X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
    That Padres deal sucks
    I like it actually. Marlins want Mejia and Morejon as Top 2 pieces but like Paddack and Allen so?

The deal I heard they want is Mejia/Morejon/Xavier Edwards/Good Low Level OF/Franchy Cordero. Doubtful they get ALL names they want but SD is willing to trade most of it which is why they are making late charge

SD has about 20 guys we are interested in so after Mejia/Morejon its a WHO the hell knows? Miami scouts the Cal League hard and SD has Lake Elisnore there so we have gotten some great looks

- - - - - - - - - -

Jon Heyman
    ‏Verified account @JonHeyman

Dodgers and Padres have been at the forefront of the Realmuto talks in recent days. However, word now is that a 3rd team — believed to be the Reds — is also making a push.
    2:50 PM - 28 Jan 2019

Jon Heyman

Reds are indeed very much in Realmuto mix. Cincy prospects Hunter Greene, Nick Senzel and Taylor Trammell are thought of interest to Miami, though Reds likely prefer not to include any of those 3. Possibility vet catcher Tucker Barnhart could be included in potential deal as well

We gave Cincy 2 deal options

Senzel/Barnhart/low level player
    2 of Trammell/Greene/India and Barnhart

They have said NO on both but they can get JT is a second if they take either offer
    Last edited by tjfla; 01-28-2019, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• It would be a cool extra if hometown kid Xavier Edwards came to MIA in the deal.

- - - - - - - - - -

So the Reds want JT but they want to send zero Tier 1 prospects over for him. This stuff cracks me up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
        It would be a cool extra if hometown kid Xavier Edwards came to MIA in the deal.

- - - - - - - - - -

So the Reds want JT but they want to send zero Tier 1 prospects over for him. This stuff cracks me up.
        Not really they are willing to offer Trammell OR India/Barnhart/more prospects but Miami isn't to into Stephenson,Guiterrez

Miami will take Senzel/Barnhart/low level prospect BUT not Trammell OR India in that type

- - - - - - - - - -

The thing with 3 of the 4 teams is they are 1 player away from going from #4 to deal done in seconds

Dodgers offer Ruiz with Verdugo OR May and deal is done
        Braves offer Inciarte or Swanson instead of Wentz/Muller and deal done
        Reds offer India,Greene with Trammell and deal is done
        SD has Mejia and Morejon but are on the fence because #1 they can't talk extension and #2 they want Machado too

- - - - - - - - - -

Here come the REDS?????

Jon Heyman

Reds are making progress. In Realmuto talks, but there’s word of caution: not at finish line yet.

Comment

• My two pennies:
          San Diego is a problem - possible Yelich deal all over. Ironically, Paddock is the one guy I really like.
          CINN If the Marlins would say yes to Senzel and Barnhardt (I wouldn't), then the Reds ought to just go ahead and do it.
          ATL Nothing feels right there. Besides, beating the Braves is the one thing I'm looking forward to this season.
          Dodgers: Sure. Unlike the Marlins, evidently, I don't want Verdugo though. Ruiz, Lux, and one of a dozen pitchers that would instantly be our best.
          Tampa Bay: No McKay or Sanchez? Good! Those aren't the guys to go after anyway. C Hernandez could certainly wind up being better than Ruiz or Mejia. Brujan is a phenom. Brandon Lowe can take a power bat to three or four different positions. LFox is a better SS candidate than any in the Marlin system. N Solak has 20-20 talent in the IF. Nate Lowe is a slugging first baseman.
          Last edited by Lee Stone; 01-28-2019, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Sounding like deal could look like this

Trammell/India/Barnhart and MIF prospect or ML ready RP(Herget?) for JT and maybe another player

Some in Miami want Hunter Greene but iffy on arm injury

Toolsy RF who would be in Jax with VV and ML in 2020?
            3B who could end in Jax and ML in 20 or 21 and move BA to 1B
            Solid ML C who is signed for cheap and could be around till Banfield ready in 3 years
            Last edited by tjfla; 01-28-2019, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              Sounding like deal could look like this

Trammell/India/Barnhart and MIF prospect or ML ready RP(Herget?) for JT and maybe another player

Solid ML C who is signed for cheap and could be around till Banfield ready in 3 years
              Admittedly I don't know as much about the Reds system as some others, but Trammell and India would seem to be a good starting point of a deal, although I'd prefer a top tier arm in a JT trade along with an elite hitting prospect.

