This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    No clue. The thinking was talk now and get something done at the meetings but the Mets and Braves seem to be pushing the issue and wanna do something NOW so they can move onto FA

The thing with the Braves is Miami thinks they are wayy better than NYM and if they trade JT there that Atlanta will be unbeatable for years. Plus Miami likes the idea of getting a SS in a deal
    That is true and Rosario would fill a major need going forward. I wonder if the Marlins would want d'Arnaud thrown in. If he's healthy, he would be a decent stopgap at C for a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
      That is true and Rosario would fill a major need going forward. I wonder if the Marlins would want d'Arnaud thrown in. If he's healthy, he would be a decent stopgap at C for a year.
      No clue I just heard that want a C in the deal. Mets have

d'Arnaud
      Pawlecki
      Nido

Comment

No clue. The thinking was talk now and get something done at the meetings but the Mets and Braves seem to be pushing the issue and wanna do something NOW so they can move onto FA

The thing with the Braves is Miami thinks they are wayy better than NYM and if they trade JT there that Atlanta will be unbeatable for years. Plus Miami likes the idea of getting a SS in a deal

- - - - - - - - - -

The thing with Nimmo is if u get him u already have too many OF for 2020 with VV and Harrison coming up

They would rather trade him for a Cleveland SP or something else

Its the same with Austin Riley and Atlanta. Yes they like him but he plays 3B which means BA goes to RF and then 2020 u have

LF-VV
        CF-Harrison
        RF-BA/Brinson

4th OF-Miller,Sierra(Both are perfect 4th OF)
        5th OF-Dean.Harold
        I don't think either is a problem, really. Nimmo can still be traded any time over the next couple of years if any of those guys pan out.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
          I don't think either is a problem, really. Nimmo can still be traded any time over the next couple of years if any of those guys pan out.
          Agreed but if u do it now u could likely get a Cleveland SP as Clev and NYM have discussed Nimmo for SP already

Not saying u get Kluber for Nimmo straight up but Kluber as #1 SP,Rosario as SS,David Peterson as SP prospect and stopgap C is pretty solid package

Comment

• I really don't see how this lines up for the Mets as they don't have the best assets. But, if they are insane to prevent Atlanta from getting him (which was their reasoning with E. Diaz), I feel you do something like this:

MIA - Realmuto, Conley, Rojas, and Dean
            NYM - Nimmo, Rosario, Alonso, Nido, some future RP arm outside their top 15-20, and Lagares with his salary

Basically, you need all three of the big names as Rosario/Alonso aren't enough to beat Atlanta deal, and they don't have third level assets worth it.

Nimmo (who I think is overvalued with his .350 BABIP/.260 AVG, but he's still pretty good, just not 2018 good) is probably too much to add to those two though, so you go down of a rabbit hole of kicking in Conley who would be very useful for them, taking on Lagares bad money so they can go out and sign an OF with that money plus Wright's injury settlement, and kick in Dean who is whatever, but he's likely a useful backup replacement as you've hammered their OF depth with this. It's just a lot of moving parts because I can't see how this works unless you get all 3 of those Mets guys.

Marlins would be in a good position to flip Nimmo (or Monte if you keep Nimmo), Castro (or Diaz if you keep Castro), Lagares, and Straily, all rather immediately or at the deadline, for more pitching and catching help, and then on paper in 2020, things make a lot of sense for the Marlins.

Mets can move McNeil to 3B, Frazier 1B, Rojas SS and Gimenez coming, have D. Smith to still replace Frazier next year at 1B and to play predominant LF this year, with Conforto and a pricy free agent at the other OF spots. They'd actually look pretty good on paper with some smart lower cost moves on 1 year players, moving D'Arnaud for a positional backup, etc., and be pretty much set for 2020 (especially if Cespedes makes it back by then). T

Just saying, I think you need all 3 if you're the Marlins, and you kick in Conley and take on Lagares money to basically convince them to do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
              I really don't see how this lines up for the Mets as they don't have the best assets. But, if they are insane to prevent Atlanta from getting him (which was their reasoning with E. Diaz), I feel you do something like this:

MIA - Realmuto, Conley, Rojas, and Dean
              NYM - Nimmo, Rosario, Alonso, Nido, some future RP arm outside their top 15-20, and Lagares with his salary

Basically, you need all three of the big names as Rosario/Alonso aren't enough to beat Atlanta deal, and they don't have third level assets worth it.

