X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.pitcherlist.com/going-de...-vidal-brujan/

Comment

• Apparently dodgers f’d up Braves style on ifa. Interested to see what comes out of it. What prospects are they forced to let go etc.
      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
        Apparently dodgers f’d up Braves style on ifa. Interested to see what comes out of it. What prospects are they forced to let go etc.
        Maybe this is why Miami has been looking for IFA cash?(They can still add 2 million)

Rumor is its about 2015 class however

From the Dodgers’ huge 2015-16 IFA class: Yadier Alvarez (16MM) **Yusniel Diaz (15.5MM) Omar Estevez (6MM) Starling Heredia (2.6MM) **Yordan Alvarez (2MM) **Ronny Brito (2MM) **Oneil Cruz (950K) **Christopher Arias (500K) Carlos Rincon (350K)

Alvarez/Estevez/Heredia/Rincon only ones left in system

More likely just ban LAD from signing guys for 2 years but would be nice to get some of their guys

- - - - - - - - - -

Maybe they will wait till March/April to announce and we can sign Alvarez/Estevez with July 2019 $$$$

Comment

• Interesting things on LAD/IFA thing.

Some BIG names who could be affected are Alvarez/Estevez/Heredia/Keibert Ruiz(Guys from 2015-2017 seem to be affected).LAD might trade these guys BEFORE the decision to get something in return

If they are FA it would be like Atlanta where u can use IFA Cash for next year to sign them. So 5 million+ for next year(Plus we can add more after July 2) and still can add 2 million this year,we would have!!!

Comment

• Rosenthal says we are a team to watch for teams that are trying to get rid of a bad contract(1-3 years)

We are telling teams we will take the contract BUT want prospects,picks,IFA cash as well

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              Rosenthal says we are a team to watch for teams that are trying to get rid of a bad contract(1-3 years)

We are telling teams we will take the contract BUT want prospects,picks,IFA cash as well
              Personally, I don't think the Marlins want to add to the current team payroll. The other way to add quality prospects and perhaps IFA cash is to pay existing contracts of Realmuto, Castro, Straily, for example, and trade them to cash starved teams like Oakland, Cleveland, Tampa Bay, MLW in order to maximize the return.

Comment

• Have we signed Manny Machado yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                  Apparently dodgers f’d up Braves style on ifa. Interested to see what comes out of it. What prospects are they forced to let go etc.
                  Where'd you see this? I googled it and can't find anything on it.

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  Interesting things on LAD/IFA thing.

Some BIG names who could be affected are Alvarez/Estevez/Heredia/Keibert Ruiz(Guys from 2015-2017 seem to be affected).LAD might trade these guys BEFORE the decision to get something in return

If they are FA it would be like Atlanta where u can use IFA Cash for next year to sign them. So 5 million+ for next year(Plus we can add more after July 2) and still can add 2 million this year,we would have!!!
                  If there's a judgment coming from MLB involving those players, why would they be allowed to trade them? Obviously it's too late for the ones already traded, but it makes no sense to me that MLB would allow them to trade players which are supposedly about to be taken away from the organization? No?

Comment

• Pretty crazy how little we've done this offseason. I can't remember an offseason like this. What's the most significant move we've made? Getting rid of Barraclough and Dietrich for basically nothing?

- - - - - - - - - -

I guess maybe the Victor Victor thing is considered during the offseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                      Pretty crazy how little we've done this offseason. I can't remember an offseason like this. What's the most significant move we've made? Getting rid of Barraclough and Dietrich for basically nothing?

- - - - - - - - - -

I guess maybe the Victor Victor thing is considered during the offseason.
                      Yeah. It feels extremely slow...but then again there has been very little done by any team really. Everyone seems to be waiting on Harper and Machado. There are still a ton of free agents available.

MLB really needs to do something to fix it's offseason issue. One thought: maybe letting teams trade draft picks in the first 5-10 rounds or something would help spur action. Every other sport makes the offseason a must-follow event. NBA and NFL free agency is big news that lasts about a week (the NHL is the same). MLB seems to be content to let months go by with nothing happening...even when 2 of the sports biggest names are involved. It's a huge missed opportunity. I'm not exactly sure when the MLB offseason started to be so boring (the winter meetings used to be fun), but I feel like Scott Boras is to blame somehow...
                      Last edited by fauowls44; 01-21-2019, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post

If there's a judgment coming from MLB involving those players, why would they be allowed to trade them? Obviously it's too late for the ones already traded, but it makes no sense to me that MLB would allow them to trade players which are supposedly about to be taken away from the organization? No?

