Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garrett is the guy who is rightfully being undervalued but who will skyrocket if he returns healthy

Comment

• Dude please calm the fuck down on how great our farm system is.

When we have a farm like the Rays, Blue Jays or Astros then we can talk about how fantastic our farm and process is.

No one on this forum is saying we didn’t need a rebuild.

But right now we have zero players in the MLB Top 100 players and one prospect on Fangraphs Top 100 prospects.

The 2 year forecast is still joke of the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
        Baseball America has us at 13 for farm system rankings. They have the same viewpoint as me that this front office despite the criticism has done a fantastic job of replenishing the depth in our system. And that’s without any draft picks from this regime based on their actual results given that our mid first rounder last year was based in the results from the year before they took over. We will have a top 4 pick this year and then likely again next year. This is being built the right way and it is why I’ve always been optimistic and never wavered about the job they have done since they took over. Not every prospect will work out but process is always the most important thing when it comes to team building and we are finally being built the right way

- - - - - - - - - -

and i really think that our system has the possibility of rising to top 10 and maybe top 5 by this time next year given we will have a t op 5 pick and then we have so many guys returning from injuries/making their first impression in the minors like Garrett, Rogers, Holloway, Scott, Banfield, Johnson, the mesa's, will stewart, etc. this farm system has a ton of room for growth.

people focus on that top 100 list and its arbitrary cut off but we have a ton of guys in the 100-150-175 range which is also incredibly important to build an all around good team. guys like Isan, Gallen, Neidert, etc might never be star type guys but they are critical to the building of a healthy and sustainable organization and we are well on the way to doing that.
        We will be TOP 10 by Winter Meetings however will be Mid 20's by Trade Deadline as all of our top guys are ready

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by lou View Post
        Here's another fun one, and follow me here:

Chen - 2/$49 with the deferrals (payable over 3 years $16-$17-$16).

Ellsbury - 2/$47 ($21-$21+$5 buyout)

This helps the Yankees by getting money off 2019-2020 for luxury tax purposes. They can pay Bryce or Machado more basically right away.

This gets $16 million off Marlins 2021 payroll, which if we follow the math, they'll easy have 20+ players on club controlled deals for $30-35 million without Chen (and such number includes Urena, Conley, and Steckenrider). They could spend a FUCKING FORTUNE on 3-4 guys. Who cares about 19-20 payroll going up $5 and $9 respectively versus Chen.

For right now, this fills the "no other CF" void (if Ellsbury doesn't refuse to play).

Regardless, the biggest incentive here is to get Chen's money off 2021. That alone is worth it.

He has to waive a no trade, but I'd flat out tell Ellsbury we'll release you. Pay him $47 million to never play for the Marlins to get money off 2021.
        I was thinking same thing however Ellsbury has NO Trade and is "hurt" too. Not sure how it would work.

As for CF spot. They probably end up looking at DFA market before they do anything

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          We will be TOP 10 by Winter Meetings however will be Mid 20's by Trade Deadline as all of our top guys are ready

- - - - - - - - - -

I was thinking same thing however Ellsbury has NO Trade and is "hurt" too. Not sure how it would work.

As for CF spot. They probably end up looking at DFA market before they do anything
          Is a RF still a possibility? CarGo is a good fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
            Is a RF still a possibility? CarGo is a good fit.
            Ya they are looking at CarGo for RF issue is he wants to play for a contender in AL as DH/OF and if comes to Miami wants $$$

Thats the issue we are having with most of these guys. They want to play for a contender(even tho will be traded in July). 1/2.5 to 5 million with incentives is what we are offering. KC is getting smart as they are now offering guys 1/2.25 with 2020 option

