This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
    Jose isn't replacing 47 starts by himself, and W-L record doesn't tell you much anyway. I know those guys pitched like garbage, but I don't see Jose adding 10 wins to that team. That team sucked despite an all-time great season from Stanton and an MVP caliber season from Ozuna.
    I wasn't implying he'd replace all of those, just pointing out the quality we threw out there. But he'd replace half of them, and you could presume that his pitching deep into games would also help the bullpen in other games.

Comment

• I do think Jose keeps us in the race a little longer at the least. We were pretty terrible in April and May that year, maybe the FO makes a move to make us better if we're still in it. Although, that would be difficult considering the state of the minor league system at that time.

Comment

• No clue who this guy is but its exactly what I heard as well

Chris Camello
        ‏ @Chris_Camello
        2h2 hours ago

According to my sources, a potential deal for Realmuto COULD have this structure: 2 elite prospects, 2 lower level prospects, and somebody on the active roster. Backup catcher Austin Barnes and/or Will Smith could be involved to fill catching void for #Marlins #Dodgers #HotStove
        13 replies 28 retweets 38 likes

Didn't hear about Barnes OR Will Smith because they are all over Ruiz but Barnes does make sense for us. Should note Miami is ASKING Verdugo/Ruiz as the 2 elite prospects while LAD is talking RUiz/Lux,Jeter Downs,Dustin May

- - - - - - - - - -

I could deal with Ruiz/Jeter Downs/Austin Barnes and 2 mid level prospects

- - - - - - - - - -

Mark Feinsand
        ‏Verified account @Feinsand

While Padres are in on Machado, he’s not their lone target. According to a source, San Diego also remains in trade talks with the Marlins about J.T. Realmuto.

They are talking BUT SD isn't gonna be aggressive unless they get Machado. Urias/ML OF(Cordero/Jankowski) and prospects was mentioned. Again NOT aggressive unless they get Machado.

This is why Miami is NOT pushing hard for left handed bat in FA-waiting to see who they can get in a JT deal
        Last edited by tjfla; 01-25-2019, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• I could deal with Ruiz/Jeter Downs/Austin Barnes and 2 mid level prospects

No, you couldn't! Ruiz and Lux are your two elites, Jeter Downs (not elite) instead of the two mids, and Barnes or Pederson. That's a fine deal for LAD. If necessary, Smith could be exchanged for Ruiz. He's more athletic, hits for more power, and is better defensively.
          Last edited by Lee Stone; 01-25-2019, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            No clue who this guy is but its exactly what I heard as well

Chris Camello
            ‏ @Chris_Camello
            2h2 hours ago

According to my sources, a potential deal for Realmuto COULD have this structure: 2 elite prospects, 2 lower level prospects, and somebody on the active roster. Backup catcher Austin Barnes and/or Will Smith could be involved to fill catching void for #Marlins #Dodgers #HotStove
            13 replies 28 retweets 38 likes

Didn't hear about Barnes OR Will Smith because they are all over Ruiz but Barnes does make sense for us. Should note Miami is ASKING Verdugo/Ruiz as the 2 elite prospects while LAD is talking RUiz/Lux,Jeter Downs,Dustin May

- - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - -

Mark Feinsand
            ‏Verified account @Feinsand

While Padres are in on Machado, he’s not their lone target. According to a source, San Diego also remains in trade talks with the Marlins about J.T. Realmuto.

They are talking BUT SD isn't gonna be aggressive unless they get Machado. Urias/ML OF(Cordero/Jankowski) and prospects was mentioned. Again NOT aggressive unless they get Machado.

This is why Miami is NOT pushing hard for left handed bat in FA-waiting to see who they can get in a JT deal
            The interesting thing about Barnes or Smith being part of the trade is that could mean Ruiz is not part of it. With Banfield in the system, getting a catcher like Barnes/Smith would seemingly be a good bridge until he's ready meaning they don't need to make sure to get a big time catching prospect.

Also, Ruiz/Downs/Barnes and 2 mid level prospects is a TERRIBLE return, and is far from "two elite prospects". The Marlins may like Downs, but he's nothing more than a decent prospect at this point. He is not an adequate second piece.

- - - - - - - - - -

Hopefully we're getting close:

Jon Heyman

Verified account

@JonHeyman
            2m2 minutes ago
            More
            Realmuto talks are said to be gaining momentum, with the Dodgers and Padres believed most prominent in discussions at moment. LA has the need and the young players to trade (Verdugo, etc.) and is logical. Reds, Braves, Astros among others with interest.

Comment

• Not a vast difference between Smith and Ruiz. Both are top 40-60 prospects. Ruiz may have better hit tool, but Smith is closer to the bigs. He's pretty much exactly what the Marlins hope Banfield will grow into. Smith is considered the best defensive player in the Dodger system.
              Last edited by Lee Stone; 01-26-2019, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                The two years of Realmuto control (albeit at a bargain $13-15M) are definitely a handicap in getting highest value. I go back to the CINN/NYY trade that just occurred. A Gray deal was provisional. Reds had 48 hrs to agree to an extension with a pitcher in his final year of control. That seems like a very "adult" approach to things.

