C - ______, Wallach
    1B - Walker, O'Brien
    2B - Castro
    SS - Rojas, Riddle
    3B - Prado
    LF - Cooper
    CF - Brinson, Herrera/Galloway/God Willingly a FA
    RF - Anderson

Interestingly, the only other infielder on the 40 man is Diaz, although I suspect the plan would be to move Anderson/Cooper full time to the infield and play Dean/other random OF in the event of an infielder injury/ineffectiveness.

Does Cooper have an option? That makes a lot of sense.

SP - Urena, Chen, Straily, Pablo, Alcantara/Richards/Ca. Smith
    RHP - "TBD Veteran", Steckenrider, Guerrero, Alcantara/Richards, and Ferrell
    LHP - Conley, Ca. Smith, Garcia

That seems relatively set for me

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
      4th OF? They need at least a platoon OF in LF with Dean. GarGo, Span, Gomez, or Adam Jones make a lot of sense for 1 year. Then again, they could get an OF from SD if that trade happens.
      Thats what I put 4th in "". Pretty much a platoon for Dean and BA but who can play CF as well

Right now the fight is between Herrera/Sierra/Galloway/maybe Margot,Jankowski,Cordero in a SD trade?

I doubt Dean even lasts if he doesn't hit better. Don't forget Gaby Guerrero and Harold Ramirez are gonna be waiting in AAA

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by lou View Post
      So the 25 man is:

C - ______, Wallach
      1B - Walker, O'Brien
      2B - Castro
      SS - Rojas, Riddle
      3B - Prado
      LF - Cooper
      CF - Brinson, Herrera/Galloway/God Willingly a FA
      RF - Anderson

Interestingly, the only other infielder on the 40 man is Diaz, although I suspect the plan would be to move Anderson/Cooper full time to the infield and play Dean/other random OF in the event of an infielder injury/ineffectiveness.

SP - Urena, Chen, Straily, Pablo, Alcantara/Richards/Ca. Smith
      RHP - "TBD Veteran", Steckenrider, Guerrero, Alcantara/Richards, and Ferrell
      LHP - Conley, Ca. Smith, Garcia

That seems relatively set for me
      C - ______, Holaday
      1B - O'Brien/Walker(1B,2B,3B,OF)
      2B - Castro
      SS - Rojas, Riddle
      3B - Prado
      LF - Dean/Cooper
      CF - Brinson,God Willingly a FA OR JT trade
      RF - Anderson

SP - Urena, Chen,Pablo,Straily,Richards
      RHP - "TBD Veteran", Steckenrider, Guerrero, Noesi/Elieser, and Ferrell
      LHP - Conley,Garcia

DL-Smith/Fernandez

25 MAN RIGHT NOW!!!!

4 spots open-TBD FA RP/LR Guy/"4th" Platoon OF,Starting C

Looks like a solid Top 3 pick in 2020
      Last edited by tjfla; 01-30-2019, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• They only spent $2 million on Walker. Even accounting for a FA reliever and OF, the payroll is still going to be really low (especially with a JT trade). Given the state of the market, I wish they'd jump in on Machado.

Comment

They only spent $2 million on Walker. Even accounting for a FA reliever and OF, the payroll is still going to be really low (especially with a JT trade). Given the state of the market, I wish they'd jump in on Machado.
          They should and didn't even mention another 10 million off when trade JT and Straily. Next year only contract is Chen with his 22 million

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            They should and didn't even mention another 10 million off when trade JT and Straily. Next year only contract is Chen with his 22 million
            Exactly. They have almost nothing committed after this year and a new TV deal coming at some point soon. Machado is the perfect fit, so just move the timeline up a year if you can get him for $200-250 million.

Comment

Exactly. They have almost nothing committed after this year and a new TV deal coming at some point. Machado is the perfect fit, so just move the timeline up a year if you can get him for $200-250 million.
              Yep. Even tho I love what Jeter/Denbo have done this is the 1 reason I wish Mas bought the team. His "plan" was sign Machado this offseason to replace Stanton as face of Miami

Comment

• Again, there’s no version of this team signing Machado in 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                  Again, there’s no version of this team signing Machado in 2019.
                  Didn't say that there was...just that they should.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                    Again, there’s no version of this team signing Machado in 2019.
                    can we perhaps interest you in neil walker instead

Comment

Well Chen is more like $17 million with deferrals, Castro has a $1 million buyout (and could be $16 million if optioned), and they have arbitration on Straily, Urena, Rojas, Conley, and maybe Garcia and Riddle if they are Super2s. There is a little bit more but it's obviously not a lot.

