This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Exactly!! Still not sure u get all 3(Maybe??) but the 2 deals mention both make sense for BOTH

NYM-JT/Rojas
    Mia-Rosario,Nimmo,David Peterson OR another SP prospect,Nido

Then keep Nimmo OR flip him to Cleveland for a SP

For record I like deal u said

NYM-JT,Rojas,Conley
    Miami-Rosario,Nimmo,Alonso,Lagares,Nido and Good low level prospect
    You tell them, it's all three or he's going to Atlanta.

And yea, that basic deal makes sense to me because eating Lagares $9 million is HUGE for them. If you also have to chuck in Dean, or Wittgren, or something nominal like that to get it done, cool?

I think this would be a good depth chart for August 1, 2020:

C - ______; Nido
    1B - Alonso; Cooper/O'Brien/Whoever
    2B - Diaz or Castro(extension)
    SS - Rosario; Riddle
    3B - Anderson
    LF - VVM
    CF - Brinson; Sierra/Miller/Whoever
    RF - Monte or Nimmo

SP - _________, Alcantara, Neidert, Urena, Pablo
    RHP - Guzman, Steckenrider, Richards, Yamamoto, Gallen
    LHP - Ca. Smith, Garcia, Quijada

Trades to add to the above: One of Diaz or Castro (if you do sign Castro to an extension); Ideally one of Monte or Nimmo if all the OF work out, although one probably fails so you may keep everyone; Straily; and Lagares during 2019 season.

Ideally the trades get the catcher, and free agency money the pitcher

Top prospects remaining - Banfield, Osiris, Devers, C. Torres, Nelson, Scott, Pompey, Rogers, Garret, E. Cabrera, and 2019 # 1, 2A, and 2B picks. Pretty good depth there across the diamond.

Comment

• Staff announced

1B-Trey Hillman
      Pitching-Mel Stottlemyre JR
      Assistant Hitting-Jeff Livesey

Trey Hillman COULD become Marlins Manager in 2020 as well

Comment

• I honestly don’t want Nimmo at all. If it’s the Mets it has to be Rosario, Alonso, Peterson and another guy.
        "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
        - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
          I honestly don’t want Nimmo at all. If it’s the Mets it has to be Rosario, Alonso, Peterson and another guy.
          Well I dont think they "want" Nimmo either but other teams around the league do. They are looking for talent

Comment

Staff announced

1B-Trey Hillman
            Pitching-Mel Stottlemyre JR
            Assistant Hitting-Jeff Livesey

Trey Hillman COULD become Marlins Manager in 2020 as well
            Given that Hillman and Denbo are apparently very close, I'd say it's probably likely that he's next in line.

Wells Dusenbury

Verified account

@DuseReport
            Following Following @DuseReport
            More
            Another tie in the Trey Hillman - Gary Denbo relationship:

When Hillman got a managing job in Japan in 2002, he brought on Denbo as hitting coach.

Now, Denbo #Marlins VP of Scouting & Player Development as Hillman comes in as assistant coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
              You tell them, it's all three or he's going to Atlanta.

And yea, that basic deal makes sense to me because eating Lagares $9 million is HUGE for them. If you also have to chuck in Dean, or Wittgren, or something nominal like that to get it done, cool?

I think this would be a good depth chart for August 1, 2020:

C - ______; Nido
              1B - Alonso; Cooper/O'Brien/Whoever
              2B - Diaz or Castro(extension)
              SS - Rosario; Riddle
              3B - Anderson
              LF - VVM
              CF - Brinson; Sierra/Miller/Whoever
              RF - Monte or Nimmo

SP - _________, Alcantara, Neidert, Urena, Pablo
              RHP - Guzman, Steckenrider, Richards, Yamamoto, Gallen
              LHP - Ca. Smith, Garcia, Quijada

Trades to add to the above: One of Diaz or Castro (if you do sign Castro to an extension); Ideally one of Monte or Nimmo if all the OF work out, although one probably fails so you may keep everyone; Straily; and Lagares during 2019 season.

Ideally the trades get the catcher, and free agency money the pitcher

Top prospects remaining - Banfield, Osiris, Devers, C. Torres, Nelson, Scott, Pompey, Rogers, Garret, E. Cabrera, and 2019 # 1, 2A, and 2B picks. Pretty good depth there across the diamond.
              We just dumped Dietrich who was projected to earn half of what Lagares is - why would we take him?

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                We just dumped Dietrich who was projected to earn half of what Lagares is - why would we take him?
                It's the carrot to get all of Rosario, Nimmo, and Alonso, presuming that's the best threesome the Marlins can find.

It's actually salary neutral versus keeping Realmuto, Rojas, and Conley.

