This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
    A year into the rebuild after dealing the last 2 NL MVPs we have 0 top 100 prospects. Jesus.
    1...Mesa

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
      1...Mesa
      I was referring to Law's list.

Also Nick Wittgren DFA'd. Am I missing something? If I were to rank players on the 40-man roster right now, he'd probably be in the top 20 for me. What is going on?

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
        I was referring to Law's list.

Also Nick Wittgren DFA'd. Am I missing something? If I were to rank players on the 40-man roster right now, he'd probably be in the top 20 for me. What is going on?
        Gotcha.

As for Wittgren, the only thing that makes sense is if they trade him, maybe in a Realmuto deal. Otherwise there’s no way he should be dropped instead of a bunch of others.

Comment

• the way they have treated wittgren his entire career has been weird. The only thing i can think of is that he is some sort of off the field issue?

- - - - - - - - - -

I like the Walker signing. Needed some sort of veteran left handed hitter especially at 1b.

Comment

• If he’s not included in a JT deal, I wonder if Wittgren would be used to acquire more IFA money that can go toward the Cuban SS.

Comment

• Fairly major signings warrant their own threads. There’s now a Neil Walker thread.
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                If he’s not included in a JT deal, I wonder if Wittgren would be used to acquire more IFA money that can go toward the Cuban SS.
                can they include Wittgren in a JT deal now?

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                  can they include Wittgren in a JT deal now?
                  Sure. They have 7 days to trade Wittgren or put him on waivers. It's just weird that they would DFA him unless they already have a deal in place or know that they can deal him quickly. Otherwise, there were a number of other players on the 40 man roster that they could have DFA'd instead...Isaac Galloway comes to mind.

As for Walker, Hill mentioned that they see him mostly as a platoon partner at 1B with O'Brien. If that is the case, I could still see them adding an OF to the mix. There are still plenty of good FA options available that can be had on a 1 year deal (CarGo, Carlos Gomez, Span, Parra, Adam Jones, Melky Cabrerra, etc.). I suppose that depends on who they get back in a JT deal.

Comment

• A heart wants what a heart wants. Chris Paddack back. We still mourn the loss of Fernandez, so it's time we get the other guy that will have us thinking no-hitter every time he's penciled in for a start (and no walks at the very least!) No pitcher ever shot up the prospect charts the way Paddack has since recovering from TJS. So take a chance on Mejia and Paddack from the Padres. Paddack: The best of the best. https://www.milb.com/milb/news/tools...es/c-295964870
                    Last edited by Lee Stone; 01-30-2019, 07:39 AM.

Comment

• Weird about the Wittgren DFA especially with Brigham and Kinley as RP on 40 man. They have until next Tuesday to do something with him(99% likely a trade because multiple teams will be claiming him)

I would have said they did it because NO options and they wanted a option guy however Witt had a 1 option remaining-probably looking at a younger RP and low level DSL guy or IFA cash in return

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                        Weird about the Wittgren DFA especially with Brigham and Kinley as RP on 40 man. They have until next Tuesday to do something with him(99% likely a trade because multiple teams will be claiming him)

I would have said they did it because NO options and they wanted a option guy however Witt had a 1 option remaining-probably looking at a younger RP and low level DSL guy or IFA cash in return
                        Brigham has some potential, but it makes little sense with at minimum, Kinley, Keller, Wallach, Galloway, and Hererra.

I have to imagine a low level trade is coming or he is in every trade permutation for Realmuto as a throw in reliever most teams would love.

Why is Galloway still on the 40 man?

Comment

• They are still looking for a "4th" OF who can play CF and have heard they have 3 offers out to vet RP to take Wittgren's spot

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                            Brigham has some potential, but it makes little sense with at minimum, Kinley, Keller, Wallach, Galloway, and Hererra.

I have to imagine a low level trade is coming or he is in every trade permutation for Realmuto as a throw in reliever most teams would love.

Yup. I would think he's a shoe-in to be a part of a Realmuto trade. Otherwise keeping any of the players you mention over him is silly.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post

Personal favor to his dad Jeff Loria? Honestly NO CLUE

Well Keller and Anderson they wanna get a look at before they DFA him and Wallach is AAA 3rd C. As for Galloway/Kinley/Hererra/Brigham(If needed) it makes NO Sense

Either or with Witt-they can offer him with JT to Cincy/SD/LAD(All would love a cheap ML RP option) OR offer him around the league for a 22/23 yr old RP Prospect who doesn't need to 40 man(like we got with Tyler Stevens) AND IFA cash or some DSL prospect type

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                They are still looking for a "4th" OF who can play CF and have heard they have 3 offers out to vet RP to take Wittgren's spot
                                4th OF? They need at least a platoon OF in LF with Dean. GarGo, Span, Gomez, or Adam Jones make a lot of sense for 1 year. Then again, they could get an OF from SD if that trade happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X