Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivera and Graves have been outrighted to AAA. Roster is at 38 for Rule 5 draft.

Comment

• Id do Urias, hedges, paddack, and another lower guy. But shoot for Urias and Mejia. That would be awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
        Rivera and Graves have been outrighted to AAA. Roster is at 38 for Rule 5 draft.
        How does Galloway keep surviving??

Still don't understand the Brett Graves situation but nice to have him in the system

Makes sense. UT battle in ST will be Rivera/Marrero/Machado/Rule 5 Guy

Rule 5 "Update". Miami is supposedly looking at SS/UT,RP and 1B in it and are likely to take 2 guys. Jacob Gatewood in Rd 2 if he is there

Gonna be very active in minor league part like usual

Comment

• i think they tried to not DFA graves until around time of rule 5 when teams less likely to claim him.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            OR Nimmo/Lagares and tons of prospects(4 or 5 prospects)
            This, in my opinion, would be the Marlins absolutely fucking up the JT trade in the worst way.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              Id do Urias, hedges, paddack, and another lower guy. But shoot for Urias and Mejia. That would be awesome.
              They got tons of options

Headliner-Urias
              C-Hedges,Mejia,Campusano
              SP-Paddack,Morejon,Logan Allen,Patino,Weathers
              Mid level MIF-Ruiz,Xavier Edwards,Arias,
              Mid level arms-Quantrill,Munoz,Lawson,

Comment

i think they tried to not DFA graves until around time of rule 5 when teams less likely to claim him.
                I can agree with this, but this doesn't explain carrying him for half the season. Bejesus. At least Rivera is gone.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                This, in my opinion, would be the Marlins absolutely fucking up the JT trade in the worst way.
                If it's Nimmo, Gimenez, Alonso/Petersen, Nido, and Lagares, and the Marlins are shipping out say JT and Wittgren, are you mad?

Comment

i think they tried to not DFA graves until around time of rule 5 when teams less likely to claim him.
                  Ya I get that what I am saying is its not like he is some 22 yr old arm. He is 26 and probably will never see a ML roster again-u can sign minor league FA who are better

Rivera is gone for now. He can always win the UT job if they don't take a Rule 5 guy

Comment

Ya I get that what I am saying is its not like he is some 22 yr old arm. He is 26 and probably will never see a ML roster again-u can sign minor league FA who are better

Rivera is gone for now. He can always win the UT job if they don't take a Rule 5 guy
                    MLBPA should love the Marlins for getting all of these guys their pensions

Comment

• They are both good AAA depth guys but thats about it

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                        If it's Nimmo, Gimenez, Alonso/Petersen, Nido, and Lagares, and the Marlins are shipping out say JT and Wittgren, are you mad?
                        No.

I assumed us getting 4 or 5 prospects back meant no Gimenez in that deal. I think Nimmo will be half as good as he was last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                          No.

I assumed us getting 4 or 5 prospects back meant no Gimenez in that deal. I think Nimmo will be half as good as he was last year.
                          No I meant 4 or 5 prospects as in

Gimenez/Peterson/Nido/mid level prospect and low level(for taking Lagares) plus Lagares and Nimmo

What Miami really wants is this

NYM-JT/Rojas
                          Miami-Rosario/Nimmo/Peterson/Nido

OR

NYM-JT
                          NYY-Whatever
                          Miami-Andujar/Nimmo OR Frazier/Prospects from NYY and NYM
                          Last edited by tjfla; 12-11-2018, 12:52 PM.

Comment

If NYM dont get shit together fast Miami will be moving there quickly

SD-JT/Straily
                            Mia-Urias/Mejia/SP/mid level prospect or 2

Miami has other options its just they would like to get Andujar or Rosario
                            That deal looks better than what the Mets can do unless it's the crazy package you and Lou were talking about before. That Padres haul is pretty nice.

Comment

• I know 1 thing. Denbo is getting frustrated-he was hoping to have something close by now and is still waiting on the NYM which is why SD is starting to get mentions from national people. Miami leaking stuff trying to get NYM to do something

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                              That deal looks better than what the Mets can do unless it's the crazy package you and Lou were talking about before. That Padres haul is pretty nice.
                              Well thats what we want. No guarantee thats what SD would pay

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                                No.

We're on the same page. I think all of this is skeptical at best without a longterm SS (or C or ace SP).

I also think Nimmo is half as good, but that's a solid Brian Anderson level starter which is pretty good combined with C/SS/Ace.

We'll see.

Comment

Working...
                                X