This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lou View Post
    I think Alcantara is that too and I was ranking them as RP, albeit potentially really good ones. I think a potentially elite RP, like a Seranthony Dominguez, will outweigh most true "#3/4" SP types. I'll take 65 elite innings over 180 pretty good ones given the amount relievers are now making in free agency. We'd all take a Dominguez over a slightly better Urena type basically, hence my thought process.
    Guzman and Yamamoto are RP in my eyes and Sandy is a #3. Could change this year on all 3

Comment

• Will Leitch of MLB.com released a bold prediction article. One of his bold predictions is Brinson will be in the 2019 All Star game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
        Will Leitch of MLB.com released a bold prediction article. One of his bold predictions is Brinson will be in the 2019 All Star game.
        That's bold, for sure. Brinson's own mother wouldn't stick her neck out that far.

Interesting that none of you give Dustin Beggs a whiff of your top ten. What he accomplished last season, through three levels, was extraordinary. My top five or six would all be pitchers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
          Interesting that none of you give Dustin Beggs a whiff of your top ten. What he accomplished last season, through three levels, was extraordinary. My top five or six would all be pitchers.
          24/25 year old 16th round pick mowing down guys in Greensboro (recent draft picks like Scott and Osiris ended up at this level at 18) and Jupiter. 25 good innings end of the year in Jacksonville. Didn't make FG top 32, nor honorable mentions (guys like Eveld made those), or MLB pipeline top 30. I mean, I don't hate Beggs, he turned into someone we should be aware about last year, but last year wasn't extraordinary at all. It's what a half decent 24/25 year old should be doing to guys he is 3-5 years older then. How many times should we say this? In best light, he might sneak into the top 40.

We shall wait in horror for the list and pray Sixto is #1.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          Will Leitch of MLB.com released a bold prediction article. One of his bold predictions is Brinson will be in the 2019 All Star game.
          I had to go and find the article as that's silly. I was hoping to make a joke he was going to be someone's waterboy in the HR derby, but then realized no one on the Marlins is hitting 20 HR besides maybe Brinsonn

Comment

• If Beggs has a year of sub 3 ERA at AA/AAA this year then we can talk about him being a prospect.

Comment

• My top 10 right now is probably:

1. Sixto
              2. Neidert
              3. Alcantara
              4. Monte
              5. VVM
              6. Diaz
              7. Scott
              8. Garrett
              9. Gallen
              10. could be like 10 different guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                If Beggs has a year of sub 3 ERA at AA/AAA this year then we can talk about him being a prospect.
                That's the problem here. I'm seeing Alcantara, who will turn 24 this year, high on all your lists. Where's that sub 3 ERA at double and triple A you are talking about? No Marlin starter in the minor leagues has achieved that. Beggs is a comer.
                Last edited by Lee Stone; 03-26-2019, 01:14 PM.

Comment

That's the problem here. I'm seeing Alcantara, who will turn 24 this year, high on all your lists. Where's that sub 3 ERA at double and triple A you are talking about? No Marlin starter in the minor leagues has achieved that. Beggs is a comer.
                  He will turn 24 in September. He spent all of his 22 season at AAA and his stuff clearly held its own. He obviously has to improve the command but if you cant see why he is viewed as the better prospect thats on you.

Comment

Alcantara's over 2 years younger than Beggs and spent all of last year between AAA and the Majors. While Beggs was mostly in Low and High A-Ball, with a taste of AA. That's a huge difference.

Comment

• Sixto is what, a year younger than Yamamoto? In similar innings at A+ ball last season, Yamamoto's performance was better in every measurable way. I rate the acuality of performance far more than pie in the sky. That's on me.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                      Alcantara's over 2 years younger than Beggs and spent all of last year between AAA and the Majors. While Beggs was mostly in Low and High A-Ball, with a taste of AA. That's a huge difference.
                      And Alcantara has played far more baseball and had many more years of pro coaching than Beggs. Just sayin'.

Comment

Absolutely ridiculous and deceptive use of numbers. Alcantara will turn 24 "after" the near entirety of the season this year. This is his age 23 season. Beggs was 24 for 2/3rds of last year, and 25 for the remainder with a summer birthday. Beggs is basically 2+ years older than him.

Alcantara - next year in 2020 - would blow the fuck away A/A+/AA, which is where Beggs was/is in his development last year.

To date, Alcantara has pitched around 350 innings at higher levels than Beggs and hasn't been overmatched. That is more innings than Beggs has thrown as a professional. And we're worried about a sub 3 ERA (because Beggs sample size of 110 IP last year against low competition is projectable?) when Alcantara was moved levels aggressively to challenge him because it would be stupid to just let him throw fastballs against single A kids who would have no chance against him?

Comment

Sixto is what, a year younger than Yamamoto? In similar innings at A+ ball last season, Yamamoto's performance was better in every measurable way. I rate the acuality of performance far more than pie in the sky. That's on me.

- - - - - - - - - -

And Alcantara has played far more baseball and had many more years of pro coaching than Beggs. Just sayin'.
                          Sixto is over 2 years younger than Yamamoto.

Alcantara's played far more baseball? May be true, but not sure you could prove it. If pro coaching meant so much, no one would ever draft college players. College prospects are supposed to move quickly and spend less time in the minors.

Comment

Sixto is what, a year younger than Yamamoto? In similar innings at A+ ball last season, Yamamoto's performance was better in every measurable way. I rate the acuality of performance far more than pie in the sky. That's on me.
                            Two full years. At the same age, Yamamoto threw a 3.82 era in A ball and Sixto a 2.51 ERA in A+ ball, albeit small sample size due to injury.

What do you think Sixto would have done in Greensboro last year? Better than a 3.82 era? That's your question Lee. How many times must we do this?

Comment

• Beggs could turn out to be a Trevor Richards type, a late bloomer, I don't know, they seem to have a similar trajectory, but even Richards was about 2 years ahead of Beggs in his development.

Comment

• Lee’s hooks are catching a lot of fish, if you will, today.

Comment

Working...
                                X