This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
    We already have Austin Dean (both Austins had similar ab in same league last year) and don't need a 3B. It's where Anderson needs to be.
    you're helpless. Great idea, lets not get a top 50 prospect because we have austin dean and brian anderson (who has positional versatility). Lets not take into account power numbers and the fact that 1 is 4 years older than the other.

Comment

or how about taking Flowers instead of Contreras?
      Anderson, Waters, B. Wilson, and Flowers would work if you chuck in Conley and an ATL FV40

Comment

• I went to the ballpark today on a "VIP tour" that they called offering last week. Things are looking great around the ballpark. The blue color on the walls look amazing. I ended up getting season tickets for 20 games ($10) each plus a lot of perks.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
          Anderson, Waters, B. Wilson, and Flowers would work if you chuck in Conley and an ATL FV40
          I feel like this eventually gets done with Riley, Anderson, and a 3rd lesser guy for JT and one of the relievers. makes too much sense for both sides not to make the move eventually.

Comment

• Originally posted by gustavopim View Post
            I went to the ballpark today on a "VIP tour" that they called offering last week. Things are looking great around the ballpark. The blue color on the walls look amazing. I ended up getting season tickets for 20 games ($10) each plus a lot of perks.
            Did the tour attract a big turnout?

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              Of course youd prefer some other 26 year old non prospect like JD davis but say no to austin riley. the guy is one of the best 3b prospects in baseball and is MLB ready.

- - - - - - - - - -

Mish said last week that we were asking for Riley, Anderson, and then a 3rd prospect.
              Thats actually what Atlanta is offering while we want Riley,Anderson AND either Inciarte(No Chance),Swanson,Newcomb

This is why Mish keeps saying Atlanta is the fave even tho everyone else thinks they are OUT on him. He thinks eventually Miami will say fine Riley/Anderson/Touki OR Wilson OR Wentz

Miami wants Riley AND Ian Anderson

- - - - - - - - - -

Atlanta/Houston/Cincy/TB/SD are all still in on JT

TB,Cincy only 1 guy away(TB-Sanchez Cincy-Senzel,India,Greene with Trammell)
              Houston-Tucker is in deal they are still fighting over Pitchers in deal with Miami wanting Martin/Perez/James and Houston offering JB/Javier type
              SD-Still talking but SD has about 5 deals with other teams too with same prospects

LAD can jump in anytime with an offer of Bellinger OR Verdugo/Ruiz/Jeter Downs and get a deal done quick

Miami is in NO rush with the thought being JT market will be the same in March and even better once FA sign-they are sticking to guns and price is still high

Comment

• Should note on Braves deal. Miami likes Riley BUT wish he was a SS or OF and not a 3B. They prefer BA at 3B however its not really a big deal with the thinking being this.

Best Case

3B-Riley
                RF-BA

1B-BA
                3B-Riley
                RF-Brinson

and if Riley struggles at 3B then flip him to 1B

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  Thats actually what Atlanta is offering while we want Riley,Anderson AND either Inciarte(No Chance),Swanson,Newcomb

This is why Mish keeps saying Atlanta is the fave even tho everyone else thinks they are OUT on him. He thinks eventually Miami will say fine Riley/Anderson/Touki OR Wilson OR Wentz

Miami wants Riley AND Ian Anderson

- - - - - - - - - -

Atlanta/Houston/Cincy/TB/SD are all still in on JT

TB,Cincy only 1 guy away(TB-Sanchez Cincy-Senzel,India,Greene with Trammell)
                  Houston-Tucker is in deal they are still fighting over Pitchers in deal with Miami wanting Martin/Perez/James and Houston offering JB/Javier type
                  SD-Still talking but SD has about 5 deals with other teams too with same prospects

LAD can jump in anytime with an offer of Bellinger OR Verdugo/Ruiz/Jeter Downs and get a deal done quick

Miami is in NO rush with the thought being JT market will be the same in March and even better once FA sign-they are sticking to guns and price is still high
                  They shouldn't have to lower the price at all...but it's March now? They need to make this trade before spring training. It's best for everyone involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                    They shouldn't have to lower the price at all...but it's March now? They need to make this trade before spring training. It's best for everyone involved.
                    No just saying they think they can trade him anytime BEFORE ST and get top dollar. Teams are waiting us out hoping price comes down

99.999999% JT will NOT be here in 2019 so Miami can wait till ST if they want. The new team and JT will be at disadvantage
                    Last edited by tjfla; 01-09-2019, 08:31 AM.

Comment

I went to the ballpark today on a "VIP tour" that they called offering last week. Things are looking great around the ballpark. The blue color on the walls look amazing. I ended up getting season tickets for 20 games ($10) each plus a lot of perks.
                      What area are you in for $10/game?

Comment

• Svihlik interview

https://beyondthebases.mlblogs.com/m...s-3bdeb3e29eef

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                          What area are you in for $10/game?
                          Right under the budwaiser bar. It was actually $13 per ticket, but with the added tickets it came down to $10.

Lee, it was a "private" tour with one of their salesman, but while I was there with my dad there was three other families also touring the ballpark with other sales people.

Comment

• Out of curiosity (and boredom) I looked through the lists of all the F/V 55 prospects from 2013-2015, just to see how many become solid ML contributors. Off the cuff, I'd say 20% became good or better regulars, 30% made the bigs with no real impact, and 50% didn't amount to a hill of shit for whatever reason, incl. injuries. It's a crapshoot.

Sanchez was listed as a Marlin target from TB (by tjfla). I think Brujan is the better centerpiece, with B Lowe, Ronaldo Hernandez and a 45 pitcher. I think a star in the MI is important. For the same reason, Lux should be a priority over Verdugo, along with Ruiz and a decent pitcher like Caleb Ferguson or no deal. Again, an impact MI and catcher.

I'd just as soon tell the Braves to suck wind. Astros too.
                            Last edited by Lee Stone; 01-09-2019, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Out of curiosity (and boredom) I looked through the lists of all the F/V 55 prospects from 2013-2015, just to see how many become solid ML contributors. Off the cuff, I'd say 20% became good or better regulars, 30% made the bigs with no real impact, and 50% didn't amount to a hill of shit for whatever reason, incl. injuries. It's a crapshoot.
                              Which is why FV50/55 prospects get valued on an average surplus value level in the $20-45s millions of dollars. The ones that make it into solid starters turn into $60+ million assets on club controlled contracts and the ones that fail are $0.

Comment

Right under the budwaiser bar. It was actually $13 per ticket, but with the added tickets it came down to $10.

Lee, it was a "private" tour with one of their salesman, but while I was there with my dad there was three other families also touring the ballpark with other sales people.
                                Wait, in the new SRO area? or in that left part above the bullpen?

Comment

Working...
                                X