This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Any subscribers to The Athletic? I'd like to see a synopsis of the Bowden piece that was published an hour ago. Five prospective Realmuto deals. https://theathletic.com/638551/2018/...at-make-sense/

Nevermind. Read it myself. 1) To Houston for Josh James and Tony Kemp 2) To Colorado for nothing 3) Atlanta for a couple pitching prospects 4) Nats for Robles 5) Dodgers for Verdugo and May.

Robles would be great, but of course not happening. Dodger deal w/o Ruiz or Will Smith doesn't work at all. The others are ridiculous.
    He got the teams right but that is about it.

Wash-Robles could be in the deal IF Wash resigns Harper but Miami wants MORE than just him
    Atl-Miami wants bats in deal and Atlanta has Riley(they wont trade),Pache(OF) and Contreras only.
    Colorado-Rodgers plus LOTS more
    LAD-Actually LAD offer of Verdugo,May,other plus Connor Wong as the C might work for Miami
    Houston-Miami likes Josh James as well as Martin. Issue is James is like 25/26 already and is NOT a centerpiece. Alvarez/Martin/Kemp plus more maybe

Teams talking on JT remain the same-Wash/Atl/LAD/Colorado/Arizona/Houston/TB/NYY

TB is still the dark horse team in alot of eyes

JT market will pick up alot by the Winter Meetings. Also YES Miami would love a young C in a JT deal but its not a major concern because there are 2 in the draft this year. If u take Rutschman or Langliers they could possibly be ready by 2021. Miami wants TALENT 1 big time arm and bats in a JT deal
    Last edited by tjfla; 11-07-2018, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      He got the teams right but that is about it.

Wash-Robles could be in the deal IF Wash resigns Harper but Miami wants MORE than just him
      Atl-Miami wants bats in deal and Atlanta has Riley(they wont trade),Pache(OF) and Contreras only.
      Colorado-Rodgers plus LOTS more
      LAD-Actually LAD offer of Verdugo,May,other plus Connor Wong as the C might work for Miami
      Houston-Miami likes Josh James as well as Martin. Issue is James is like 25/26 already and is NOT a centerpiece. Alvarez/Martin/Kemp plus more maybe

Teams talking on JT remain the same-Wash/Atl/LAD/Colorado/Arizona/Houston/TB/NYY

TB is still the dark horse team in alot of eyes

JT market will pick up alot by the Winter Meetings
      I may be unduly concerned, but the fact that the Marlins are my summer entertainment makes me that way. I think the failure to move Realmuto at or before last year's deadline was a mistake. His huge first half needed to be taken advantage of. To be perfectly honest, JT's post all star game numbers were downright crappy. Matt Weiters outhit him by a mile.

Comment

I may be unduly concerned, but the fact that the Marlins are my summer entertainment makes me that way. I think the failure to move Realmuto at or before last year's deadline was a mistake. His huge first half needed to be taken advantage of. To be perfectly honest, JT's post all star game numbers were downright crappy. Matt Weiters outhit him by a mile.
        Not really a mistake because the market went from like 4 teams to like 10 teams. Yes they rejected Robles plus more for JT 2 times but I had no issues since it wasn't like they were overpaying. He will be dealt at the Winter Meetings for pretty much the same

The "mistake" was NOT trade the RP at the deadline. All 3 lost value

Comment

• Craig Mish

Verified account

@CraigMish
          Following Following @CraigMish
          More
          Sources indicate the Braves have a strong offer on the table for Marlins All Star Catcher J.T. Realmuto. MIA may prefer him dealt outside of NL East, but at this point team is operating as though a trade is likely to happen.

7:10 AM - 7 Nov 2018

- - - - - - - - - -

Craig Mish

Verified account

@CraigMish
          More
          Sources also indicate Marlins are asking price on Realmuto is a high end young pitching prospect and a position player. A potential two for one.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
            Craig Mish

Verified account

@CraigMish
            More
            Sources indicate the Braves have a strong offer on the table for Marlins All Star Catcher J.T. Realmuto. MIA may prefer him dealt outside of NL East, but at this point team is operating as though a trade is likely to happen.

