Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lets go. so excited for this to be over and see what we have and can move on. cant have JT at fanfest saturday so you figured this had to end before then. I need sixto in any deal though. Medina isnt a bad prospect but i see him as a #2 type ceiling, just a little short of sixto's ceiling as the ace we need.

What is the deal with alfaro, btw? He has 5 years of team control left and supposedly has a rocket of an arm behind the plate. he isnt anything special with the bat and doesnt walk at all but at a scarce position he is really solid addition at a position of need for cheap. Has decent power. id much prefer him as a cheap option going forward at Catcher to barhnart. Why does it seem like alfaro is not viewed as a long term starter now by some?

- - - - - - - - - -

alfaro on the low end reminds me of a better defensively miguel olivo

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      lets go. so excited for this to be over and see what we have and can move on. cant have JT at fanfest saturday so you figured this had to end before then. I need sixto in any deal though. Medina isnt a bad prospect but i see him as a #2 type ceiling, just a little short of sixto's ceiling as the ace we need.

What is the deal with alfaro, btw? He has 5 years of team control left and supposedly has a rocket of an arm behind the plate. he isnt anything special with the bat and doesnt walk at all but at a scarce position he is really solid addition at a position of need for cheap. Has decent power. id much prefer him as a cheap option going forward at Catcher to barhnart. Why does it seem like alfaro is not viewed as a long term starter now by some?
      Alfaro was big time prospect who hasn't been much of anything in majors. Has power but nothing special with bat but hits some. Defense is OK and is only 25 so worth a look for few years.

Talking at least 3 deals at this point which is why no one seems to know who is in it but Alfaro

Comment

• Craig Mish

Verified account

@CraigMish
        Following Following @CraigMish
        More
        I’m a little unclear on where the Braves stand on all of this today. I know at one point they offered the Marlins what would be considered the “highest rated” system prospect to Miami. It’s possible today that offer has been topped.
        of course this happens on nba trade deadline day after months of little news

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
          lets go. so excited for this to be over and see what we have and can move on. cant have JT at fanfest saturday so you figured this had to end before then. I need sixto in any deal though. Medina isnt a bad prospect but i see him as a #2 type ceiling, just a little short of sixto's ceiling as the ace we need.

.406 BABIP and his batting average was .262. He whiffed 36% of the time. That is an under .200 average coming fast. I'd much prefer Barnhart - and it's not close. Their projections (ignoring fan projections) on FG are .8 WAR for Alfaro and 2 WAR for Barnhart. Obviously a huge difference there.

I don't "hate" Alfaro, but he just has to be valued as a 1 WAR backup. I think that is fair given he is objectively good defensively and obviously there is upside with the bat as he did make 2018 happen, even if that isn't likely sustainable at the rate he did it.

- - - - - - - - - -

He's a throw in.

It's Sixto plus some FV45 and Alfaro, or a Medina/Bohm combo with a better third player in the deal. Elite prospect or the better 2nd/3rd players endless offseason debate.

Comment

• oel Sherman
            ‏Verified account @Joelsherman1

Hearing #Phillies are making strong inroads toward Realmuto. If it gets done Sixto Sanchez and Jorge Alfaro are said to be key pieces. Third pieces discussed include Mickey Moniak, Adam Haseley, Adonis Medina. Heard it is NOT at the finish line yet. Still working #Marlins

Comment

• Joel Sherman

Verified account

@Joelsherman1
              57s57 seconds ago
              More
              Hearing #Phillies are making strong inroads toward Realmuto. If it gets done Sixto Sanchez and Jorge Alfaro are said to be key pieces. Third pieces discussed include Mickey Moniak, Adam Haseley, Adonis Medina. Heard it is NOT at the finish line yet. Still working #Marlins
              Give me sixto, alfaro, haseley or medina and a lower level guy

Comment

• Guess its the 1st deal

Sixto/Alfaro/OF/low level prospect. I would take Haseley over Moniak

Comment

• Alfaro has the distinction of whiffing at an incredible 41% rate.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                    Guess its the 1st deal

No chance the OF is Williams? Given the lack of power in the system, they could use his bat.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                      No chance the OF is Williams? Given the lack of power in the system, they could use his bat.
                      It could be like said I just heard its an OF. They like Williams/Quinn/Haseley. I was responding to Sherman saying Haseley or Moniak

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                        Guess its the 1st deal

The math makes sense with Haseley and assuming your low level is a FV40 true throw in. Moniak you'd get a better 4th player.

Realmuto and Conley/Straily

Sixto, Haseley, Alfaro, FV40 (Ranger Suarez? Will Stewart? They have a lot of upside lefties)

Math works out

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                          Alfaro has the distinction of whiffing at an incredible 41% rate.
                          Well look if Philly has an 26 yr olds in Rookie Ball hitting .300

They need a C and Alfaro is serviceable
                          Last edited by tjfla; 02-07-2019, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• id love haseley or bohm as the 2nd piece after sixto. that would be phenomenal

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                              The math makes sense with Haseley and assuming your low level is a FV40 true throw in. Moniak you'd get a better 4th player.

Realmuto and Conley/Straily

Sixto, Haseley, Alfaro, FV40 (Ranger Suarez? Will Stewart? They have a lot of upside lefties)

Math works out
                              Ya seems to be

Sixto(Hope his arm is good)/OF(?)/Alfaro/low level and/or IFA Cash

So pretty much deal they thought had with Cincy(better SP,worse bat) for last Tuesday before they got Greene's medicals

Greene/India/Barnhart

- - - - - - - - - -

Joel Sherman
                              ‏Verified account @Joelsherman1

#Marlins preference initially was not to trade Realmuto within NL East, but also don’t want to go to spring training with issue dominating and want to clarify b4 camps open. #Phillies

Again if Philly or Atlanta was NOT in NL East this deal would have been done in November. Miami pretty much asked Philly for this "overpay" deal then but Philly passed cause no clue about FA, Now they will get JT and likely sign Harper

Comment

• Bob Nightengale

Verified account

@BNightengale
                                3s4 seconds ago
                                More
                                Two of the rival teams previously involved in trade talks with the #Marlins for catcher J.T. Realmuto now expect the #Phillies to land him. Catcher Jorge Alfaro will definitely be in the deal, and possibly Sixto Sanchez, too.
                                finally this is actually coming to an end. interested to see if us getting sixto negates getting another really good prospect as well as alfaro

Comment

Working...
                                X