Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like JT is PROBABLY down to 3 teams. NYM/SD/LAD. Minnesota wants in too but not likely

SD and LAD jumped in when price came down and likely deal is done today

They are talking 3 way still with NYM/NYY but doubtful.

Going to be very fluid thru the day and teams COULD jump in but Miami is concentrating on those 3

- - - - - - - - - -

lou was right!!! NYM are trying to send us Lagares in any deal. He has a 500K buyout for 2020 and makes 9 million for 2019

Comment

• paddack involved in a deal would be both awesome and incredibly annoying. Urias as centerpiece SS of future, Hedges just a C filler for us, and whichever combination of pitchers. They have like 8 of them so no use trying to predict

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
        Speaking of lucroy, he'd be at the top of my list of good free agent signings should we trade JT and not get a C back in the deal. Minimal risk and high potential reward
        I like this idea too.

Comment

• Or maybe try to get Urias, Mejia, and whichever one of their pitchers with a high ceiling instead of higher floor. thats probably pushing it though.

- - - - - - - - - -

Could see Xavier edwards too given how much we were reportedly interested in him last draft. Padres have trade recent high draft picks quickly before with Trea turner but i cant remember if preller was there at that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            paddack involved in a deal would be both awesome and incredibly annoying. Urias as centerpiece SS of future, Hedges just a C filler for us, and whichever combination of pitchers. They have like 8 of them so no use trying to predict
            NYM/SD/Miami talking 3 way too actually

NYM-JT
            SD-Thor
            Miami-Lagares and stuff from BOTH

NYM want us to take Lagares and we are willing to and NYM are trying to do whatever they can to get JT

Miami is talking 2 3 way deals involving NYM and talking to NYM,SD,LAD

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              Looks like JT is PROBABLY down to 3 teams. NYM/SD/LAD. Minnesota wants in too but not likely

SD and LAD jumped in when price came down and likely deal is done today

They are talking 3 way still with NYM/NYY but doubtful.

Going to be very fluid thru the day and teams COULD jump in but Miami is concentrating on those 3

- - - - - - - - - -

lou was right!!! NYM are trying to send us Lagares in any deal. He has a 500K buyout for 2020 and makes 9 million for 2019
              Yes, they need to clear money. This isn't rocket science.

This totally works:

Yankees - Syndergaard, Rojas, Conley, D'Arnaud

Mets - Realmuto, S. Gray, Wittgren; NYY FV45 close to ready RP prospect

Marlins - Andujar/Nimmo (Mets keeping other); Gimenez; Alonso/Loaisiga or other NYY P/Petersen(Mets keeping other 2); Nido; Lagares; NYY FV50/45 P prospect years away

Comment

• Yep then NYM sign Pollock and NYY sign Machado

Ill take Deivi Garcia from NYY as other NYY SP. 20 in AA but very small

Comment

Yep then NYM sign Pollock and NYY sign Machado

Ill take Deivi Garcia from NYY as other NYY SP. 20 in AA but very small
                  That's the key. The Mets and Yankees need to know they can get the free agents for it to make sense.

Which I suspect they have a number already if they are each crazy enough to consider trading Syndergaard and presumably at least one of Andujar/Gleyber/G. Sanchez and 2-3 other good prospects.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                    That's the key. The Mets and Yankees need to know they can get the free agents for it to make sense.

Which I suspect they have a number already if they are each crazy enough to consider trading Syndergaard and presumably at least one of Andujar/Gleyber/G. Sanchez and 2-3 other good prospects.
                    Yep. I am guessing NYM already have the Pollock # since they are now saying Lagares has to be in any deal(9 million would go to him) and Andujar all of a sudden became expendable after NYY talked with Machado

The craziest thing is NYM would rather keep Rosario and trade Thor to get JT

I just wanna know what Miami is getting in any deal. Only name I have heard was Lagares(as a throw in) which will probably get Miami another prospect

- - - - - - - - - -

Andy Martino
                    ‏Verified account @martinonyc

Source: The Yankees are interested in Mets pitching, not necessarily limited to Syndergaard

Comment

Yep. I am guessing NYM already have the Pollock # since they are now saying Lagares has to be in any deal(9 million would go to him) and Andujar all of a sudden became expendable after NYY talked with Machado

The craziest thing is NYM would rather keep Rosario and trade Thor to get JT

I just wanna know what Miami is getting in any deal. Only name I have heard was Lagares(as a throw in) which will probably get Miami another prospect

- - - - - - - - - -

Andy Martino
                      ‏Verified account @martinonyc

Source: The Yankees are interested in Mets pitching, not necessarily limited to Syndergaard
                      I don't know, Syndergaard gets hurt a lot. It could be brilliant for them to get out of a depreciating, expensive asset and turn it into the best catcher in baseball.