- - - - - - - - - -

Still in on CarGo/Maldonado/AJ/Norris,Warren/few other vet arms on Invite Deals

To open spot for Romo they 60 Day Fernandez

A name to watch is LoMo. Have talked some to him for Corner OF/1B on Invite Deal. Peter O'Brien needs a big ST to stay on ML roster. I know Neil Walker is better from left side but is switch hitter and Prado will get some time at 1B as well
            Last edited by tjfla; 02-14-2019, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• I'd rather give Cooper and O'Brien AB then Morrison. Those guys have years of club control so let them fly or die. Morrison does nothing for them and as shown by the deadline this year, likely wouldn't even bring back a good arm.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                I'd rather give Cooper and O'Brien AB then Morrison. Those guys have years of club control so let them fly or die. Morrison does nothing for them and as shown by the deadline this year, likely wouldn't even bring back a good arm.
                Same I think its Invite Only type offer. They really want CarGo from what I heard but are looking at guys for Invite Only deals. Already have Pedro Alvarez and few UT types

Just saying O'Brien isn't assured a spot on ML roster. They like his power but have Walker/Prado to play 1B and Cooper too
                Last edited by tjfla; 02-14-2019, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  Same I think its Invite Only type offer. They really want CarGo from what I heard but are looking at guys for Invite Only deals. Already have Pedro Alvarez and few UT types

Just saying O'Brien isn't assured a spot on ML roster. They like his power but have Walker/Prado to play 1B and Cooper too
                  LoMo is better than Alvarez if O'Brien and Cooper suck. That should be the idea with him.

They should just sign all these dudes to MLB contracts and tell them they are going to play and get traded in June/July - Cargo, Maybin, Maldonado, A. Loup.

Cut Prado, put Herrera, Wallach, and Garcia/Quijada in AAA and what an upgrade.

As fish16 would put it, that would be a fantastic bad team (sorry dude, too easy)

Comment

• lol supposedly we're done shopping. Can't wait for Herrera and Sierra to get 50 games in CF this season
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Frisaro's latest says that the Marlins are seemingly done shopping for any of the remaining free agents (other than if there are injuries). Also, they O'Brien isn't going to be trying to win the 1st base job, rather he will be playing RF.

https://www.mlb.com/news/peter-obrie...ns/c-303998176

I'm not sure I buy the fact that they won't add anymore players to the mix, especially since there will be plenty of guys available for Minor League deals.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                      lol supposedly we're done shopping. Can't wait for Herrera and Sierra to get 50 games in CF this season
                      Hill's comments in the article are little more open-ended than Frisaro made it sound. This doesn't sound like they are "DONE SHOPPING!" Like his tweet proclaimed:

"We're always looking to be opportunistic, so we never stop watching the market," Hill said. "We never stop talking to our peers to see if there are opportunities for us to improve or upgrade. In terms of our current group of players, we're extremely happy."
                      Anyway, CF should belong to Brinson. But if he struggles, there aren't great options on the free agent market anyway. I'm more concerned about RF. Sounds like O'Brien will get first shot there, but there are still a number of good FA options out there that could be had for cheap. I don't mind giving O'Brien the opportunity, but I think they could use a guy like CarGo.

Sounds like 1B will be Walker/Cooper/Prado.

I'd still like them to add another veteran RP.
                      Last edited by fauowls44; 02-15-2019, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• I don't understand how Mike Hill could possibly still be employed by us at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                          I don't understand how Mike Hill could possibly still be employed by us at this point.
                          He’s great at speaking to the media.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                            He’s great at speaking to the media.
                            The guy's entire career revolves around the perception that his title is always greater than what he actually does.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                              lol supposedly we're done shopping. Can't wait for Herrera and Sierra to get 50 games in CF this season
                              C - Alfaro, Wallach
                              1B - Walker, Prado
                              2B - Castro
                              SS - Rojas, Riddle
                              3B - Anderson
                              LF - Granderson
                              CF - Brinson, Herrera
                              RF - O'Brien

What's that

Brinson
                              Anderson
                              Castro
                              Walker
                              Alfaro
                              Granderson
                              O'Brien
                              Rojas

Comment

• They've done seemingly everything in their power to wipe away all traces of Loria and Co. with the stadium, the uniforms and the players. They've decried the state of baseball operations and how much of a mess it was in when they took over, and yet the guy who is literally the President of Baseball Operations and has been since 2013, still has that job. I can't possibly be 100% behind what they're doing until that changes. Put your stamp on things guys, have the confidence to put the right people in place, your people.
                                Last edited by Nick; 02-15-2019, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X