Given that an extension would provide great security to JT, that would seem to be in his interest as well. I would take the best offer for JT under such a scenario, then move on to the next best if no extension agreement is reached. Taking that tact would logically increase the number of interested teams as well.
                As suggested a couple days ago ... here we go. https://larrybrownsports.com/basebal...o-trade/482322

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                  Not a vast difference between Smith and Ruiz. Both are top 40-60 prospects. Ruiz may have better hit tool, but Smith is closer to the bigs. He's pretty much exactly what the Marlins hope Banfield will grow into. Smith is considered the best defensive player in the Dodger system.
                  There’s quite a huge difference for people who understand how to evaluate prospects.

Comment

• Hearing Marlins are NOT giving any team a window

Still talking to 4 teams(SD/LAD/Atlanta and 4th either TB or Cincy)

Miami is asking for

LAD-Ruiz/Lux OR Jeter Downs/SP like Alvarez,Gonsolin/Low level player/Austin Barnes
                    SD-Meija/Morejon,Paddock OR Logan Allen/Young MIF(Ruiz,Xavier Edwards,Arias)/low level player/ML OF(Jankowski/Cordero?)
                    Atl-Riley/Ian Anderson/Inciarte OR Swanson
                    Cincy-(LONGSHOT) 2 of Senzel/Trammell/Greene/India

LAD/SD include us sending pitching with JT

SD/LAD are faves and could move very quickly with either 1

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post

No, you couldn't! Ruiz and Lux are your two elites, Jeter Downs (not elite) instead of the two mids, and Barnes or Pederson. That's a fine deal for LAD. If necessary, Smith could be exchanged for Ruiz. He's more athletic, hits for more power, and is better defensively.
                    Jeter Downs is ELITE in our FO minds. Heard they want him OR Gavin Lux as 2nd Elite Player

Plan is get Austin Barnes in deal and have him as Starter till Ruiz is ready in 2020 then have Ruiz/Barnes

- - - - - - - - - -

If they get Machado they are gonna be even more aggressive with us. They want JT no matter what happens with Machado but if they think they can sign him don't be surprised if they offer something crazy
                    Last edited by tjfla; 01-26-2019, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Hearing Marlins are NOT giving any team a window

Still talking to 4 teams(SD/LAD/Atlanta and 4th either TB or Cincy)

Miami is asking for

LAD-Ruiz/Lux OR Jeter Downs/SP like Alvarez,Gonsolin/Low level player/Austin Barnes
                      SD-Meija/Morejon,Paddock OR Logan Allen/Young MIF(Ruiz,Xavier Edwards,Arias)/low level player/ML OF(Jankowski/Cordero?)
                      Atl-Riley/Ian Anderson/Inciarte OR Swanson
                      Cincy-(LONGSHOT) 2 of Senzel/Trammell/Greene/India

LAD/SD include us sending pitching with JT

SD/LAD are faves and could move very quickly with either 1

- - - - - - - - - -

Jeter Downs is ELITE in our FO minds. Heard they want him OR Gavin Lux as 2nd Elite Player

Plan is get Austin Barnes in deal and have him as Starter till Ruiz is ready in 2020 then have Ruiz/Barnes

- - - - - - - - - -

If they get Machado they are gonna be even more aggressive with us. They want JT no matter what happens with Machado but if they think they can sign him don't be surprised if they offer something crazy
                      You keep saying Alvarez is a SP. There is as much a chance of him being a starter as Jorge Guzman. I can't see the Marlins wanting him to be a part of this trade unless he is a throw in. They have plenty of hard throwing RP who have no idea where the ball is going.

Comment

• Agree on Alvarez - a big no thanks. If the Dodgers are basically Ruiz, Lux or Downs, and Barnes, that's a big no for me as well. If Lux or Downs could be a ML SS, I'd feel a little better about it, but they are viewed more as 2B or OF. W Smith, Lux, Downs and Santana would work for me.

Still, I'd wait for the Rays to say no to R Hernandez, Brujan and L. Fox before I'd consider any other deal. We all have our individual take.

From Dec 14: Realmuto is valuable because he's a great player, the best at his position in the game. But he's valuable because he's a great player at the right time, when far too many teams are dealing with a total lack of offense behind the plate. It's hard to find a player who can hit well and receive, too. It's hard to find a Realmuto. It's why so many teams are willing to pay such a high price for him.

Mike Petriello is an analyst for MLB.com and the host of the Statcast podcast.