Rosario isn't a slouch. He's very young. He could explode. I get it.

If their only skin in the game is Syndergaard, Gimenez, Nido, Lagares, and D'Arnaud, and at minimum Realmuto, S. Gray, and RP help is coming back, along with presumably something else or signing Pollock, I think that's a pretty sound move (assuming Realmuto is extended for 5).

Comment

• Straight up, who is more valuable, Syndegaard or Realmuto? Three years to two, but a worse health record for the pitcher. In '18, a relatively complete season in Syndegaard terms, his WAR was less than Realmuto. I don't think he merits any add on beyond JT. I figure Andujar and a pitching prospect (I like the same guy as tfla (Garcia)isn't bad from NY, but I'd like the catcher Seigler. To me, Andujar is very Juan Sotoish.
                        Last edited by Lee Stone; 12-11-2018, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                          Straight up, who is more valuable, Syndegaard or Realmuto? Three years to two, but a worse health record for the pitcher. In '18, a relatively complete season in Syndegaard terms, his WAR was less than Realmuto. I don't think he merits any add on beyond JT. I figure Andujar and a pitching prospect (I like the same guy as tfla (Garcia)isn't bad from NY, but I'd like the catcher Seigler. To me, Andujar is very Juan Sotoish.
                          Andujar is likely 1B only long term

We got a Catcher who is better than Seigler in Will Banfield. No point in getting him

- - - - - - - - - -

I am waiting for LAD and NYM to miss out on JT because they refuse to offer enough and try to go to WS with Martin Maldonado and Lucroy. The same fans who are bitching about trading for JT will then bitch about not trading for him

- - - - - - - - - -

and here is the confirmation

Ken Rosenthal
                          ‏Verified account @Ken_Rosenthal

Name to watch with #Yankees: Miguel Andújar. Rival execs tell me and @ByRobertMurray NYY open to moving him. Would make sense as #Marlins’ ask for Realmuto; MIA wants established young MLB player as headliner. Also would line up with NYY pursuit of Machado. Torres could play SS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                            Straight up, who is more valuable, Syndegaard or Realmuto? Three years to two, but a worse health record for the pitcher. In '18, a relatively complete season in Syndegaard terms, his WAR was less than Realmuto. I don't think he merits any add on beyond JT. I figure Andujar and a pitching prospect (I like the same guy as tfla (Garcia)isn't bad from NY, but I'd like the catcher Seigler. To me, Andujar is very Juan Sotoish.
                            Syndergaard because he has a third year of control, but it's not by a lot given the health issues you mentioned, plus Realmuto is cheaper AND you can extend him for cheaper than Noah.

Hypothetically, it is not an insulting 1-1, although the Marlins would probably need to kick in a Rojas or Wittgren, maybe Conley, but that doesn't move the needle much.

Andujar would be a fine get. Maybe his defense at 1B versus 3B ticks him up a little. It's screaming Machado for the Yankees.

I can totally live with Andujar and Gimenez as the main two pieces to round out the infield positions.

Comment

• NYM-JT/Sonny Gray/RP
                              NYY-Thor OR NYM SP/Rojas/d'Arnaud
                              Mia-Andujar/Frazier OR Nimmo/Lagares and tons of prospects(4 or 5 prospects)

Deal works for ALL 3 team and then Miami can either keep the OF or flip them for more prospects

DFA Issac Galloway and Chad Wallach opens up 2 spots for Rule 5 Draft
                              Last edited by tjfla; 12-11-2018, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Ken Rosenthal
                                ‏Verified account @Ken_Rosenthal

Name to watch with #Yankees: Miguel Andújar. Rival execs tell me and @ByRobertMurray NYY open to moving him. Would make sense as #Marlins’ ask for Realmuto; MIA wants established young MLB player as headliner. Also would line up with NYY pursuit of Machado. Torres could play SS.
                                Yep, this wasn't a tough one to sniff out.

Comment

Working...
                                X