Dan Federico
                        ‏ @DanJFederico
                        Jan 19

Hearing rumblings that Major League Baseball has found that the Los Angeles Dodgers are in violation of rules involving the international free agency market. There is word they will get penalized similar to what the Atlanta Braves received a year ago

72 replies 397 retweets 1,037 likes

Lots of Dodger fans are talking about it.

Because they still control the player until the ruling comes down

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                        Yeah. It feels extremely slow...but then again there has been very little done by any team really. Everyone seems to be waiting on Harper and Machado. There are still a ton of free agents available.

MLB really needs to do something to fix it's offseason issue. One thought: maybe letting teams trade draft picks in the first 5-10 rounds or something would help spur action. Every other sport makes the offseason a must-follow event. NBA and NFL free agency is big news that lasts about a week (the NHL is the same). MLB seems to be content to let months go by with nothing happening...even when 2 of the sports biggest names are involved. It's a huge missed opportunity. I'm not exactly sure when the MLB offseason started to be so boring (the winter meetings used to be fun), but I feel like Scott Boras is to blame somehow...
                        Everyone is waiting on Harper,Machado,SP trades. No one wants to sign a FA (Keuchel for 100 million) when u can trade for Kluber

Agents are to blame-they all want 7/100 million dollar deals for EVERYONE then when they don't get them they cry that Miami/Pitt/TB are cheap

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                        Personally, I don't think the Marlins want to add to the current team payroll. The other way to add quality prospects and perhaps IFA cash is to pay existing contracts of Realmuto, Castro, Straily, for example, and trade them to cash starved teams like Oakland, Cleveland, Tampa Bay, MLW in order to maximize the return.
                        Ya they really don't want to add to the payroll(in Lee's opinion) BUT they are telling teams they WILL add to it if IFA Cash/Picks/Prospects are attached

Comment

• Getting a guy like Carlos Santana makes a ton of sense given his contract if we can squeeze a prospect or 2 out of it. We need a 1b, his contract isnt very long although the money is significant the next 2 years, and it will be a good opportunity to do what good teams like the dodgers and others have done in spending money for useful short term pieces to both fill a hole and add to the system. I'd be for it or other similar type moves.

Comment

If u follow rumors lately it seems LAD is in on everyone(Abreu,Kluber,Marte,JT) and they are willing to talk on guys like Alvarez,Ruiz,Heredia,Estevez. Pretty much any IFA between 2015-17 they talk on so not sure

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              Dan Federico
                              ‏ @DanJFederico
                              Jan 19

Hearing rumblings that Major League Baseball has found that the Los Angeles Dodgers are in violation of rules involving the international free agency market. There is word they will get penalized similar to what the Atlanta Braves received a year ago

72 replies 397 retweets 1,037 likes

Lots of Dodger fans are talking about it.

Because they still control the player until the ruling comes down
                              Wouldn't MLB have to step in, though and veto a trade of them regardless of controlling the player if they knew a ruling involving them was on the horizon? It equates to "we got caught, hide the evidence" for the Dodgers. So they cheat/break the international rules, and once caught, are allowed to still be rewarded for those players by trading them? Obviously future drafts will be impacted.

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                              Getting a guy like Carlos Santana makes a ton of sense given his contract if we can squeeze a prospect or 2 out of it. We need a 1b, his contract isnt very long although the money is significant the next 2 years, and it will be a good opportunity to do what good teams like the dodgers and others have done in spending money for useful short term pieces to both fill a hole and add to the system. I'd be for it or other similar type moves.
                              He's with the Indians now, who wanted him. This was talking about trading for him before that swap happened. The Mariners do have Encarnacion now, though.

Comment

Wouldn't MLB have to step in, though and veto a trade of them regardless of controlling the player if they knew a ruling involving them was on the horizon? It equates to "we got caught, hide the evidence" for the Dodgers. So they cheat/break the international rules, and once caught, are allowed to still be rewarded for those players by trading them? Obviously future drafts will be impacted.

He's with the Indians now, who wanted him. This was talking about trading for him before that swap happened. The Mariners do have Encarnacion now, though.
                                No clue/I don't think anyone knows what will happen. Just saying LAD seems to be willing discuss names that are in the middle of this and just traded Brito to Toronto(was rumored name that was in it) so obviously MLB hasn't stepped in

Comment

Working...
                                X