That "high price" just doesn't seem to have transpired.
                        Last edited by Lee Stone; 01-27-2019, 05:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                          You keep saying Alvarez is a SP. There is as much a chance of him being a starter as Jorge Guzman. I can't see the Marlins wanting him to be a part of this trade unless he is a throw in. They have plenty of hard throwing RP who have no idea where the ball is going.
                          Totally agree with u(I dont like much u say so). I dont think they really want Alvarez I just keep saying him because they would want a SP in his range-names like Alvarez/Gonsolin/Gray

- - - - - - - - - -

Its likely gonna end up being LA/SD/Atlanta unless Cincy grows some balls and goes ALL in

TB refuses to talk Sanchez or another big name(Heard McKay but not sure) and Houston is willing to go Tucker but NO 2nd Elite Prospect

If SD gets Machado they could go for JT hard but in reality its looking like LAD or Atlanta until then

We want Riley/Anderson/Inciarte OR Swanson(Crazy Price) while Atlanta seems to be pushing Riley/Pitcher NOT named Anderson/?(3rd piece likely a 5-10 prospect)

LAD we are closer and have talked a Ruiz/Lux OR Jeter Downs/SP like Alvarez,Gonsolin,Gray(NOT Santana or May or Ferguson)/GOOD low level prospect/Austin Barnes for JT and likely a RP.

IF LAD OR Atl wanted to get something done today they could. Miami has said

LAD-Verdugo/Ruiz/?(Heard Barnes but also heard prospect so?).
                          Atl-Rley/Anderson/?(Swanson/Inciarte)

Cincy jumps in too with an offer of 2 of Trammell,Greene,India OR Senzel+

- - - - - - - - - -

Mish keeps saying Atlanta doesn't wanna trade ANDERSON. They wanna keep Anderson and would trade 1 of Riley OR Inciarte

Comment

Totally agree with u(I dont like much u say so). I dont think they really want Alvarez I just keep saying him because they would want a SP in his range-names like Alvarez/Gonsolin/Gray

- - - - - - - - - -

Its likely gonna end up being LA/SD/Atlanta unless Cincy grows some balls and goes ALL in

TB refuses to talk Sanchez or another big name(Heard McKay but not sure) and Houston is willing to go Tucker but NO 2nd Elite Prospect

If SD gets Machado they could go for JT hard but in reality its looking like LAD or Atlanta until then

We want Riley/Anderson/Inciarte OR Swanson(Crazy Price) while Atlanta seems to be pushing Riley/Pitcher NOT named Anderson/?(3rd piece likely a 5-10 prospect)

LAD we are closer and have talked a Ruiz/Lux OR Jeter Downs/SP like Alvarez,Gonsolin,Gray(NOT Santana or May or Ferguson)/GOOD low level prospect/Austin Barnes for JT and likely a RP.

IF LAD OR Atl wanted to get something done today they could. Miami has said

LAD-Verdugo/Ruiz/?(Heard Barnes but also heard prospect so?).
                            Atl-Rley/Anderson/?(Swanson/Inciarte)

Cincy jumps in too with an offer of 2 of Trammell,Greene,India OR Senzel+

- - - - - - - - - -

Mish keeps saying Atlanta doesn't wanna trade ANDERSON. They wanna keep Anderson and would trade 1 of Riley OR Inciarte
                            It's amazing to me that Atlanta wouldn't just trade Anderson and get a deal done for JT. They have a ton of other top starting pitching prospects that all seem fairly similar. Riley/Anderson/Swanson or Inciarte for JT and Conley seems like a good deal for everyone to me.

Most of all, I'm tired of waiting for this deal to happen. Hopefully it's finished up this week. I can't imagine that this goes much longer with Fan Fest fast approaching.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                              It's amazing to me that Atlanta wouldn't just trade Anderson and get a deal done for JT. They have a ton of other top starting pitching prospects that all seem fairly similar. Riley/Anderson/Swanson or Inciarte for JT and Conley seems like a good deal for everyone to me.
                              Same. According to Mish they refuse to include Anderson.

Miami's "waiting game" seems to be Atlanta will panic when Philly signs Harper and a SP. Then up offer to what they want EXACTLY

I actually like Soroka more but he had shoulder problems at end of the year so understand why we passing

The waiting is because of Harper and Machado. No one is panicked yet because no one knows where they will go. Miami is just waiting till teams realize they need JT and then its on. Philly gets Harper than Atlanta NEEDS JT,SD gets Machado then they are ALL in for JT but if SD gets Machado LA needs to make a big splash and they make a push

We are happy holding onto him till ST. Guys we are getting are likely to be in minors anyway
                              Last edited by tjfla; 01-27-2019, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Same. According to Mish they refuse to include Anderson.

Miami's "waiting game" seems to be Atlanta will panic when Philly signs Harper and a SP. Then up offer to what they want EXACTLY

I actually like Soroka more but he had shoulder problems at end of the year so understand why we passing

The waiting is because of Harper and Machado. No one is panicked yet because no one knows where they will go. Miami is just waiting till teams realize they need JT and then its on
                                I understand, but these teams actually need JT NOW. If they want to win a World Series, the Dodgers need a catcher badly. The Marlins are sitting here with the best one in the game and they are going to let him go elsewhere over a prospect or 2? Makes zero sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X