Nimmo (who I think is overvalued with his .350 BABIP/.260 AVG, but he's still pretty good, just not 2018 good) is probably too much to add to those two though, so you go down of a rabbit hole of kicking in Conley who would be very useful for them, taking on Lagares bad money so they can go out and sign an OF with that money plus Wright's injury settlement, and kick in Dean who is whatever, but he's likely a useful backup replacement as you've hammered their OF depth with this. It's just a lot of moving parts because I can't see how this works unless you get all 3 of those Mets guys.

Marlins would be in a good position to flip Nimmo (or Monte if you keep Nimmo), Castro (or Diaz if you keep Castro), Lagares, and Straily, all rather immediately or at the deadline, for more pitching and catching help, and then on paper in 2020, things make a lot of sense for the Marlins.

Mets can move McNeil to 3B, Frazier 1B, Rojas SS and Gimenez coming, have D. Smith to still replace Frazier next year at 1B and to play predominant LF this year, with Conforto and a pricy free agent at the other OF spots. They'd actually look pretty good on paper with some smart lower cost moves on 1 year players, moving D'Arnaud for a positional backup, etc., and be pretty much set for 2020 (especially if Cespedes makes it back by then). T

Just saying, I think you need all 3 if you're the Marlins, and you kick in Conley and take on Lagares money to basically convince them to do that.
              They are which is why Miami is listening to them.Miami isnt really jumping for joy looking at what they got but think they could get an overpay.Also NYM have alot of young IFA guys maybe Denbo wants to get 1 of them in a deal?

Miami would love to do a Riley/Soroka/Muller deal with Atlanta but the thinking is IF they do it Atlanta would likely win the division for the next 8 years. If they do something with the NYM they think they are still a bad team

Comment

• Wow, seems like you guys take Nimmo far too lightly. He would immediately become Miami's best player - by a mile. He is basically what one hopes Kyle Tucker becomes. For the Marlins, he figures to bat second or third. Rosario is available only because the Mets like Giminez, their top prospect, as a future SS. I'd take the deal today.

As to Miami's OF glut ... WHAT? The only thing certain about every one of them is that they are highly questionable (with the exception of VVM, who we know little about). Pinning hopes on Brinson and Harrison seems downright silly. All that said, another option would be to take Nimmo and Rosario, and then flip Nimmo to ATL for Anderson and Soroka! ATL is looking to replace Markakis and Nimmo would be a perfect solution.

Note: these 2018 numbers have to discourage other teams on Realmuto, at least a little:

Pre All-Star 274 46 85 20 3 12 45 17 8 56 1 2 .310 .365 .536 .901
                Post All-Star 203 28 47 10 0 9 29 21 2 48 2 0 .232 .307 .414 .721
                Last edited by Lee Stone; 12-05-2018, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Coaching Staff should be announced today with

1B-Trey Hillman(Confirmed)
                  Pitching-Roger McDowell
                  Ass Hitting-Tino

Likely
                  Didn't this get him in trouble before?

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                    Didn't this get him in trouble before?
                    No that was choking DD

- - - - - - - - - -

Something to watch is if Colorado changes mind.

Miami is VERY interested in a trade with them

Col-JT
                    Mia-Rodgers,Freeland OR Marquez,Nevin and another prospect or 2

Colorado has balked at the price so far

Comment

No that was choking DD

- - - - - - - - - -

Col-JT

Of course they balked. Rodgers and Nevin would seem adequate to me. Nevin is looking like an elite hitter.

