This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    Not the biggest fan of Soroka instead of Anderson or Wright but getting Riley would be awesome and id imagine we get another one of their pitching prospects in that deal.
    Astros might be signing Chirinos (who is pretty solid). Stassi and him will get them 2-3 WAR for cheap.

Maybe Nationals signing Corbin causes a further Atlanta freak out as every major move this offseason is happening in the NL East.

Comment

• id shoot for anderson, riley, gohara, and contreras for JT and steckenrider

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
        id shoot for anderson, riley, gohara, and contreras for JT and steckenrider
        I'd do that for sure, but sub out Conley for Steckenrider. Less years of control, but still enough to be a good kicker to them.

Comment

• I keep seeing the cubs mentioned but they would have to be dealing major league guys because their farm system is bad. Id consider JT for Happ, Schwarber, Russell, and their catching prospect that is top 100.

- - - - - - - - - -

Ken Rosenthal

Verified account

@Ken_Rosenthal
          2m2 minutes ago
          More
          #Mets continue to talk to #Marlins about a trade for All-Star catcher J.T. Realmuto, sources tell The Athletic. Made contact again today.
          I just dont see what they have to offer us.

- - - - - - - - - -

Although looking further into it maybe something with Giminez and Alonso + more.

- - - - - - - - - -

Or amed rosario and alonso.

Comment

• Not a big Rosario fan, but a HUGE Alonso fan (could just be the UF homer in me, though).

Any chance the Braves deal Joey Wentz? I'm real high on him.
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Tim Healey

Verified account

@timbhealey
              Follow Follow @timbhealey
              More
              The Mets and Marlins are talking about a potential J.T. Realmuto trade, source says, but the Mets' package would have to include at least one young major league piece.
              This seems to be getting more serious. Id imagine that is Rosario, right? Nimmo doesnt really make much sense. I think getting Rosario with 5 years of team control left and being the #1 prospect in baseball within the last 2 years and then Alonso and McNeil and then a flier on a pitcher. I dont love the mets system but that would not be bad at all.

Comment

• Talking about Nimmo or Rosario. Id do Rosario and Alonso and a 3rd piece. thats a really solid return.

Comment

• I heard or saw somewhere that a Mets deal would have to include Nimmo or Conforto.

Comment

• Both of those guys are good its just that we have so many damn OF's already. You want to get the best talent but at some point we do need to address infield. If we get Rosario and his 5 years of team control left and then Mcneil and slide him to 3b and then long term you can move Anderson between 3b, RF, 1b as needed and go with a future hitting core of Anderson at 1b, Diaz at 2b, Rosario as SS, Mcneil at 3b, and then in the OF any of Brinson, Monte, Victor Victor, Scott, Pompey, Miller, Sierra, Dean, etc.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also once we trade JT we're gonna need a starting catching option asusming we dont get one in a JT deal. Id look into Johnathan Lucroy on a maybe decent 2 year deal. We have nothing in the near future coming up and he could turn it around and give us decent production for cheap for a few years. Id do 1 for 6 or so or maybe 2 for 10-12.

Comment

• Nimmo (Mets best player) and top prospect ss Giminez would be a good return from the Mets, but I can't see them giving up a 4.4 WAR guy like Nimmo. They'd want to hand over Alonso, who is a super slow and limited to 1b.

Comment

• alonso reminds me a ton of rhys hoskins on the phillies. neither is a great defender especially in the OF but both just absolutely rake.

Comment

• Mish's latest odds:

Braves 20% (trending up)
                          Rockies 10%
                          Mets 10% (trending up)
                          Yankees 10%
                          Astros 10% (trending down)
                          Phillies 10% (trending up)
                          Dodgers 10%
                          Brewers 5%
                          Marlins 5%
                          Cubs 5%
                          Other 5%

Interesting that Houston is going down. Are they not giving the Marlins what they want, or are the other teams making more of a push? It's also interesting that the three teams trending up are all in the division.

Comment

• Well tons of JT talk last night

Colorado is likely passing on JT as Miami asked for Rodgers,ML SP(Freeland),Nevin and MORE

Atlanta is back in on JT and offer is

ATL-JT
                            Mia-Austin Riley/Soroka/One of Wentz,Muller,Bryse Wilson(Another SP)

But as most everyone has heard the new "leader" is the NYM

Conflicting reports but here it is. NYM is offering a deal of Brandon Nimmo and prospects for JT and Prado while Miami countered with 2 offers.