- - - - - - - - - -

Urena is going to be a lock at $6 millionish, he's going nowhere. I can see Straily, Rojas, and Conley as deadline trades minimum. Garcia and Riddle are DFA/keep if they figure it out. They will be cheap for at least two years either way.

So you're probably looking at starting 2020 as: Chen, Urena, Garcia, Riddle, and Castro's buyout at around $27 million, and a heap of club controlled guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                        Well Chen is more like $17 million with deferrals, Castro has a $1 million buyout (and could be $16 million if optioned), and they have arbitration on Straily, Urena, Rojas, Conley, and maybe Garcia and Riddle if they are Super2s. There is a little bit more but it's obviously not a lot.

- - - - - - - - - -

Urena is going to be a lock at $6 millionish, he's going nowhere. I can see Straily, Rojas, and Conley as deadline trades minimum. Garcia and Riddle are DFA/keep if they figure it out. They will be cheap for at least two years either way.

So you're probably looking at starting 2020 as: Chen, Urena, Garcia, Riddle, and Castro's buyout at around $27 million, and a heap of club controlled guys.

Around 40-45 Million with "projected" around 90-100 million. So 50-60 million to spend on stuff if wanted to

Rotation is already "set" minus #1 SP,2B,3B and OF too

C-JT Trade/?
                        1B-?
                        2B-Diaz
                        SS-Riddle
                        3B-BA
                        LF-VV/Sierra OR Brian Miller
                        CF-Harrison
                        RF-Brinson

SP-Urena/Chen/Sandy/Pablo/Richards with Neidert/Gallen/Elieser/Dugger as Depth

Need 1B,SS and RP.
                        Last edited by tjfla; 01-30-2019, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Around 40-45 Million with "projected" around 90-100 million. So 50-60 million to spend on stuff if wanted to

Rotation is already "set" minus #1 SP,2B,3B and OF too

C-JT Trade/?
                          1B-?
                          2B-Diaz
                          SS-Riddle
                          3B-BA
                          LF-VV/Sierra OR Brian Miller
                          CF-Harrison
                          RF-Brinson

SP-Urena/Chen/Sandy/Pablo/Richards with Neidert/Gallen/Elieser/Dugger as Depth

Need 1B,SS and RP.
                          I wonder how much that projected number will depend on attendance. Attendance was nowhere near their projected numbers last year....will lower than projected figures this year (and beyond) mean lower than projected payrolls?

Comment

• Law released his 50-1. Here are the rankings of the guys who have been mentioned in JT rumors, and where they rank:

6. Nick Senzel, CIN
                            7. MacKenzie Gore, SD
                            12. Taylor Trammell, CIN
                            14. Brendan McKay, TB
                            16. Hunter Green, CIN
                            17. Kyle Tucker, HOU
                            22. Kyle Wright, ATL
                            26. Touki Toussant, ATL
                            27. Keibert Ruiz, LAD
                            28. Brendan Rodgers, COL
                            29. Francisco Mejia, SD
                            30. Ian Anderson, ATL
                            37. Alex Verdugo, LAD
                            41. Gavin Lux, LAD
                            44. Chris Paddack, SD
                            45. Christian Pache, ATL
                            46. Adrian Morejon, SD
                            49. Dustin May, LAD

Nolan Gorman is 39, and has been pretty high on other lists. He's not someone in play for Realmuto, but that's who I really wanted them to draft, and still feel like they will really regret passing on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                              Law released his 50-1. Here are the rankings of the guys who have been mentioned in JT rumors, and where they rank:

6. Nick Senzel, CIN
                              7. MacKenzie Gore, SD
                              12. Taylor Trammell, CIN
                              14. Brendan McKay, TB
                              16. Hunter Green, CIN
                              17. Kyle Tucker, HOU
                              22. Kyle Wright, ATL
                              26. Touki Toussant, ATL
                              27. Keibert Ruiz, LAD
                              28. Brendan Rodgers, COL
                              29. Francisco Mejia, SD
                              30. Ian Anderson, ATL
                              37. Alex Verdugo, LAD
                              41. Gavin Lux, LAD
                              44. Chris Paddack, SD
                              45. Christian Pache, ATL
                              46. Adrian Morejon, SD
                              49. Dustin May, LAD

Nolan Gorman is 39, and has been pretty high on other lists. He's not someone in play for Realmuto, but that's who I really wanted them to draft, and still feel like they will really regret passing on him.
                              I'd love to start a new franchise with that group.

Comment

• Latest from Frisaro says JT talks in "advanced stages":

https://www.mlb.com/news/jt-realmuto...es/c-303381944

Comment

Working...
                                X