Comment

No that was choking DD
                        I know, it was a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                          Wow, seems like you guys take Nimmo far too lightly. He would immediately become Miami's best player - by a mile. He is basically what one hopes Kyle Tucker becomes. For the Marlins, he figures to bat second or third. Rosario is available only because the Mets like Giminez, their top prospect, as a future SS. I'd take the deal today.

As to Miami's OF glut ... WHAT? The only thing certain about every one of them is that they are highly questionable (with the exception of VVM, who we know little about). Pinning hopes on Brinson and Harrison seems downright silly.

Note: these 2018 numbers have to discourage other teams on Realmuto, at least a little:

Pre All-Star 274 46 85 20 3 12 45 17 8 56 1 2 .310 .365 .536 .901
                          Post All-Star 203 28 47 10 0 9 29 21 2 48 2 0 .232 .307 .414 .721
                          Nimmo - .263 AVG / .351 BABIP in 2018 (this is not optimal at all); Below average defensively; Projected to hit .239/.352/.396 next year and be a 2.5 WAR player by 2 scouting services. He's good, he is not a BABIP inflated, unexpected power surge, 4.5 WAR good. If the Mets want to value him at that, no thanks. But if you want to place his value along the lines of a solid 2.5 WAR player, sure. I'd rather have Anderson longterm as an infielder who can play defense, but it's close.

Kyle Tucker has a much higher ceiling. Especially in his slugging profile. They are not a good comparison. Overall though, yes, the hope is Tucker would be a consistent 4+ WAR player, with peripherals supporting that, for sure.

Regardless of what you think, Brinson, Harrison, and VVM are going to get 1,000+ PA at the MLB level with the Marlins to prove themselves. Top 100 prospects are not cast away because they had a bad year. There are only so many PA to go around and the vast majority of them are spoken for, for the next few years (including Sierra who will get a bunch at some point). Who knows if this is a production glut, but it will be difficult for them to get a 4th OF-only type as they all will need to play. Tucker is an exception as he is a top 15 overall prospect and you just deal with that for the pure upside. You don't need to do things like that for Nimmo types.

Realmuto has shown up for 3-4 years. 203 PA out of his previous 2,000, where he is 28 and blew all catchers away last year, doesn't register as a blip.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          No that was choking DD

- - - - - - - - - -

Col-JT

As they should with the pitchers. Pint seems like the one they should look at if Rodgers is involved.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          They are which is why Miami is listening to them.Miami isnt really jumping for joy looking at what they got but think they could get an overpay.Also NYM have alot of young IFA guys maybe Denbo wants to get 1 of them in a deal?

Miami would love to do a Riley/Soroka/Muller deal with Atlanta but the thinking is IF they do it Atlanta would likely win the division for the next 8 years. If they do something with the NYM they think they are still a bad team
                          Yea, the Atlanta deal permutations are better for sure.

The Mets could work, but I think you really need all 3 of Nimmo/Alonso/Rosario and send them other stuff and eat Lagares money so they can go buy some big OF bat. It's just complicated.

Comment

Nimmo - .263 AVG / .351 BABIP in 2018 (this is not optimal at all); Below average defensively; Projected to hit .239/.352/.396 next year and be a 2.5 WAR player by 2 scouting services. He's good, he is not a BABIP inflated, unexpected power surge, 4.5 WAR good. If the Mets want to value him at that, no thanks. But if you want to place his value along the lines of a solid 2.5 WAR player, sure. I'd rather have Anderson longterm as an infielder who can play defense, but it's close.

Kyle Tucker has a much higher ceiling. Especially in his slugging profile. They are not a good comparison. Overall though, yes, the hope is Tucker would be a consistent 4+ WAR player, with peripherals supporting that, for sure.