- - - - - - - - - -

Craig Mish

Verified account

@CraigMish
            More
            Sources also indicate Marlins are asking price on Realmuto is a high end young pitching prospect and a position player. A potential two for one.
            I'd rather have Camargo than Riley or Pache. Camargo's not an ideal defensive SS, but can really hit. His 20 HR there would work nicely. Realmuto and Rojas for Camargo, Anderson/Soroka, and Contreras. If ATL doesn't want Rojas, Marlins add Prado and pay his entire damn salary.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
              Craig Mish

Verified account

@CraigMish
              More

- - - - - - - - - -

Craig Mish

Verified account

@CraigMish
              More
              Like been saying.

Want 1 Big Time Arm(in their eyes)

Colorado-Lambert
              Arizona-Widener
              Houston-Martin
              Atlanta-Soroka/Ian Anderson(FO is split)
              TB-They like 3 or 4 guys
              Oak-Luzardo
              LAD-May

As for the "asking" price they would prefer that but will also take a 4 for 1 or 2 offer like the Yelich deal. Also IF an NL East team wants him they have to OVERPAY. No clue what the Atlanta offer is but I could see

Atl-JT
              Miami-Soroka OR Anderson OR Wright/Wentz OR Muller/Contreras

Washington they want a 2 for 1 with Robles and Kieboom

People keep saying Atlanta WILL trade Austin Riley(I have heard Untouchable but never know) if true

Atl-JT
              Miami-Sorokka OR Anderson OR Wright/Riley/Ricardo Sanchez/Alex Jackson
              Last edited by tjfla; 11-07-2018, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• I'd much prefer Kyle Tucker and a pitcher to Austin Riley and a pitcher. Speak up, Houston!

Comment

I'd much prefer Kyle Tucker and a pitcher to Austin Riley and a pitcher. Speak up, Houston!
                  Well u get a BETTER pitcher with Atlanta in any deal but the Marlins prefer that too. They really want a big time bat but nice to have options

Comment

• The deals suggested by Bowden in that article were horrific.

Comment

• Something about Austin Riley has scared me. I’ve get he’s been overrated in the prospect community. Then again he’s also been very young for the levels he’s played at.
                      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• The Marlins desperately need people who can smash the baseball, right? Or have I been following along closely to the wrong team? Atlanta is deep in pitching, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                          Something about Austin Riley has scared me. I’ve get he’s been overrated in the prospect community. Then again he’s also been very young for the levels he’s played at.
                          He can hit/has power and plays a solid 3B. I would like him more if we didn't have BA at 3B but overall is a solid prospect who will be 22 next year

Unless Atlanta's offer is 2 arms(1 Top 3 and 1 Wentz/Muller),Riley and Alex Jackson I would likely pass. U don't trade JT in the division unless u get alot!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                            The Marlins desperately need people who can smash the baseball, right? Or have I been following along closely to the wrong team? Atlanta is deep in pitching, no?
                            They have both. We need hitters but we also need top end young arms. Getting one of Wright/Anderson/Soroka/Touki + Riley + Contreras would be a great deal for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                              The Marlins desperately need people who can smash the baseball, right? Or have I been following along closely to the wrong team? Atlanta is deep in pitching, no?
                              Marlins desperately need TALENT. They prefer bats but Atlanta's arms are very solid and u never can have to many arms.

I don't think they will do a deal with Atlanta but its a solid option especially to say to other teams they have a backup option

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                              They have both. We need hitters but we also need top end young arms. Getting one of Wright/Anderson/Soroka/Touki + Riley + Contreras would be a great deal for us.
                              If they get that then jump on it quickly!! Very doubtful

Comment

• Brian Anderson will always be a candidate for 2B - his bat would play best there.

Comment

Working...
                                X