considering who is in charge which is what I was alluding too. Marlins can probably ditch Rivera and trade Rojas for a single A pitcher and replace with Torreyes on the spot. Saves money and gets a player FWIW.

Rotoworld is pretty good covering transactions. They'll lag on more minor ones we all don't really care about - http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...l-player-news/

MLB also posts very quickly about this, without commentary - http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/transactions/...h=11&year=2018

Comment

Working...
                                X