Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quite to the contrary, teams learn a great deal about a pitcher by facing him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
      Kind of surprised that no teams are reported to be sniffing out Urena or Straily additions. Urena gave up no runs vs Tampa Bay last July 4. Pairing Urena with Realmuto might open the door to a five prospect grab from the Rays.
      Teams are but most would rather have Kluber or Keuchel than Urena or Straily. I could see 1 of them in a deal with LAD/TB/SD with JT

Some interesting talk that SD might be making a big play for JT. They are trying to Kluber for Margot,Hedges and arm or 2 then jump onto JT to replace Hedges. JT market is still very strong with Hou/TB/LAD/Atlanta/Cincy and SD in
      Last edited by tjfla; 12-27-2018, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Jon Morosi
        ‏Verified account @jonmorosi

Sources: #Padres have continued talks with #Marlins on possible J.T. Realmuto trade. If they are successful, Padres could move Austin Hedges in a deal for pitching. @MLBNetwork @MLB

Actually have made progress which is why they are dangling Hedges for Kluber OR Stroman. NOT close to done but they are serious players now

Possible 3 ways with Mia/SD/Clev OR Toronto. "Serious" are Hou/TB/SD/LAD with Cincy and Atlanta maybe and NYY around too

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
        I dont care at all, just noting that it feels similar and i wouldnt be surprised to see a deal come out of nowhere from a team no one was talking about.
        Doubtful for JT. They have 4 teams they love and 2 others they would be fine doing deals with. Once the 4 teams sign FA and make trades for SP the JT market will be clear. LAD and SD are trying to get a big name SP too

If SD can do Margot,Hedges,Paddack or another SP for Kluber I wouldnt be surprised to see SD trying very hard with a Urias and more for JT offer
        Last edited by tjfla; 12-27-2018, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• While the Padres have a highly regarded system, I don't like that hook-up for the Marlins. Urias is a solid infielder, but unspectacular. Other than that, I don't care much about their position prospects at all. San Diego shouldn't consider trading Paddack for anybody.

Comment

While the Padres have a highly regarded system, I don't like that hook-up for the Marlins. Urias is a solid infielder, but unspectacular. Other than that, I don't care much about their position prospects at all. San Diego shouldn't consider trading Paddack for anybody.
            So true SD has no solid 25 yr olds in AA. Urias is ML Ready SS,Morejon/Paddack/Allen/Patino/Quantrill/Weathers ALL solid SP Prospects,Ornelas/Ruiz/Edwards/Arias/Rosario ALL young guys who looked solid in minors. Then lottery tickets in Munoz(101 FB-19 yr old RP in AA),Campusano(C),Potts(3b),Austin Allen(C).Mejia

Great system with young guys who looked solid against much older competition

Give me
            Urias(SS)
            Morejon(SP)
            Ruiz or Edwards(MIF)
            Munoz(RP) OR draft pick
            1 of their C-Campusano/Austin Allen

So much stuff its crazy-just like TB
            Last edited by tjfla; 12-27-2018, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Give me Mejia, Urias, and then one of the SP prospects.

- - - - - - - - - -

Id love to do Mejia, Urias, SP prospect, and then take a flier and buy low on Espinosa and add whatever secondary piece the Padres would want like Straily, conley, Steckenrider,

Comment

• I've concluded that the San Diego interest (reportedly) centers on their desire to correct their Mejia acquistion error. As Cleveland did, they may have determined that he won't cut it as a catcher. Here's hoping that Miami doesn't bail them out.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  So true SD has no solid 25 yr olds in AA. Urias is ML Ready SS,Morejon/Paddack/Allen/Patino/Quantrill/Weathers ALL solid SP Prospects,Ornelas/Ruiz/Edwards/Arias/Rosario ALL young guys who looked solid in minors. Then lottery tickets in Munoz(101 FB-19 yr old RP in AA),Campusano(C),Potts(3b),Austin Allen(C).Mejia

Great system with young guys who looked solid against much older competition

Give me
                  Urias(SS)
                  Morejon(SP)
                  Ruiz or Edwards(MIF)
                  Munoz(RP) OR draft pick
                  1 of their C-Campusano/Austin Allen

So much stuff its crazy-just like TB
                  That deal is a little heavy for the Marlins on theoretical surplus value but not bad, but fish16's Urias/Mejia/one of the (presumably good) SP is insanely overvaluing Realmuto. They'd literally have to include Steckenrider, Conley, and Urena for those 3+, and SD doesn't need the relievers. SD has the arms. I don't see it.