Comment

• Jon Heyman
                3m3 minutes ago

Jonathan India, 3B from Coral Springs, Fla. and U of Fla., the 5th overall pick in 2018 draft, is another Reds prospect who may be of interest to the Marlins in Realmuto talks.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                Admittedly I don't know as much about the Reds system as some others, but Trammell and India would seem to be a good starting point of a deal, although I'd prefer a top tier arm in a JT trade along with an elite hitting prospect.
                They like Greene but had arm issues LY and some in FO think he is a TJ Surgery waiting to happen. Cincy has 3 arms-Greene,Santillan,Guiterrez. Santillan is like 6'2 250lbs and 22 while Guiterrez is Cuban 23 and hasn't looked great

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  Sounding like deal could look like this

That's the best offer for JT and would end the bidding IMO. JT's bat would shine in CINN. Just hope that "maybe another player" isn't Jose Urena.

Comment

• Worst Beat Writer woke up from his nap

Joe Frisaro
                    ‏Verified account @JoeFrisaro
                    5m5 minutes ago

Update on J.T. Realmuto talks. Can confirm #Marlins in substantive talks with the #Reds and Jonathan India is among names being discusses, as @JonHeyman reports. Miami still in talks with other clubs, like #Dodgers #Padres Marlins seeking best package of prospects - 2-4 players

Should note the 2 players would be LAD for Verdugo and Ruiz or Cincy for Senzel and ?. Deals they want for the 3 teams are between 3-5 players for JT and possible a pitcher

Comment

• I still think the Padres offer is the worst one. I'd prefer Urias to Mejia, and I'd want more from them if either were the headliner.

The interesting thing to me, is the reported standoff between the Marlins and Braves. They SHOULD get the package they're asking for, but TJ's rumored Atlanta response of Riley, another of their top pitchers, and other prospects, still seems like by far the best offer out there, and miles better than the Padres deal.

The Reds have a lot to like. I'd be pushing for Senzel, but I doubt they're giving him up. I would hope you could get Green as well, if it's India instead of Senzel or Trammell.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                        I still think the Padres offer is the worst one. I'd prefer Urias to Mejia, and I'd want more from them if either were the headliner.

The interesting thing to me, is the reported standoff between the Marlins and Braves. They SHOULD get the package they're asking for, but TJ's rumored Atlanta response of Riley, another of their top pitchers, and other prospects, still seems like by far the best offer out there, and miles better than the Padres deal.

The Reds have a lot to like. I'd be pushing for Senzel, but I doubt they're giving him up. I would hope you could get Green as well, if it's India instead of Senzel or Trammell.
                        Same here on SD but they actually have some talented young MIF beside Urias. Miami would get 1 of them likely and Mejia. Remember its about getting TALENT-why get just Urias when u can get Mejia and Edwards? Ruiz? Arias? With that being said I could go for Urias/Morejon or Meija/Morejon from them

Well thats what I heard but Mish says its like Wright,Pache and others. Whatever it is the Atlanta offer is far from what we want.

Cincy could offer Senzel/prospect/Barnhart OR Trammell/India/Barnhart. THey like Greene but the arm issues is something they are worried about. He could replace Trammell OR India in the 2nd deal easy

SD and Cincy are in the lead with LAD behind(they refuse to include Verdugo/May). Atlanta is far back but honestly NO CLUE about them all the reports/talk is different
                        Last edited by tjfla; 01-28-2019, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• Ken Rosenthal
                          ‏Verified account @Ken_Rosenthal
                          2m2 minutes ago

#Padres remain in on #Marlins’ Realmuto, but unclear if they are as aggressive as #Reds, sources tell me and @dennistlin. From SD, MIA wants catcher (Mejia, as reported by @JonMorosi), SP prospect (Morejon under discussion) and major-league ready OFer (possibly Margot).

I would prefer Mejia/Morejon/Young MIF/Franchy Cordero
                          Last edited by tjfla; 01-28-2019, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• i just do not understand this insistence on getting some sort of immediate major league player in every deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                              i just do not understand this insistence on getting some sort of immediate major league player in every deal.
                              Why not? U need a C and if they can get a cheap ML ready OF might as well.

Comment

• Padres would be a great fit if we wanted to do a deal that is both quality and quantity and throw in guys like Conley/Steck/straily.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                Why not? U need a C and if they can get a cheap ML ready OF might as well.
                                Not prospects, im talking about more of the names we've heard like Margot, Enciarte, Sanchez and a few others. Not prospects who are about to come up and are ML ready that way.

- - - - - - - - - -

margot doesnt impress me as part of a trade at all. feels like he's never going to hit enough

Comment

Working...
                                X