This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
    Unless the rules have changed you can only trade the picks one time. Once it's been traded it stays with that team.
    Ah didn't know that.

In any event, the Rays could trade pick #35 overall then, and keep #38 which is what they got.

Just saying, the Rays have so much inventory it's scary. It's what I hope for come August 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
      Ah didn't know that.

In any event, the Rays could trade pick #35 overall then, and keep #38 which is what they got.

Just saying, the Rays have so much inventory it's scary. It's what I hope for come August 2020.
      i didnt know that rule either, but the fact that they already have #35 makes that a big possibility. Its possible they wanted to trade the pick in a deal but didnt want to not have any draft pick that high, so they parted with another asset to acquire 38 in order to make it internally permissible for them to deal 35.

And ya, not only are the rays killing it with their farm system, but it seems like they are somehow also going all in for next year because they've had a damn good offseason. they'd be one of the few teams who might be able to acquire JT without feeling it too much in their system but also without having to extend JT. I could 100% see them biting the bullet and giving up what it takes to get JT and then just riding it out for 2 years until he becomes a free agent. They 100% have the prospect capital and proximity to contention in the next 2 years to where that kind of deal would be worth it to them without extending JT.

The rays model of player development should be what we are striving for moving forward in terms of evaluating our own talent and in terms of how to treat the draft, IFA, and MLB free agency. they are the epitome of how to successfully run a small market team.
      Last edited by fish16; 12-21-2018, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• So the Dodgers are getting Jeter Downs in the Reds deal.

Makes Lux/Downs (i.e. potential SS) more expendable in a theoretical Ruiz/Smith, May, and Lux/Downs trifecta for you know who

Comment

Interestingly, the Rays just acquired a competitive balance pick in the Profar deal. That's the kid of asset you kick to the Marlins as it doesn't impact any current depth.
          Can only trade a draft pick once however TB/Cincy/SD still have picks they can deal

Means TB can now put their pick in Miami deal to sweeten pot and still have a pick. TB deal pretty much revolves around Jesus Sanchez. If Sanchez is in the deal then Mia/TB can figure out the C/MIF/SP and the TB pick can be thrown in for a Straily or?

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by lou View Post
          So the Dodgers are getting Jeter Downs in the Reds deal.

Makes Lux/Downs (i.e. potential SS) more expendable in a theoretical Ruiz/Smith, May, and Lux/Downs trifecta for you know who
          Be interesting to see what LAD does. Looks like they are gonna go after Bryce Harper and IF they get him then go after JT OR Kluber. Still hear LAD won't include Bellinger OR Verdugo but maybe Miami goes for Ruiz/May/Jeter Downs/another player or 2? OR if they get Harper they will do Verdugo/Ruiz/May/Downs for JT and cheap arm?

No coincidence tho that LAD got Jeter Downs in a deal and Miami is very interested in him

Should mention the deal does NOT take Cincy out of a JT deal. They could offer Trammell/Greene OR India/C still and Miami would be interested

Comment

• C Hernandez and SS/2B Brujan would be TB trade targets for me, first and foremost. Add LHP McLanahan and versatile B. Lowe or Solak and you get a better deal than one with Sanchez IMO.

Comment

• Should be quiet few days on JT front

Houston/LAD/TB/Cincy/NYY and Atlanta all still in on him

Houston/Atlanta are favs with TB and LAD behind them. LAD depends on what they do with Kluber. They are dangling Verdugo so if they can't do a deal with Cleveland maybe JT? Verdugo/May/Jeter Downs and a C for JT and an arm would get done quickly if offered

Atlanta upped offer in past few days to include 2 SP but Miami is not in any rush as the offers seem to get better as time goes AND Grandal is still on the market

Cincy is NOT out of it but they would have to offer Senzel/Greene/India AND Trammell which they aren't into right now

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
              C Hernandez and SS/2B Brujan would be TB trade targets for me, first and foremost. Add LHP McLanahan and versatile B. Lowe or Solak and you get a better deal than one with Sanchez IMO.
              They are looking for that "headliner"

All deals with TB mentioned have been Jesus Sanchez then

C(Zunino? Perez? Hernandez?)
              SP(McLanahan? Liberatore? Baz? Who Knows?
              Brandon Lowe or maybe another ML Ready 2B(Solak/Arroyo)
              Draft Pick

I like Brujan alot but they seem to want that ML ready bat and he is 2 years away

Comment

• I like Brujan alot but they seem to want that ML ready bat and he is 2 years away

Exactly. Same for Hernandez. Marlins are a few years away and can acquire more talent if they are willing to wait on players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                  I like Brujan alot but they seem to want that ML ready bat and he is 2 years away

Exactly. Same for Hernandez. Marlins are a few years away and can acquire more talent if they are willing to wait on players.
                  I am with ya. If u look back 3 pages I said get Brujan but keep hearing Lowe/Solak/Arroyo(They prefer Brandon Lowe) and want a vet C.

