This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    #1 Mattingly would never take Puig and LAD has told Miami multiple times the price is too high. This could change once FA sign but right now they keep balking

Who cares what Don Mattingly wants?

It’s all about, what’s best for the year 2021.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      Who cares what Don Mattingly wants?

It’s all about, what’s best for the year 2021.
      This. I doubt Mattingly is even around by then. At least i hope not. They blew the chance to buy low on puig 2 years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        Milwaukee/Clev are talking a OF for SP swap

If we get Nimmo dont be surprised if he is Atlanta for 2 prospects
        A 3 team trade all within a division would be so weird. When was the last time that happened? I'm obviously not against it, it would just be interesting.

Comment

• Just given the sheer amount of teams interested in JT i find it unlikely that they end up getting a guy and then flipping him to complete the JT return. Generally you only do that if there is a limited market for a guy. They'll likely be able to find a package they like from just 1 team.

Comment

• Mets guys are reporting that NYM are still split on Rosario. NYM deal pretty much comes down to this

They will trade Rosario and JT to NYM
            They won't trade Rosario and Mets are OUT on JT

Comment

• I get that he's a very high ceiling guy but if youre the mets and you can manage to just trade rosario and prospects for the best catcher in baseball how do they not do it if the other ss prospect they have might be just as good.

Comment

• Urias, Morejon, Mejia and another guy for JT. I’d focus on Padres
                "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                  Urias, Morejon, Mejia and another guy for JT. I’d focus on Padres
                  Morosi confirmed they are in on him and aggressive

Mia-Urias/1 SP(Morejon,Gore,Paddack,Logan Allen)/Mejia OR Hedges/Mid Level Prospect(Esteury Ruiz,Xavier Edwards,Andres Munoz,Austin Allen)
                  SD-JT and if needed Straily or something else

I would focus on SD and TB myself. Still no confirmation if NYM offered Rosario

SD and NYY are talking trade(Gray) so u know they will take 2 guys that we wanted HAHA

- - - - - - - - - -

Winter Meetings open like in 2 hrs so its gonna be busy with trades/FA and talk for next 3 days

Thursday is Rule 5 and Marlins have a FULL 40 man right now so expect a trade or DFA by Thursday

Comment

• damn almost any offer from the padres can be great, address our biggest organizational needs, and deep too. Urias if he can stick at SS would be a great centerpiece for JT. I wonder if they would want to deal Mejia to us or maybe move him somewhere else long term or just deal him later. Urias, 2 of their SP guys, and maybe a catcher if they have one that makes sense.

- - - - - - - - - -

Wonder if theres any chance they do tatis for JT straight up. I would definitely think about it from the marlins perspective.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                      damn almost any offer from the padres can be great, address our biggest organizational needs, and deep too. Urias if he can stick at SS would be a great centerpiece for JT. I wonder if they would want to deal Mejia to us or maybe move him somewhere else long term or just deal him later. Urias, 2 of their SP guys, and maybe a catcher if they have one that makes sense.

- - - - - - - - - -

Wonder if theres any chance they do tatis for JT straight up. I would definitely think about it from the marlins perspective.
                      Think SD have made him and Gore untouchable(which is cool since they got tons)

Urias CAN stick at SS-only reason they have him at 2B is because Tatis is at SS. They are trying to get him used to 2B now instead of switching him when Tatis is ready

Urias,Catcher(either Mejia OR Hedges OR even Campusano),1 SP and 1 mid level prospect(they have so many who knows?) would be perfect offer for JT and a SP

SD and TB are perfect trade partners for Miami which is why no one believed Bowden. Both have high end SP,SS,C are deep and need pitching too(Straily/Urena)
                      Last edited by tjfla; 12-10-2018, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                        I get that he's a very high ceiling guy but if youre the mets and you can manage to just trade rosario and prospects for the best catcher in baseball how do they not do it if the other ss prospect they have might be just as good.
                        If they can hold onto both OF, it's a no brainer for them. This would completely work on a value level (note: I am not saying Atlanta, SD, Tampa, and others wouldn't be better)

JT, Rojas, Conley
                        Rosario, Alonso, Petersen, Nido, Lagares, and D'Arnaud -> Marlins eating all of that money on the last two (roughly $14 million).

