• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking about Langeliers

Teddy Cahill
    ‏Verified account @tedcahill
    12h12 hours ago

Baylor catcher Shea Langeliers, a Preseason All-American and No. 6 on the Top 200 Draft Prospects list, is out for the next few weeks after breaking his hamate.
    Tough blow on Opening Weekend for the No. 16 Bears. @KendallRogers had first

I would say I wish Langeliers or Carter Stewart fell to #35 but no chance we get any "contract demand" droppers cause Arizona has like 4 of first 34 picks.

Comment

• Dietrich MILB deal Reds, could get $2 million on active roster. That’s brutal. He’s a solid player who should have a job.

Comment

• Is it possible that Dietrich was a problem off the field? It truly makes no sense otherwise.

Comment

• There is gonna be a work stoppage in the coming years 100%. Idk the solution to incentivize teams to promote their prospects rather than keep them down or for quality veterans like Dietrich to get the money they deserve but man, this current system just isn’t working and isn’t sustainable for the veteran players. Maybe you automatically get like 7 or 8 years of a players beginning of their career from the time they are drafted and then they become free agents could work. That way teams are incentivized to promote guys when they are ready and players then hit free agency earlier in their career so they aren’t hitting free agency at ages like 30+ where it’s not smart for teams to spend on them.

Maybe that’s not the best idea but this seems destined for a work stoppage that drastically changes the business of baseball and the smart way to build teams

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          Another option is trade for guys too. System should be solid by 2021

40-60 million to play with

- - - - - - - - - -

If anyone is wondering why we are trying to get IFA always

https://redsminorleagues.com/2019/02...iana-for-1-3m/

We did NOT get this guy but Cubans are always on the market and if u got free cash u can get some great talent. He is waiting till July 2 to sign

St Louis got this kid for $300,000 LY(LOOK at these stats)
          http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...tting/2018/ALL

Cardinals have proven time and time again they have some of if not the best scouts in the game. They are consistently finding diamonds in the rough and drafting major leaguers deep into the draft.

Cubans do seem like potential higher ceiling signings for cheap given that a lot of times they are unknowns compared to guys from say the Dominican or Puerto Rico who are often scouted and on the radar for years prior to being eligible to sign

- - - - - - - - - -

I doubt Dietrich was a problem off the field. He seemed like the exact opposite actually. He did have the thing with I believe Tino Martinez (that was Dietrich right) but that seemed pretty obviously not his fault

Comment

• https://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/...ng-cage-072913

Comment

• LOL, I forgot how much Tino came off as a crazy person in that article.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                There is gonna be a work stoppage in the coming years 100%. Idk the solution to incentivize teams to promote their prospects rather than keep them down or for quality veterans like Dietrich to get the money they deserve but man, this current system just isn’t working and isn’t sustainable for the veteran players. Maybe you automatically get like 7 or 8 years of a players beginning of their career from the time they are drafted and then they become free agents could work. That way teams are incentivized to promote guys when they are ready and players then hit free agency earlier in their career so they aren’t hitting free agency at ages like 30+ where it’s not smart for teams to spend on them.

Maybe that’s not the best idea but this seems destined for a work stoppage that drastically changes the business of baseball and the smart way to build teams

- - - - - - - - - -

Cardinals have proven time and time again they have some of if not the best scouts in the game. They are consistently finding diamonds in the rough and drafting major leaguers deep into the draft.

Cubans do seem like potential higher ceiling signings for cheap given that a lot of times they are unknowns compared to guys from say the Dominican or Puerto Rico who are often scouted and on the radar for years prior to being eligible to sign

- - - - - - - - - -

I doubt Dietrich was a problem off the field. He seemed like the exact opposite actually. He did have the thing with I believe Tino Martinez (that was Dietrich right) but that seemed pretty obviously not his fault
                DD issue was doesn't hit for enough power and doesn't hit for enough average. U can be a .240 25HR guy or a .300 8HR guy but not .250 15HR guy. Will say he is made for AL DH so surprised no AL signed him. Also doesn't help when u are terrible in the field but this is the way MLB is going-prove u can play and beat out the young cheap guy instead of a team giving u a massive deal

Yep DD was who Tino choked

1000% will be a strike and it will be ALL on the players. They all ask for 5 yr/100 million dollar deals then cry when they don't get it-no teams are giving some 34 yr old 20 million when u can get a 24 yr old for 500K. Gone are the days when teams would just give out money and roster spots
                Last edited by tjfla; 02-18-2019, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• Wow the most surprising part of that article to me was that Dietrich was with the team since 2013. Didn’t seem that long

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                    DD issue was doesn't hit for enough power and doesn't hit for enough average. U can be a .240 25HR guy or a .300 8HR guy but not .250 15HR guy.
                    Deitrich hit more HR’s last year than anyone on our 2019 roster. For a team that will reeeaaaaalllllyyy struggle to score runs in 2019, it’s weird the Marlins didn’t keep him.

Comment

• Dont worry we brought in Neil Walker to play 1st base.

Comment

• I mean is there really a difference between keeping Dietrich and signing walker and granderson to play 1b/of? I’m assuming they really didn’t like his defense. And given that he got a minor league deal the rest of the league seemed to agree.

Comment

• I don't know what Granderson has to do with this conversation. Just saying there's nothing Neil Walker can do at this point of his career that Dietrich can't and is 4 years younger. Plus if we're going to suck, and we are, give the few loyal fans a familiar face. Does it matter at all in the long run? No, but it'd be nice to have at least the slightest bit of continuity and loyalty.

Comment

• A player like Dietrich not getting a major league deal is a really bad sign for the league. He’s a career 109 ops+ and has positional flexibility. I’m so interested to see what the next cba looks like because this is getting kind of ridiculous the last few years.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                            I don't know what Granderson has to do with this conversation. Just saying there's nothing Neil Walker can do at this point of his career that Dietrich can't and is 4 years younger. Plus if we're going to suck, and we are give the few loyal fans a familiar face. Does it matter at all in the long run? No, but it'd be nice to have at least the slightest bit of continuity and loyalty.
                            I was just bringing him up because he’s taking dietrichs spot in a corner outfield spot but I agree on Dietrich. Other teams clearly seemed to agree on valuing Dietrich though

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                              but it'd be nice to have at least the slightest bit of continuity and loyalty.
                              Exactly.

Comment

• Can't speak for other teams but I know why we didnt keep him

#1 Didn't think he was worth 4M
                                #2 They thought he got to big(muscular) for IF and was terrible in OF
                                #3 Jeter wants to bring Tino/other NYY around for instruction and we all read the article

Again I am surprised an AL team like Oakland didn't jump all over him

Comment

Working...
                                X