I would do Sanchez/Liberatore/Hernandez/Brujan/Pick for JT and a arm(Straily/Conley) if I was Miami

Have Rogers/Garrett/Liberatore/Cabrera Rotation in Jupiter by July. Keep Sanchez,Hernandez and Brujan in Jax then AFL next offseason. Pick gets u another 2 million to spend in the draft. Draft Langeliers at #4 and move him up to Jupiter to C
                  Last edited by tjfla; 12-23-2018, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• There we go! Let's just get her done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                      There we go! Let's just get her done.
                      No rush. The goal is to add as much talent as possible before 2020. Honestly we could see 10+ guys added to our Top 30 list by August 1-JT trade/Straily and RP trades/Castro trade/FA rental trades(they want Jon Jay type and vet RP or 2-Bud Norris already mentioned) Plus we should have 3 of Top 45 Picks in draft

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                        No rush. The goal is to add as much talent as possible before 2020. Honestly we could see 10+ guys added to our Top 30 list by August 1-JT trade/Straily and RP trades/Castro trade/FA rental trades(they want Jon Jay type and vet RP or 2-Bud Norris already mentioned) Plus we should have 3 of Top 45 Picks in draft
                        Well considering Alcantara, Cooper, Quijada, and Ferrell are locks to get off the top 30 from graduations, plus outside chances for Merandy, Diaz, Neidert, and Gallen if things cut right for them, and the bottom five guys on the FG top 30 are FV35+ practical non-prospects, you sure as hell hope there is a 10 player turnover of the top 30 list as all you need to do is get ten FV40 guys. That's a really low floor. Something has gone really wrong if that doesn't happen with:

Picks # 4, 35, 44, and #82 in the draft
                        Probably at least 2-4 MiLB assets for Realmuto
                        another few guys for Steckenrider/Conley/Straily/Castro/etc., and
                        new IFA acquisitions.

Semantics, but still. Just get a good deal for Realmuto. That's all that matters right now and start signing the 1 year types to fill out the team to get to the trade deadline.

Comment

Semantics, but still. Just get a good deal for Realmuto. That's all that matters right now and start signing the 1 year types to fill out the team to get to the trade deadline.
                          I hope they do get a good deal for Realmuto but just based on last year eventually I see them settling. As much as they keep saying they need minor league depth you think they would be all about signing a few vets to major and minor league deals but they don't appear to be too interested other then getting a closer. There are more then a few guys they can DFA to make room and have these guys til the deadline to trade for depth or more if they perform well. They don't seem to want to spend any money. Isn't Maybin the only guy they have actually signed thus far as owners?

Comment

Well considering Alcantara, Cooper, Quijada, and Ferrell are locks to get off the top 30 from graduations, plus outside chances for Merandy, Diaz, Neidert, and Gallen if things cut right for them, and the bottom five guys on the FG top 30 are FV35+ practical non-prospects, you sure as hell hope there is a 10 player turnover of the top 30 list as all you need to do is get ten FV40 guys. That's a really low floor. Something has gone really wrong if that doesn't happen with:

Picks # 4, 35, 44, and #82 in the draft
                            Probably at least 2-4 MiLB assets for Realmuto
                            another few guys for Steckenrider/Conley/Straily/Castro/etc., and
                            new IFA acquisitions.

Picks aren't set yet(other than 4)but I could see us 5 or 6 guys in Top 30 especially if Denbo goes with BPA again
                            The IFA/Cuban guys are gonna be interesting. Other than Puason(Oakland) no mentions of others yet but we have 5 million to spend

Comment

• Why is this team so against 1-year deals since Jeter took over? Not 1 in two offseasons even though they’re apparently interested in a reliever.

Comment

• So against 1 year deals? They signed Maybin LY and were trying on 2 or 3 others

They would love to sign 2 or 3 vets to 1 year deals but the problem is where do they play them? If vets sign 1 year deal they wanna play not sit on the bench for a bad team OR wanna play for a contender. Plus if u wait till Feb/March guys will sign for cheap

Still are looking at a left handed OF(Jon Jay) who can play all 3 spots that they can trade at the deadline and 2 RP(Bud Smith mentioned) who they can move. They already signed Holaday to be the Backup C and Pedro Alvarez to be 1B/OF lefty bat

People hate hearing this but next year means NOTHING again. Denbo wants guys who are ready for 2020,Top 5 Pick in 2020 Draft,spend the IFA Cash they got and Mattingly is keeping seat warm for Trey Hillman(Likely)

- - - - - - - - - -

Roster as of Now

C-?/Holaday
                                1B-O'Brien/Alvarez/Cooper(OF)
                                2B-Castro
                                SS-Riddle/Rojas(UT)
                                3B-Prado
                                LF-Dean
                                CF-Brinson/Sierra
                                RF-BA

SP
                                Urena
                                Chen
                                Straily
                                Richards
                                Pablo

RP
                                Conley
                                Witt
                                Steck
                                Guerrero
                                Ferrell
                                Jarlin

AAA-Alcantara

60 Day-Caleb Smith/Julian Fernandez

- - - - - - - - - -

1 spot open(RP) and C spot(2 total)
                                Sign Jon Jay and Sierra goes to AAA

Could trade Straily,Urena,Conley and replace them easily

Comment

Working...
                                X