I also agree with Lee here, if Cleveland and San Diego are both apparently bailing on Mejia as a C, he's probably a 1B/3B/LF. Cleveland needs a catcher badly, and SD has Mejia and wants Realmuto which speaks volumes. That's fine as his bat plays everywhere likely, but not sure that's the best fit for the Marlins. Interesting for SD if they can play Realmuto 125+ behind the plate, and give Mejia the rest of the starts and play somewhere in the field the rest of the time. They wouldn't have to carry a backup catcher which is huge. Mejia is really interesting as a 100 game 1B/3B/LF/DH and 40 game C.

I don't think it makes sense for San Diego to offer any of Tatis/Gore/Urias/Mejia in a deal also.

I would think they would offer:

1A - Paddack/Baez (pick one of the big righties, Patino is only 6 feet so he's out. Can't see them taking two smaller pitchers as Morejon is smaller. Quantrill is a tick below)
                  1B - Morejon (Cuban and lefty, obvious. Has # 2 potential so it works for sure)
                  3 - Edwards/Arias (their next best SS, who is at least Devers/Osiris level which is solid. Edwards was 38th overall pick last year and they don't need at all)
                  4 - Naylor/Ruiz/Campusano/Allen (pick a flyer infield prospect outside their top 15/20. Unfortunately for use, Naylor became interesting last year)

That's two arms likely in top 40-80 overall baseball prospects, and two solid hitting prospects that would be around Osiris/Banfield/Pompey/Devers in value. That would be a really solid return for Realmuto.

If they did offer one of the bigger guys, I think Tatis/Gore are still off the table, and it would be something like:

Urias/Mejia
                  Patino/Allen/Quantrill (i.e., a still good 80-130 range overall prospect, but not Paddack/Morejon/Baez level of upside)
                  And then two of those same bat prospects

I think I'd prefer the pitchers in all honesty. I'd be pretty happy if the 2021 rotation is Paddack/Baez, Morejon, Urena, Neidert, and god willingly Alcantara/E.Cabrera/Guzman, but if not a fall back of Pablo/Gallen/Yamamoto/Ca. Smith/Richards/whoever. The staff would fill itself out, and Rogers and Garret are still in AA at this point to replace Urena in 2022.

Anyways, looking forward to this being over so we can bitch about Alvarez and O'Brien at 1B opening day, with Cooper in LF, and Holaday somehow still on the roster. Happy holidays.

Comment

While the Padres have a highly regarded system, I don't like that hook-up for the Marlins. Urias is a solid infielder, but unspectacular. Other than that, I don't care much about their position prospects at all. San Diego shouldn't consider trading Paddack for anybody.
                    Yeah their farm system isn't good enough. It's only the best one.

Comment

I've concluded that the San Diego interest (reportedly) centers on their desire to correct their Mejia acquistion error. As Cleveland did, they may have determined that he won't cut it as a catcher. Here's hoping that Miami doesn't bail them out.
                      They got Mejia for (expensive) relievers, it's hard to say that's an error in any scenario. He's still a top 50 prospect as a corner player, just not top 25 as a catcher. He's hit the shit out of the ball every year besides 2015. He just hit like .300/.340/.500 (eyeball roundball) in AAA at 22 years old in over 450 PA.

Anyways, as mentioned above, he's really interesting as a 100 game 1B/3B/LF/DH and 40 game catcher. If he eliminates the need for a backup catcher, they can carry someone else and really have some roster flexibility. They may be ahead of the times here (why Smith on LAD may make sense as he can play the field FWIW).

Comment

• fish16 overvalued a Marlins player?!?! No. I refuse to believe that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                          fish16 overvalued a Marlins player?!?! No. I refuse to believe that.
                          Namaste wasted yet another post with useless off topic snarkiness without actually adding anything to a discussion? No. I refuse to believe that.

- - - - - - - - - -

I also have no idea what you’re even referring to

- - - - - - - - - -

Oh I see it now. I was saying what I’d ask for, not what we’d realistically get. It will likely end up being just Uriah’s and one of those sp’s And then lower level guys
                          Last edited by fish16; 12-28-2018, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• My current favorite (and realistic) Realmuto deals:

To LAD with Castro and five million for C WSmith, ss/2b Lux and rhp May

To TBR for C Hernandez, IF/OF Lowe, and 2b Brujan/or McLanahan and Solak
                            Last edited by Lee Stone; 12-29-2018, 03:33 AM.

Comment

• USA Today wrote a fan-fiction fake news style article about the possibility of Bryce joining the Marlins - https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...cy/2431226002/

WTF

- - - - - - - - - -

It's not like Manny grew up in Hialeah or anything

Comment

• The Angels signed Lucroy to a one year deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X