X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devin Mesoraco signed with NYM with ST Invite

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
      Alfaro rates pretty well framing pitches.
      He's very good defensively. As mentioned, that BABIP though is comical Juan Pierre on drugs level.

Above average backup, can play him against right handers more than likely. They need a dude who can hit lefties and it's a good platoon.

Comment

• Still trying to figure out other pieces.Could turn in 5 guys for JT as Philly wants to hold onto Medina/Bohm. Philly is offering decent guys but Miami wants better for that #3 spot

Comment

• Jim Bowden

Verified account

@JimBowdenGM
          3s4 seconds ago
          More
          #Phillies #Marlins deal agreed upon. 4 players going to #Marlins including Sanchez and Alfaro in return for Realmuto.

FUCK YES

Comment

• take it to the thread: http://soflamarlins.com/showthread.p...232#post397232
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• sad news coming out that frank robinson died. too young to have seen him play but he might have been the most miserable looking manager for those years he was with the expos and nats.

Comment

• probably the most underrated player in MLB history IMO. Nearly 600 HRs, MVPs in both leagues, triple crown winner

first black manager in both leagues as well
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• Jim Bowden

Verified account

@JimBowdenGM
                  Following Following @JimBowdenGM
                  More
                  Will Stewart going to #Marlins

11:28 AM - 7 Feb 2019

Comment

C-Alfaro/?
                    1B-?
                    2B-Diaz
                    SS-?
                    3B-BA
                    LF-VV/Miller
                    CF-Harrison
                    RF-Brinson

SP-Sixto/Sandy/Neidert/Richards/Pablo/Urena
                    RP-Yamamoto/Merandy/Guzman/Quijada

40-60 Million to spend in FA

Comment

• Rotations

ML-Urena/Chen/Straily/Pablo/Richards/Smith
                      AAA-Sandy/Yamamoto/Merandy/Elieser/Neidert/Gallen
                      AA-Guzman/Beggs/Dugger/Poteet/Mills/Puckett
                      Hi A-Rogers/Sixto/Cabrera/Holloway/Braley/Stewart/Castano
                      Lo A-Garrett/Vallimont/Guerrero/Roberson/Mejia/Culbertson/Howe
                      Rookie-Matt Givin(TJ)/Dakota Bennett/Palacios and other DSL guys

Just saying to "Start" year. Guys will move quick if LY was example of how aggressive Denbo will be and some hopefully will be moved to RP

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                        Rotations

ML-Urena/Chen/Straily/Pablo/Richards/Smith
                        AAA-Sandy/Yamamoto/Merandy/Elieser/Neidert/Gallen
                        AA-Guzman/Beggs/Dugger/Poteet/Mills/Puckett
                        Hi A-Rogers/Sixto/Cabrera/Holloway/Braley/Stewart/Castano
                        Lo A-Garrett/Vallimont/Guerrero/Roberson/Mejia/Culbertson/Howe
                        Rookie-Matt Givin(TJ)/Dakota Bennett/Palacios and other DSL guys

Just saying to "Start" year. Guys will move quick if LY was example of how aggressive Denbo will be and some hopefully will be moved to RP
                        Mish mentioned on a podcast, based on what he’s heard, that he wouldn’t be surprised if Chen ends up in the bullpen. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t. Especially now that we’ve heard Smith will be healthy to start camp. I can’t imagine they give him starts over Richards or López.

Comment

• Originally posted by CWB3 View Post
                          Mish mentioned on a podcast, based on what he’s heard, that he wouldn’t be surprised if Chen ends up in the bullpen. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t. Especially now that we’ve heard Smith will be healthy to start camp. I can’t imagine they give him starts over Richards or López.
                          I think it's keep them all healthy and get to 2020. However they can do that, great.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                            I think it's keep them all healthy and get to 2020. However they can do that, great.
                            Doesn’t it benefit Miami financially to keep Chen’s innings down?

Comment

• Originally posted by CWB3 View Post
                              Doesn’t it benefit Miami financially to keep Chen’s innings down?
                              He needs to throw like 180+ innings next two years for another year to vest, so yes it benefits them to keep his innings down, but practically it's obviously a non issue as he's not approaching that

- - - - - - - - - -

I'd say the benefit is his health. If they can turn him into a 90 IP RP, I bet he'd be pretty good at it over 50 appearances, and then in 2020, if you eat some salary, you probably can move him.

Comment

• tbh I'd have Chen in the bullpen but I could also see them going with a 6 man rotation and figure out things from there. There's always inevitable pitching injuries, going with a 6 man rotation means you don't have to rush someone from AAA (like the old Marlins constantly did).

Comment

Working...
                                X