The Marlins are going to spend +/- $3 million on Cam Maybin type players for CF and C (if they trade Realmuto), and Rojas and Conley are going to make around $4 combined. I view this as, the Marlins taking on only around $4 million bucks, and they fill their holes with should-be-good-if-healthy veterans they can flip at the deadline.

Rojas is completely fine for them for 2019 with Gimenez coming, and they have the money to sign say AJ Pollock and Josh Harrison to round out their team.

Realmuto
                        Frazier/Smith
                        Cano
                        Rojas/Harrison
                        McNeil/Frazier
                        Conforto
                        Pollock
                        Nimmo
                        B - Plawecki, "Rojas/Harrison", Smith, Some 1B/3B/LF type who can hit a little bit (i.e. Dietrich lolz)
                        DL - Cespedes

I see no reason why they wouldn't do that if they are confident they can get Realmuto for 5 years, like Gimenez in 1-2 years to take over, and are confident enough in Smith to play 1B in a year or two. I would take all those bets if I were the Mets.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                          A 3 team trade all within a division would be so weird. When was the last time that happened? I'm obviously not against it, it would just be interesting.
                          Well, it wouldn't technically be a 3-team deal. Just the pieces from one move would be used to make another move.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                            If they can hold onto both OF, it's a no brainer for them. This would completely work on a value level (note: I am not saying Atlanta, SD, Tampa, and others wouldn't be better)

JT, Rojas, Conley
                            Rosario, Alonso, Petersen, Nido, Lagares, and D'Arnaud -> Marlins eating all of that money on the last two (roughly $14 million).

The Marlins are going to spend +/- $3 million on Cam Maybin type players for CF and C (if they trade Realmuto), and Rojas and Conley are going to make around $4 combined. I view this as, the Marlins taking on only around $4 million bucks, and they fill their holes with should-be-good-if-healthy veterans they can flip at the deadline.

Rojas is completely fine for them for 2019 with Gimenez coming, and they have the money to sign say AJ Pollock and Josh Harrison to round out their team.

Realmuto
                            Frazier/Smith
                            Cano
                            Rojas/Harrison
                            McNeil/Frazier
                            Conforto
                            Pollock
                            Nimmo
                            B - Plawecki, "Rojas/Harrison", Smith, Some 1B/3B/LF type who can hit a little bit (i.e. Dietrich lolz)
                            DL - Cespedes

I see no reason why they wouldn't do that if they are confident they can get Realmuto for 5 years, like Gimenez in 1-2 years to take over, and are confident enough in Smith to play 1B in a year or two. I would take all those bets if I were the Mets.
                            They seem to wanna keep Alonso and trade Nimmo then sign Pollock which is why they keep trying to push Nimmo on us.

The whole deal seems to hinge on Rosario however

Your deal makes lots of sense for both teams but no real talks like that. Still hearing Rosario/Nimmo/SP(Kilome/Kay/Peterson)/C for JT and maybe Rojas IF it gets done

- - - - - - - - - -

Soon as Grandal and Ramos sign soon JT market will tighten up. They are already "talking" to teams

Comment

• Here we go!!!!!! NYM/SD/TB/Philly are currently the teams we are "talking" to

Philly is a longshot but have mentioned a deal

Mia-SP(Sixto or Adonis Medina),Alfaro,Nick Williams and 2 other prospects(heard a few names so won't name them all but very good prospects not some throwin)
                              Phil-JT

Reason they are a longshot is Miami thinks they are gonna get Bryce Harper or Machado and like Atlanta would dominant with JT

Atlanta still in but longshot too at this point

If Philly or Atlanta were not in the NL East they would have a better shot

- - - - - - - - - -

Milwaukee is trying to get in on him but no real traction. They are more interested in a SP right now

Braves longshot because they are more concerned with SP/OF right now
                              Last edited by tjfla; 12-10-2018, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• Everyone keeps saying it, but who cares what the other teams do. Does the deal make sense for the Marlins?

This is all about developing a real franchise here with depth. If Philly or Atlanta is good in 2021, cool? Nationals will be in payroll hell, looks like the Mets will be in payroll hell, and there is a thing called the wild card.

- - - - - - - - - -

Take the best deal period. Ties go to out of the division teams, or to the Mets/Nats over ATL/PHI as the Mets/Nats have a greater chance of imploding in the NL East.

Comment

Working...
                                X