Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd be all about getting Gary Sanchez FWIW. I'd take Sanchez and a few prospects for JT. He's a huge bounceback candidate, known name, controlled for 4 years
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      getting kyle tucker and one of those SP prospects would be awesome.
      Yeah, regardless of how that turns out for Miami, it would be hard to be mad at that return. Tucker is one of the best prospects in baseball, and getting a good SP prospect as well is exactly the type of deal they should be getting. You'd have a glut of talent in the OF, but you figure that out later. It's a good problem to have.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
        Yeah, regardless of how that turns out for Miami, it would be hard to be mad at that return. Tucker is one of the best prospects in baseball, and getting a good SP prospect as well is exactly the type of deal they should be getting. You'd have a glut of talent in the OF, but you figure that out later. It's a good problem to have.
        ya that would be a fine problem to have. can either move some guys or deal from a position of strength for other holes in the organization. 3 of 4 of VV, Brinson, Tucker, and Monte in the OF sounds good to me.

Comment

ya that would be a fine problem to have. can either move some guys or deal from a position of strength for other holes in the organization. 3 of 4 of VV, Brinson, Tucker, and Monte in the OF sounds good to me.
          IF they do get Tucker I would suspect the eventual outfield would be Tucker, VVM, and Anderson. As of right now I don't see either Harrison or Brinson making any impact on the major league club. Heck I think I might give Pompey a better shot if they don't make a trade with the Astros.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
            IF they do get Tucker I would suspect the eventual outfield would be Tucker, VVM, and Anderson. As of right now I don't see either Harrison or Brinson making any impact on the major league club. Heck I think I might give Pompey a better shot if they don't make a trade with the Astros.
            Tucker does have his yellow flags. There ARE some Brinson similarities. Minor league numbers can be taken with a grain of salt. Like Brinson at Colorado Springs, Tucker played in extreme hitter environment at Fresno. Tucker's numbers were great but the entire Fresno team put up inflated results. When Brinson made his 2017 cameo with the Brewers, he failed to hit at all in sixty-some plate appearances. I believe that had a lot to do with the decision to move him. In seventy-plus plate appearances for Houston last season, Tucker barely hit a buck. His fielding was also a major disappointment. His Arizona Fall League results in '17 were also dismal. Just sayin' ... he'll only be 22 in 2018, but buyer beware. We're not looking at Juan Soto.
            Last edited by Lee Stone; 11-28-2018, 04:43 AM.

Comment

• "Minor league numbers can be taken with a grain of salt." -Lee Stone

we got him, guys
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                Doubtful. If they get Tucker it would be in 2020
                1B-Tucker OR Anderson(3B)
                LF-VV
                CF-Harrison
                RF-Brinson OR Tucker OR Anderson(3B)

4th OF-Brian Miller/Sierra

In other words too many guys for 5 spots(good problem to have). This is the reason why people think Miami will ultimately settle for Alvarez(1B) and more from Houston if they need to.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                I'd be all about getting Gary Sanchez FWIW. I'd take Sanchez and a few prospects for JT. He's a huge bounceback candidate, known name, controlled for 4 years
                I am in the same camp but Denbo seems to be cold on Sanchez. NYY has made a few offers(before they traded for Paxton) that were Sanchez/Justus/1 or 2 low level guys and Miami was like not even close.

If NYY trades Gray/Stanton for prospects I could see them get back in on JT however. 5 or 6 prospects(from NYY/LAD/Oak or Cincy) and Greg Bird(throw in) for JT and maybe Rojas

- - - - - - - - - -

The JT market will pick up when Ramos/Grandal sign. Good teams that need a C then will start to panic and up offers.

Miami is just laying the groundwork right now with the Winter Meetings gonna be the climax
                Last edited by tjfla; 11-28-2018, 06:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                  "Minor league numbers can be taken with a grain of salt." -Lee Stone

we got him, guys
                  Unbelievable. I almost spit out my coffee.

Comment

• - - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                    Doubtful. If they get Tucker it would be in 2020
                    1B-Tucker OR Anderson(3B)
                    LF-VV
                    CF-Harrison
                    RF-Brinson OR Tucker OR Anderson(3B)

4th OF-Brian Miller/Sierra

In other words too many guys for 5 spots(good problem to have). This is the reason why people think Miami will ultimately settle for Alvarez(1B) and more from Houston if they need to.
                    Im cool with either. Either would be a good strategy as Tucker doesnt necessarily fill a hole but is a phenomenal prospect.

Comment

- - - - - - - - - -

Im cool with either. Either would be a good strategy as Tucker doesnt necessarily fill a hole but is a phenomenal prospect.
                      Ya I would shoot for Tucker(like they are) because he is a better prospect but very possible Tucker ends up at 1B anyway for us. If u get Alvarez u can likely get 1 or 2 more prospects as well

Tucker/P/Stubbs or Stassi
                      Alvarez/P/P/Stubbs or Stassi/mid level prospect

Its same with LAD they are shooting for the moon(right now) but I would be cool with

Verdugo/May/Smith or Ruiz

If Hou or LAD miss out on a C-they could press alot harder on JT and offer stuff like this(what Miami wants)

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                        "Minor league numbers can be taken with a grain of salt." -Lee Stone

we got him, guys
                        Quote and post of the yr. lol

Comment

• The Astros are believed willing to include Kyle Tucker, who is the type of lefthanded hitter the Marlins like, but probably not top pitching prospect Forrest Whitley.

The issue with the Yankees’ talks apparently is that they still hold Gary Sanchez in high enough regard that they have resisted offering other top pieces in a package with Sanchez. The Marlins, who are run by ex-Yankee types (Derek Jeter, Gary Denbo) seem to like Sanchez as well but are hoping for a major package for Realmuto.

https://fancredsports.com/articles/j...all-showing-in
                          Very encouraging

Comment

• I also have a buddy who is an Astros fan, they are hearing on their end, the Marlins also want Myles Straw - https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.asp...20&position=OF

Mike Hill just can't quit Juan Pierre. He's fine as the last guy in a deal.

Comment

• i like straw but that doesnt give me much confidence that they still have much confidence in sierra. if they would just let sierra fucking develop theyd have their speedy 4th OF if they wanted it.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                                I also have a buddy who is an Astros fan, they are hearing on their end, the Marlins also want Myles Straw - https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.asp...20&position=OF

Mike Hill just can't quit Juan Pierre. He's fine as the last guy in a deal.
                                I don't see what purpose he'd serve..especially with Sierra, Miller, and Braxton Lee already in the system.

Comment

Working...
                                X