Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wei-Yin Chen is another guy who sucks 3rd time through the order. I wish we’d stop being so old-school with the pitching staff. They’d be more effective in shorter roles.

Comment

• god i hope its not carlos gonzalez for the of spot. would be a terrible move. career .974 ops at home and .728 on the road in a substantial sample size. give me anyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
        god i hope its not carlos gonzalez for the of spot. would be a terrible move. career .974 ops at home and .728 on the road in a substantial sample size. give me anyone else.
        I wouldn’t mind a Granderson/Dean platoon and a CarGo/Prado platoon as a short-term solution.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
          The idea for me is to let him get those 20+ saves until July so they don't impact Steckenrider and Conley's arbitration numbers. While they probably trade those two before July 31, 2020, they do have years of control so might as well keep them cheaper. Doesn't hurt trade value either.

Richards as an opener though to throw until the Marlins need a pinch hitter is a great idea. I'm down for him starting 45-50 games in this capacity. Protecting the average at best starters they have from 1 time through middle of the order is a good thing.

- - - - - - - - - -

Urena is actually really fucking good until the third time through the order - http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/split...107/jose-urena (scroll down it's basically a .650 OPS first two times through, then jumps to .850 third time).

They really do have the personnel for this with all the relievers. Hopefully they saw Tampa last year.
          We aren't doing "openers". Romo is gonna be the closer till Trade Deadline when they flip him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
            I wouldn’t mind a Granderson/Dean platoon and a CarGo/Prado platoon as a short-term solution.
            a cargo/prado platoon sounds absolutely horrific. cargo isnt good. he is the definition of a guy whose career has been exceedingly better than it would have been had he not played in coors

Comment

• 3 Spots "Open" are

Backup C-Holaday/Wallach/Maldonado(If he will take Invite Only Deal)
              OF(Can play CF)-Herrera/Sierra/?(Trade/FA/DFA?)
              LR(2 inning+)-Noesi/Elieser/Brice/FA

They really need to trade Straily for an 4th OF type(who can play CF) and a RP with options. Straily to Houston for Marisnick OR Tony Kemp and rights to Riley Ferrell makes too much sense for BOTH teams(so will never happen)

Opens up a rotation spot for Sandy and gives 2 things we need

Again remember we have the #1 NL Waiver Claim Spot. Could easily add 2 or 3 guys with talent which is why they aren't looking to add ML deals if possible
              Last edited by tjfla; 02-13-2019, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                a cargo/prado platoon sounds absolutely horrific. cargo isnt good. he is the definition of a guy whose career has been exceedingly better than it would have been had he not played in coors

CarGo has been an above average hitter against right-handed pitching in his career. This team is going to be horrific, so who cares? He’s better than what we currently have.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                3 Spots "Open" are

Backup C-Holaday/Wallach/Maldonado(If he will take Invite Only Deal)
                OF(Can play CF)-Herrera/Sierra/?(Trade/FA/DFA?)
                LR(2 inning+)-Noesi/Elieser/Brice/FA

They really need to trade Straily for an 4th OF type(who can play CF) and a RP with options. Straily to Houston for Marisnick OR Tony Kemp and rights to Riley Ferrell makes too much sense for BOTH teams(so will never happen)

Opens up a rotation spot for Sandy and gives 2 things we need

Again remember we have the #1 NL Waiver Claim Spot. Could easily add 2 or 3 guys with talent which is why they aren't looking to add ML deals if possible
                Don’t we already have Riley Ferrell?

Comment

• Joe Frisaro

Verified account

@JoeFrisaro
                  Following Following @JoeFrisaro
                  More
                  Spring Training has arrived for the #Marlins Pitchers/catchers work out at 1 pm, weather permitting, @RDCstadium Yesterday, Miami added reliever Sergio Romo. I still think they will add another player in the upcoming days. Don’t know yet who. One guess is Carlos Gonzalez.

3:53 AM - 13 Feb 2019

Comment

• I would sign

Maldonado(Invite Only)
                    CarGo(ML Deal)
                    Bud Norris or Adam Warren(ML Deal)
                    AJ/2 or 3 RP(Invite Only)

Trade Straily for 1 or 2 prospects(Not on 40 man)
                    60 Day-Fernandez and Caleb Smith

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                    Joe Frisaro

Verified account

@JoeFrisaro
                    Following Following @JoeFrisaro
                    More
                    Spring Training has arrived for the #Marlins Pitchers/catchers work out at 1 pm, weather permitting, @RDCstadium Yesterday, Miami added reliever Sergio Romo. I still think they will add another player in the upcoming days. Don’t know yet who. One guess is Carlos Gonzalez.

3:53 AM - 13 Feb 2019
                    Yep hearing same thing. Coming down to $$ likely 1/2.5-5 with incentives

He would be our RF

- - - - - - - - - -

The "delay" on Warren/Bud Norris is they BOTH want more than 1 year deals. FO only wants to do 1 year deals at this point which is why they jumped all over Romo. Still possible they do something with either of them however
                    Last edited by tjfla; 02-13-2019, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      I would sign

Maldonado(Invite Only)
                      CarGo(ML Deal)
                      Bud Smith or Adam Warren(ML Deal)

- - - - - - - - - -

He would be our RF
                      Yeah, he would make a ton of sense on a 1 year deal for both sides. CarGo would get plenty of at bats on this team. They have the money to spend and could certainly use another power bat. I get that the team will lose a lot of games this year, but the strength is the young starting pitching. You can't have them going out there and getting zero support every game.

Comment

• Trade chips at deadline

Romo
                        Grandy
                        Walker
                        Castro(with cash to pay buyout)
                        Prado(with cash)
                        Straily
                        Conley
                        Rojas

They are NOT gonna be looking for crazy packages either. Its gonna be like LY deals low level prospect they like and IFA cash. Conley and Castro likely bring the "most"

Comment

I would sign

Maldonado(Invite Only)
                          CarGo(ML Deal)

- - - - - - - - - -

He would be our RF

- - - - - - - - - -

The "delay" on Warren/Bud Smith is they BOTH want more than 1 year deals. FO only wants to do 1 year deals at this point which is why they jumped all over Romo. Still possible they do something with either of them however
                          I wouldn't go more than 1 year on anyone right now either...certainly not a reliever. The only player left (besides Machado) that I'd consider a multi-year deal for right now is Marwin Gonzalez. He could play SS or 1st since they don't have a long-term guy at either position.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                            I wouldn't go more than 1 year on anyone right now either...certainly not a reliever. The only player left (besides Machado) that I'd consider a multi-year deal for right now is Marwin Gonzalez. He could play SS or 1st since they don't have a long-term guy at either position.
                            If u can get them for 2/5 I would be fine with 2 yrs on a RP but anymore than that and I agree wit u

Comment

Trade chips at deadline

Romo
                              Grandy
                              Walker
                              Castro(with cash to pay buyout)
                              Prado(with cash)
                              Straily
                              Conley
                              Rojas

They are NOT gonna be looking for crazy packages either. Its gonna be like LY deals low level prospect they like and IFA cash. Conley and Castro likely bring the "most"
                              I feel like if he has a strong 1st half out of the pen, Conley will have a ton of trade value.

Comment

I would sign

Maldonado(Invite Only)
                                CarGo(ML Deal)

- - - - - - - - - -

He would be our RF

- - - - - - - - - -

The "delay" on Warren/Bud Smith is they BOTH want more than 1 year deals. FO only wants to do 1 year deals at this point which is why they jumped all over Romo. Still possible they do something with either of them however
                                Bud Smith?

Comment

Working...
                                X