Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about shipping Barnes to Cleveland and Indians sending Perez or Plawecki to Marlins with another lower arm prospect

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post

LAD-JT/Conley
      CWS-Pederson
      Miami-Ruiz/Jeter Downs/Prospects from BOTH

That's not a very good deal at all. The idea of "quantity" before was two guys in the top 40-80 range. Ruiz falls about in that range, but Downs isn't anywhere close as the 2nd piece. AND the Marlins are adding Conley? I'd hate that deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
        That's not a very good deal at all. The idea of "quantity" before was two guys in the top 40-80 range. Ruiz falls about in that range, but Downs isn't anywhere close as the 2nd piece. AND the Marlins are adding Conley? I'd hate that deal.
        Depends on what "prospects" means but I agree, they should be getting an Alcantara/VVM/Diaz back end top 100 guy for both of them for sure.

Comment

• I’m at the point where I’ve seen enough about the names discussed and our asking price that I’m confident we’ll get an acceptable deal somewhere and I’m just tired of bantering about the same names. Just show me a deal and some names already so we can move on and evaluate where we are after we put the names into our system

- - - - - - - - - -

Random question I could easily look up but I’m on my phone. Was this the off-season Jose was scheduled to hit free agency?

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            Random question I could easily look up but I’m on my phone. Was this the off-season Jose was scheduled to hit free agency?
            Yes

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
              Yes
              So many what if scenarios for what could have happened the last 2 years if he had been here or if we decided to trade him for an enormous package.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                So many what if scenarios for what could have happened the last 2 years if he had been here or if we decided to trade him for an enormous package.
                Sure, but with the people in charge, they'd have probably found a way to screw it up anyway.

Comment

• I think he would have gone to boston for that similar package to Sale with Moncada and Kopech. But would have love to have seen Jose as our ace with Stanton making that run and then Yelich breaking out and all of them actually healthy for the entire year for once.

Comment

• If Jose were on our team in 2017, when Ozuna had his breakout and Stanton hit 59 homers, we still wouldn’t have been a playoff team.
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Once you learn how small the ML success rate is for top 100, even top 30, prospects, it's hard to imagine ever asking for too many in a trade for a quality player like JT. https://www.royalsreview.com/2011/2/...-mlb-prospects

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                        If Jose were on our team in 2017, when Ozuna had his breakout and Stanton hit 59 homers, we still wouldn’t have been a playoff team.
                        Eh, I disagree. Replace that hodge-podge of washed up terrible starting pitching with Jose, and I think we squeeze in. Still via the Wild card, but I think we squeeze in.

Comment

• Jose upgrade over whatever our worst combined pitcher was would have been worth 10 wins? Doubtful
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• Jose, Yelich, Realmuto, and Anderson is 18+ WAR for around $50 million - if they did it right with Jose and Realmuto. Sad considering Castro, Urena, Rojas/Riddle, and bullpen could easily drop another 10+ WAR and only cost another $30 millionish.

Could really be looking at a 30ish WAR team, around $80 million, not including 3 SP and 3 starting position players. Maybe just say 30 WAR/$100 million with Chen.

Sad.

- - - - - - - - - -

And that's not a playoff team but that's $25 million in payroll and some luck with Pablo/Alcantara/Richards/Ca. Smith/etc. from a really really good team

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                              Jose upgrade over whatever our worst combined pitcher was would have been worth 10 wins? Doubtful
                              Here are some starters we rolled out in 2017:

Odrisamir Despaigne Games Started: 8, Record: 2-3
                              Justin Nicolino GS: 8, Record 2-3
                              Chris O'Grady GS:6, 2-1
                              Jeff Locke GS: 7, 0-5
                              Dillon Peters GS: 6, 1-2
                              Tom Koehler, GS:12, 1-5

Comment

• Jose isn't replacing 47 starts by himself, and W-L record doesn't tell you much anyway. I know those guys pitched like garbage, but I don't see Jose adding 10 wins to that team. That team sucked despite an all-time great season from Stanton and an MVP caliber season from Ozuna.

Comment

Working...
                                X