Comment

• I would jump on Nimmo,Gimenez and Alonso too

Seems NYM are sticking with Nimmo and prospects for JT

Comment

It's the carrot to get all of Rosario, Nimmo, and Alonso, presuming that's the best threesome the Marlins can find.

It's actually salary neutral versus keeping Realmuto, Rojas, and Conley.
                    You actually mean the carrot for getting Alonso, don't you? The real question is why would the Marlins target a right-hand-hitting Justin Bour when it's been made clear that management wants athletes, not slugs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                      You actually mean the carrot for getting Alonso, don't you? The real question is why would the Marlins target a right-hand-hitting Justin Bour when it's been made clear that management wants athletes, not slugs.
                      No, all of them, but if you are phrasing that as in, that's how you get the 3rd one, and the third one is Alonso, sure? That is a lot of good young positional talent for them to shoot out in a cluster for Realmuto and presumably relievers.

Alonso is also what they have. You don't want to double up on Rosario/Gimenez, they need McNeil and the Marlins really don't, so if you're assuming Nimmo and Rosario/Gimenez are the first two guys, it's Alonso or I guess David Petersen as the 3rd guy, and Alonso is flat out better so you take him.

Also, they sure do love 1B slugs - Alvarez, O'Brien, Cooper, they kept Bour and Dietrich there initially. This seems on brand even if they want the tools everywhere else.

Comment

• A "Compromise" they are talking is

Conforto and prospects for JT

Would have to think the "prospects" are SS Gimenez,either 1B Alonso or SP Peterson,Nido and maybe another prospect like Mark Vientos or some good IFA they signed that Denbo likes

Comment

• Again, I don't get the "we'd rather not trade him to Atlanta because they'll be great the next 8 years" argument. If you're getting a similar or better deal elsewhere, fine. But right now it looks like they've got the best package to offer. If that's the case, you take that package. Getting JT isn't going to be the piece that makes or breaks how good they'll be over that time period, and by getting a package of some of their best prospects, you're also taking value from them that they would either have on their team, making them better, or pieces they could use in another big trade. It's not like you're giving them JT for free.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                            Again, I don't get the "we'd rather not trade him to Atlanta because they'll be great the next 8 years" argument. If you're getting a similar or better deal elsewhere, fine. But right now it looks like they've got the best package to offer. If that's the case, you take that package. Getting JT isn't going to be the piece that makes or breaks how good they'll be over that time period, and by getting a package of some of their best prospects, you're also taking value from them that they would either have on their team, making them better, or pieces they could use in another big trade. It's not like you're giving them JT for free.
                            Ya but Atlanta has so much pitching trading Soroka and Muller does nothing to them

I am with u in trade him for the best package but thats what the talk is around the league. NYM are fine because not close however JT on Atlanta or Philly would pretty much make the NL East theirs for 8 years

Comment

A "Compromise" they are talking is

Conforto and prospects for JT

Would have to think the "prospects" are SS Gimenez,either 1B Alonso or SP Peterson,Nido and maybe another prospect like Mark Vientos or some good IFA they signed that Denbo likes
                              I would also gladly do Conforto, Gimenez, Alonso/Petersen, Nido, and a nominal outside top 10 prospect, for Realmuto and something that doesn't impact things much, like Conley, Wittgren, eating all or some of Lagares, etc.

Immediately move Conforto for a C and/or the other of 1B/SP depending on which guy you don't get above.

Works on paper assuming Conforto could be easily moved which I find a low risk.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                              Again, I don't get the "we'd rather not trade him to Atlanta because they'll be great the next 8 years" argument. If you're getting a similar or better deal elsewhere, fine. But right now it looks like they've got the best package to offer. If that's the case, you take that package. Getting JT isn't going to be the piece that makes or breaks how good they'll be over that time period, and by getting a package of some of their best prospects, you're also taking value from them that they would either have on their team, making them better, or pieces they could use in another big trade. It's not like you're giving them JT for free.
                              Yes. If they have the best package, you trade it to them and bank on beating them in 3-4 years. You can only control your own team.

Comment

I would also gladly do Conforto, Gimenez, Alonso/Petersen, Nido, and a nominal outside top 10 prospect, for Realmuto and something that doesn't impact things much, like Conley, Wittgren, eating all or some of Lagares, etc.

Immediately move Conforto for a C and/or the other of 1B/SP depending on which guy you don't get above.

Works on paper assuming Conforto could be easily moved which I find a low risk.
                                Conforto and a SP or 2 like Straily to Cleveland for Kluber?

Kluber,Gimenez,Peterson,Nido and Will Toffey or some 17 yr old for JT and Straily

Conforto is easily to flip

Should say NO clue about Cleveland SP but NYM and Clev have been talking about an OF for SP deal so assume they would be into it with us too
                                Last edited by tjfla; 12-05-2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X