This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lou View Post
    Yankees DFA'd him. Seems like an obvious move considering who is in charge which is what I was alluding too. Marlins can probably ditch Rivera and trade Rojas for a single A pitcher and replace with Torreyes on the spot. Saves money and gets a player FWIW.

Rotoworld is pretty good covering transactions. They'll lag on more minor ones we all don't really care about - http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...l-player-news/

MLB also posts very quickly about this, without commentary - http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/transactions/...h=11&year=2018
    I usually follow MLBTR, (and I now see they have the Torreyes DFA there), but you knew before they posted it.

I'm on board with the move, should they make it.

Comment

• So Dietrich went unclaimed and is a free agent. They got nothing.

They kept B. Lee and B. Meyer on minor league options also. Maybe they resurface.

Comment

Ha thanks, I know I am more on the cautiously optimistic scale (and have been for a decade), but yea. I just don't see the total dive bombing they get. I agree with Nick - gotta clean up Loria's mess. But the honeymoon is going to be over really quick if Monte, Alcantara, Guzman, Neidert, VVM, Scott, Osiris, Banfield, and company bomb.

It keeps getting mentioned with Werth, but they need to do a Werth deal. Spend a year or two early and show you have a vision. Manny, Xander next year, trade for Segura right now (obviously I personally want a SS), etc. Even if you move Realmuto, you can easily sell they only had him for 2 years of control. Get a bookend player to build around. It's not Anderson. It's not Brinson or Alcantara unless something absolutely amazing happens with them. It's not VVM as he doesn't have the Stanton/Yelich upside. Manny is the perfect spend money to make money guy. Give him whatever he wants.

- - - - - - - - - -

Ronald Torreyes was DFA'd. This one seems obvious.

We may in fact get out of Rivera on the 40 man.

- - - - - - - - - -

Torreyes also has a 1.7 WAR in 614 career PA. He's really not that bad.

Rivera is -1.2 in 248 PA.

This alone would honestly create a win or two. Jesus christ this is real life.
        This is pretty spot on, IMO. I'd almost be more inclined to trade JT even with a signing like that. You're not going to win immediately anyway, so why not add a young top level player while also continuing to build the farm. I'm sure the media will pan it, not understanding why you traded guys like they did if you're going to turn around and spend on another player, but I think it's a sound plan and shows you're going somewhere.

Comment

So Dietrich went unclaimed and is a free agent. They got nothing.

They kept B. Lee and B. Meyer on minor league options also. Maybe they resurface.
          DD went unclaimed because of his contract. Alot of teams were interested BUT thought they could get him cheaper in FA

Like they kept Lee and Meyer. Great Depth for the system

Would love for them to put a claim in on Torreyes

- - - - - - - - - -

Atlanta signing McCann had to do with Miami pretty much telling Atlanta they dont wanna trade JT to the NL East. Lots of teams still in on him

Houston/Col/LAA/LAD/Milwaukee/Cubs/Arizona/Oak

Miami still wants a crazy package for him but feeling is price will come down a little during Winter Meetings. Brewers might be the surprise team

Hiura/Freddy Peralta/Corbin Burnes/Brice Turang/Erceg/lots of mid level arms interest Miami. Package would be headlined by Hiura

- - - - - - - - - -

Another name to watch for Rule 5 is RP Junior Fernandez from St Louis. Miami tried to get him in St Louis deals LY but they wouldn't deal him(had injuries LY but they moved him to the pen)

Feeling around the FO is still that they will draft 2 guys in Rule 5

Comment

• Marlins signed a guy named Harold Ramirez - https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.asp...86&position=OF

High BABIP last year, but he's really hit in the minors overall for his career. Seems like a good OF flyer.

Looks like the strategy with this guy and Gabriel Guerrero is to find bench outfielders out of nowhere.

Comment

Marlins signed a guy named Harold Ramirez - https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.asp...86&position=OF

High BABIP last year, but he's really hit in the minors overall for his career. Seems like a good OF flyer.