Regardless of what you think, Brinson, Harrison, and VVM are going to get 1,000+ PA at the MLB level with the Marlins to prove themselves. Top 100 prospects are not cast away because they had a bad year. There are only so many PA to go around and the vast majority of them are spoken for, for the next few years (including Sierra who will get a bunch at some point). Who knows if this is a production glut, but it will be difficult for them to get a 4th OF-only type as they all will need to play. Tucker is an exception as he is a top 15 overall prospect and you just deal with that for the pure upside. You don't need to do things like that for Nimmo types.

Realmuto has shown up for 3-4 years. 203 PA out of his previous 2,000, where he is 28 and blew all catchers away last year, doesn't register as a blip.

- - - - - - - - - -

As they should with the pitchers. Pint seems like the one they should look at if Rodgers is involved.

- - - - - - - - - -

Yea, the Atlanta deal permutations are better for sure.

The Mets could work, but I think you really need all 3 of Nimmo/Alonso/Rosario and send them other stuff and eat Lagares money so they can go buy some big OF bat. It's just complicated.
                            Colorado has Pint,Lambert,Rolison,Castellani as other SP options but Miami seems to be focused on Freeland or Marquez. Lets just say Colorado has TONS that Miami likes

Agreed very complicated but who knows? 3 straight days of talking maybe something happens. NYM and Atlanta are trying to get stuff done BEFORE the Winter Meetings so they can sign FA on Monday
                            Last edited by tjfla; 12-05-2018, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Yea, just saw a report the Mets are looking at Pollock.

That makes total sense to me:

C - Realmuto, Plawecki
                              1B - Frazier (Smith next year)
                              2B - Cano
                              SS - Rojas (Gimenez next year)
                              3B - McNeil
                              LF - Smith
                              CF - Pollock
                              RF - Conforto

SP - DeGrom, Thor, Wheeler, Matz, Vargas
                              BP - Diaz, Gsellman, Lugo, Conley

They can fill out their bench trading D'Arnaud for a cheap 4th OF and signing cheap 1 year veterans for 2 other bench slots. The big question is dropping Cespedes on this if he can play.

They can legitimately dish out Nimmo, Rosario, and Alonso for Realmuto, Rojas, and Conley, with the Marlins eating Lagares money. Hell, throw in Wittgren too. Who cares. They got the reliever arms and you're not contending for 2 more years.

It really works for everyone but the Mets need to take a leap of faith moving three cheap position players.

Comment

Yea, just saw a report the Mets are looking at Pollock.

That makes total sense to me:

C - Realmuto, Plawecki
                                1B - Frazier (Smith next year)
                                2B - Cano
                                SS - Rojas (Gimenez next year)
                                3B - McNeil
                                LF - Smith
                                CF - Pollock
                                RF - Conforto

SP - DeGrom, Thor, Wheeler, Matz, Vargas
                                BP - Diaz, Gsellman, Lugo, Conley

They can fill out their bench trading D'Arnaud for a cheap 4th OF and signing cheap 1 year veterans for 2 other bench slots. The big question is dropping Cespedes on this if he can play.

They can legitimately dish out Nimmo, Rosario, and Alonso for Realmuto, Rojas, and Conley, with the Marlins eating Lagares money. Hell, throw in Wittgren too. Who cares. They got the reliever arms and you're not contending for 2 more years.

It really works for everyone but the Mets need to take a leap of faith moving three cheap position players.
                                Exactly!! Still not sure u get all 3(Maybe??) but the 2 deals mention both make sense for BOTH

NYM-JT/Rojas
                                Mia-Rosario,Nimmo,David Peterson OR another SP prospect,Nido

Then keep Nimmo OR flip him to Cleveland for a SP

For record I like deal u said

NYM-JT,Rojas,Conley
                                Miami-Rosario,Nimmo,Alonso,Lagares,Nido and Good low level prospect

- - - - - - - - - -

I still think no matter what deal they try to flip Nimmo to a OF needy team like Clev/Arizona?

Comment

Working...
                                X