Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That’s a pretty underwhelming deal, but we were always headed in that direction, weren’t we? I fail to believe the Braves can’t do better and I hope we don’t lose out on that because of pride of not wanting to cave, or some ridiculous notion of making division rivals pay a high premium.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
      That’s a pretty underwhelming deal, but we were always headed in that direction, weren’t we? I fail to believe the Braves can’t do better and I hope we don’t lose out on that because of pride of not wanting to cave, or some ridiculous notion of making division rivals pay a high premium.
      #1 Atlanta's offer is reportedly Wright/Pache/low level prospect to which Miami countered with Anderson/Riley/Muller type AFTER dropping price
      #2 Yes Miami is making Atlanta beat Cincy and SD offers if they want him.

I would rather have Cincy's offer and see JT a few times a year

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by lou View Post
      There is a lot to like there so we'll see.
      Exactly I hear they want Santillan but like Guiterrez too. Big difference is Santillan younger AND see him as SP type. While others could be anything really. Doubt its Stephenson or Winker if Barnhart is in deal.

I could handle

Cin-JT
      Miami-India/Barnhart/Santillan/Marinan OR Heatherly/low level player(maybe?)

then

??-Witt
      Miami-younger RP/low level prospect or something

Jacob Heatherly is someone who Miami liked and had 1st Rd buzz but fell to Rd 3. He is from Alabama and a lefty like Braxton Garrett. Nothing special but worth a look
      Last edited by tjfla; 02-02-2019, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• Isn't time almost up on dealing Wittgren?

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
          Isn't time almost up on dealing Wittgren?
          By like Tuesday or Wednesday but wouldn't be surprised to see him or an arm going with JT to Cincy.

Wish they were into JT in like Nov when they had Jeter Downs AND their Comp A Pick still
          Last edited by tjfla; 02-02-2019, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• I don't know...India being the top prospect in the return feels light to me. I know he was just the #5 pick last year, but I still think 2 years of JT cheap is worth Trammell or Greene (I know he's an injury risk).

Comment

• Frisaro reporting that the Rays have “re-engaged”.

https://www.mlb.com/news/jt-realmuto...icle_303476788

Comment

• Originally posted by CWB3 View Post
                Frisaro reporting that the Rays have “re-engaged”.

https://www.mlb.com/news/jt-realmuto...icle_303476788
                I'd be surprised if TB didn't re-engage once they got a view of potential CINN trade. They can come with Zunino, Brandon Lowe, Liberatore, and Lucius Fox and be the winner.
                Last edited by Lee Stone; 02-02-2019, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                  I don't know...India being the top prospect in the return feels light to me. I know he was just the #5 pick last year, but I still think 2 years of JT cheap is worth Trammell or Greene (I know he's an injury risk).
                  Agree 1000%.

I don’t care what anyone says, the Marlins need a CAN’T MISS prospect for JT.

You can’t trade Yelich, Ozuna, Gordon, Stanton and JT and not get ONE wow-factor (Robles, Tatis, Anderson, Verdugo, Whitley, Trammel, Senzel) prospect.

You just can’t.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                    Agree 1000%.

You can’t trade Yelich, Ozuna, Gordon, Stanton and JT and not get ONE wow-factor (Robles, Tatis, Anderson, Verdugo, Whitley, Trammel, Senzel) prospect.

You just can’t.
                    Perhaps India becomes that this year, but they need a top tier talent for JT. I get them not wanting to deal Senzel, but Trammell is certainly a reasonable ask.

Comment

Agree 1000%.

You just can’t.
                      Nobody trades six years of cost-controlled Wow for two years of catching. The team has to look more deeply and find young guys who will become great over the next few years. Apparently, Houston HAS agreed to give up Kyle Tucker and little else. What if that little else included Bryan Abreu, who struck out 90 in 54 innings last season. Or 19-year old Freuis Nova?
                      Last edited by Lee Stone; 02-02-2019, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                        #1 Atlanta's offer is reportedly Wright/Pache/low level prospect to which Miami countered with Anderson/Riley/Muller type AFTER dropping price
                        #2 Yes Miami is making Atlanta beat Cincy and SD offers if they want him.

I would rather have Cincy's offer and see JT a few times a year

- - - - - - - - - -

Exactly I hear they want Santillan but like Guiterrez too. Big difference is Santillan younger AND see him as SP type. While others could be anything really. Doubt its Stephenson or Winker if Barnhart is in deal.

I could handle

Cin-JT
                        Miami-India/Barnhart/Santillan/Marinan OR Heatherly/low level player(maybe?)

then

??-Witt
                        Miami-younger RP/low level prospect or something

Jacob Heatherly is someone who Miami liked and had 1st Rd buzz but fell to Rd 3. He is from Alabama and a lefty like Braxton Garrett. Nothing special but worth a look
                        Didn’t you say a few days ago that Atlanta countered with Wright, Riley, and others when Miami asked for Riley, Anderson, and others? Now it’s Wright and Pache? Either way, the Wright/Pache deal is better than a deal where India is the main piece.

Of course you want them to beat the offers, but you don’t have to blow them away. Playing JT a bunch of times in a year doesn’t mean anything if you don’t have a good team. You take the best deal. Period. And this Reds deal doesn’t feel very impressive at all. It feels lighter than the Yelich return for a player that has more value currently than Yelich did when they moved him.

Comment

• Yelich had far more value than Realmuto. Ozuna was a better comp.

Comment

• I don’t think India/Santillan/Barnhart/others is a bad offer. It just lacks star power and I feel like they need at least 1 elite talent in the deal. If you make this trade, you’re banking on India becoming that...which is reasonable to expect as the 5th overall pick, but it sort of feels like settling. I guess we’ll see what happens.

Comment

• Only two teams in MLB are projected to win more games than the Dodgers this year. The Dodgers, playing for a city starving for the World Series trophy. I find it incredibly weird they didn’t do everything in their power to trade for JT.

I get not wanting to acquire JT via losing Bellinger. But put together a prospect offer the Marlins can’t refuse.

Comment

Only two teams in MLB are projected to win more games than the Dodgers this year. The Dodgers, playing for a city starving for the World Series trophy. I find it incredibly weird they didn’t do everything in their power to trade for JT.

I get not wanting to acquire JT via losing Bellinger. But put together a prospect offer the Marlins can’t refuse.
                                Exactly! Makes zero sense to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X