Looks like the strategy with this guy and Gabriel Guerrero is to find bench outfielders out of nowhere.
              Solid signing. 24 and can hit. Actually was a good prospect when Pitt signed him

Both Ramirez and Guerrero are Austin Dean/Peter O'Brien types. Nothing great but could help a ML team and are still young enough to do so
              Last edited by tjfla; 11-27-2018, 07:34 AM.

Comment

• Rosenthal has info up on JT but this is from Mish

Craig Mish
                ‏Verified account @CraigMish
                21m21 minutes ago

Craig Mish Retweeted Ken Rosenthal

Ken beat me to it this morning. I believe this is the deal Marlins will do and what they are looking for. If Astros offer Tucker + James (or perhaps Cionel Perez) JT will head to Houston.

- - - - - - - - - -

Pretty much the same rumor that has been making the rounds for a few weeks now as to what Miami wants. Tucker/Martin OR Cionel Perez/Stubbs OR Stassi for JT

Have heard they like Martin and Perez ALOT more than Josh James but would take any of the 3(see James as a RP and will be 26 already)

Alot of people still think a Alvarez/Martin/Cionel Perez OR James OR JB/Stubbs OR Stassi package is what they likely end up with however. Alvarez NOT as good as Tucker BUT they get another arm OR prospect in the deal

Comment

• Few things to watch for over next week as related to JT market

1 Where do these big name SP go in trades?
                  2 Houston go after a FA OF like AJ Pollock or someone? If so mean willing to deal Tucker
                  3 FA C(Ramos/Grandal)

Still about 5/6 teams in on him

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                    Rosenthal has info up on JT but this is from Mish

Craig Mish
                    ‏Verified account @CraigMish
                    21m21 minutes ago

Craig Mish Retweeted Ken Rosenthal

Ken beat me to it this morning. I believe this is the deal Marlins will do and what they are looking for. If Astros offer Tucker + James (or perhaps Cionel Perez) JT will head to Houston.

- - - - - - - - - -

Pretty much the same rumor that has been making the rounds for a few weeks now as to what Miami wants. Tucker/Martin OR Cionel Perez/Stubbs OR Stassi for JT

Have heard they like Martin and Perez ALOT more than Josh James but would take any of the 3(see James as a RP and will be 26 already)

Alot of people still think a Alvarez/Martin/Cionel Perez OR James OR JB/Stubbs OR Stassi package is what they likely end up with however. Alvarez NOT as good as Tucker BUT they get another arm OR prospect in the deal
                    Rosenthal acknowledges pure speculation on his part. He is privy to no actual discussions whatsoever - in his own words. Personally, I'm keeping an eye on the Yankees. Miguel Andujar would instantly become the face of the franchise.
                    Last edited by Lee Stone; 11-27-2018, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• getting kyle tucker and one of those SP prospects would be awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                        Rosenthal acknowledges pure speculation on his part. He is privy to no actual discussions whatsoever - in his own words. Personally, I'm keeping an eye on the Yankees. Miguel Andujar would instantly become the face of the franchise.
                        Yanks want him the issue is they are offering Gary Sanchez which Miami wants none of. Andujar and more would get JT but no evidence they offered anything beside Sanchez

I could see them trading Sonny Gray to Cincy or Oak for stuff and even Stanton to LAD then trying for JT however

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                        getting kyle tucker and one of those SP prospects would be awesome.
                        Cleveland wants Tucker(SP) too while Arizona wants Whitley(Goldy)

Houston is the key team. They are talking trades with multiple teams as well as all over the FA OF Market.

If they sign Pollock I could see them trading Tucker to Clev or Miami

Comment

• Would be cool if they could figure out how to get nova too. Maybe JT and COnley for Tucker, James, and Nova.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                            Would be cool if they could figure out how to get nova too. Maybe JT and COnley for Tucker, James, and Nova.
                            They figured out how to get Nova until Jeff got cheap again and screwed the kid over.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              They figured out how to get Nova until Jeff got cheap again and screwed the kid over.
                              Huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                                Huh?
                                They had an agreement with Nova for a year. He failed a drug test and Jeff said instead of 2.5 million he will off like 750K. So Houston got him for 1.2 million instead

Comment

Working...
                                X