NYM-JT and Rojas
                            Miami-Rosario,Nimmo,Minor League Arm(Peterson/Kay guessing),Catcher(NYM have 3)

NYM-JT and Rojas
                            Miami-Rosario,Alonso,Minor League Arm(Peterson/Kay guessing),GOOD low level prospect(IFA type or Vientos guessing),Catcher(NYM have 3)

Miami wants Rosario in the deal and if they get Nimmo don't be surprised if they try to flip him somewhere(Cleveland?) for prospects or a SP

Houston is still in but Mish has the down because they signed Chirinos last night but remember JT can play 1b and DH. Houston's offer is Tucker and more for JT

- - - - - - - - - -

Coaching Staff should be announced today with

1B-Trey Hillman(Confirmed)
                            Pitching-Roger McDowell
                            Ass Hitting-Tino

Likely

- - - - - - - - - -

A note on the NYM. They have came out of nowhere on the JT trade front and its them who are being aggressive as hell with Miami. Denbo's plan was talk some and do something at the Winter Meetings but NYM have been blowing up phone for 2 days and throwing out proposals left and right
                            Last edited by tjfla; 12-05-2018, 07:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              Well tons of JT talk last night

Colorado is likely passing on JT as Miami asked for Rodgers,ML SP(Freeland),Nevin and MORE

Atlanta is back in on JT and offer is

ATL-JT
                              Mia-Austin Riley/Soroka/One of Wentz,Muller,Bryse Wilson(Another SP)

But as most everyone has heard the new "leader" is the NYM

Conflicting reports but here it is. NYM is offering a deal of Brandon Nimmo and prospects for JT and Prado while Miami countered with 2 offers.

NYM-JT and Rojas
                              Miami-Rosario,Nimmo,Minor League Arm(Peterson/Kay guessing),Catcher(NYM have 3)

NYM-JT and Rojas
                              Miami-Rosario,Alonso,Minor League Arm(Peterson/Kay guessing),GOOD low level prospect(IFA type or Vientos guessing),Catcher(NYM have 3)

Miami wants Rosario in the deal and if they get Nimmo don't be surprised if they try to flip him somewhere(Cleveland?) for prospects or a SP

Houston is still in but Mish has the down because they signed Chirinos last night but remember JT can play 1b and DH. Houston's offer is Tucker and more for JT

- - - - - - - - - -

Coaching Staff should be announced today with

1B-Trey Hillman(Confirmed)
                              Pitching-Roger McDowell
                              Ass Hitting-Tino

Likely

- - - - - - - - - -

A note on the NYM. They have came out of nowhere on the JT trade front and its them who are being aggressive as hell with Miami. Denbo's plan was talk some and do something at the Winter Meetings but NYM have been blowing up phone for 2 days and throwing out proposals left and right
                              I think I'd prefer a Rosario and Alonso deal, but if they got Nimmo, I wouldn't be so quick to flip him. He would eliminate the need to sign another OF this year and still has 5 years of control.

The Braves offer is pretty good as well. Do you think this gets to next week?
                              Last edited by fauowls44; 12-05-2018, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                                I think I'd prefer a Rosario and Alonso deal, but if they got Nimmo, I wouldn't be so quick to flip him. He would eliminate the need to sign another OF this year and still has 5 years of control.

The Braves offer is pretty good as well. Do you think this gets to next week?
                                No clue. The thinking was talk now and get something done at the meetings but the Mets and Braves seem to be pushing the issue and wanna do something NOW so they can move onto FA

The thing with the Braves is Miami thinks they are wayy better than NYM and if they trade JT there that Atlanta will be unbeatable for years. Plus Miami likes the idea of getting a SS in a deal

- - - - - - - - - -

The thing with Nimmo is if u get him u already have too many OF for 2020 with VV and Harrison coming up

They would rather trade him for a Cleveland SP or something else

Its the same with Austin Riley and Atlanta. Yes they like him but he plays 3B which means BA goes to RF and then 2020 u have

LF-VV
                                CF-Harrison
                                RF-BA/Brinson

4th OF-Miller,Sierra(Both are perfect 4th OF)
                                5th OF-Dean.Harold

Comment

Working...
                                X