Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verdugo/Ruiz are the ideal centerpieces.
    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
      hard pass on Joc. Verdugo or Bellinger pls
      NO chance on Bellinger but agreed. I would be all over Verdugo/Ruiz/Downs for JT and if LAD want Conley OR Steck they can throw in a SP(Not May) and IFA Cash OR another mid level prospect

I just mention Pederson cause maybe we get him and deal him to CWS who were IN on him(I would NOT keep him)

Could do 3 way

LAD-JT/Conley
      CWS-Pederson
      Miami-Ruiz/Jeter Downs/Prospects from BOTH

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Ralph View Post
      Verdugo/Ruiz are the ideal centerpieces.
      The "ideal" trade is

LAD-JT
      Miami-Verdugo/Ruiz/Jeter Downs

and if LAD wants RP

LAD-JT/Conley OR Steck
      Miami-Verdugo/Ruiz/Jeter Downs/Mitchell White OR Alvarez/IFA Cash(1.25 million) OR Mid Level prospect(Robinson/Beaty/Santana)

That is Ideal

- - - - - - - - - -

Brad Brach to Cubs 1/3

Another Miami RP off market
      Last edited by tjfla; 01-24-2019, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• Jeff Passan

Verified account

@JeffPassan
        Following Following @JeffPassan
        More
        Free agent reliever Brad Brach has agreed to a one-year, $3 million deal with the Chicago Cubs, a source familiar with the deal tells ESPN.

10:00 AM - 24 Jan 2019

I figured Brach would be a Marlins option because of his closing experience. Still plenty of relievers left.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
          Jeff Passan

Verified account

@JeffPassan
          Following Following @JeffPassan
          More
          Free agent reliever Brad Brach has agreed to a one-year, $3 million deal with the Chicago Cubs, a source familiar with the deal tells ESPN.

10:00 AM - 24 Jan 2019

I figured Brach would be a Marlins option because of his closing experience. Still plenty of relievers left.
          They have offers out to like 5 guys. Issue is RP wanna sign with a contender

I wouldnt be surprised to see us sign Adam Warren and maybe AJ or Hunter Strickland

- - - - - - - - - -

Like said if LAD is serious about JT stuff will move FAST

Bob Nightengale
          ‏Verified account @BNightengale
          28m28 minutes ago

The #Dodgers now focusing on #Marlins catcher JT Realmuto, with intensive on-going talks.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            They have offers out to like 5 guys. Issue is RP wanna sign with a contender

I wouldnt be surprised to see us sign Adam Warren and maybe AJ or Hunter Strickland
            I'd be silly for a guy that wants a closer job to not sign here. Odds are they'll be shipped to a contender in July anyway.

If I'm Holland/Boxberger/Jim Johnson...or any former closer, I'd take a 1 year deal and show I can still collect saves for half a year, get shipped to a playoff team, and try to cash in next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
              I'd be silly for a guy that wants a closer job to not sign here. Odds are they'll be shipped to a contender in July anyway. If I'm Holland/Boxberger/Jim Johnson...or any former closer, I'd take a 1 year deal and show I can still collect saves for half a year.
              Why when u can pick the team u want to go to now and still collect the same cash? Miami isn't offering guys 2/8 year deals they are offering pretty much same 1/3 with option

Comment

• Ken Rosenthal

Verified account

@Ken_Rosenthal
                Following Following @Ken_Rosenthal
                More
                Free-agent reliever Hunter Strickland in agreement with #Mariners on one-year contract, sources tell The Athletic.

10:19 AM - 24 Jan 2019

- - - - - - - - - -

on Heyman

Verified account

@JonHeyman
                Following Following @JonHeyman
                More
                dodgers are also working on jt realmuto. they've been talking to the marlins as the real players for the star catcher are coming into focus.

10:31 AM - 24 Jan 2019

Comment

• Hearing it could be Ruiz as the centerpiece with us doing a 3 way.

NOT saying deal but could look like this

LAD-JT/Conley or Steck
                  CWS-Joc
                  Miami-Ruiz/Jeter Downs/Yadier Alvarez/Santana/CWS players

We like Luis Gonzalez,Spencer Adams/Dane Dunning,3 of 4 of CWS Closers in minors

- - - - - - - - - -

CWS has some interesting closer types in Minors(2 of 3 are ML Ready)

Jose Ruiz
                  Tyler Johnson
                  Ian Hamilton

Luis Gonzalez is Brian Miller with MORE power

- - - - - - - - - -

I would ask Verdugo/Ruiz/Downs but seems Miami is open to Ruiz/Pederson/Downs/2 "others" from LAD(like said QUANTITY)

No clue if we keep Joc or deal him to CWS. A name to watch for us IF Philly signs Harper is Nick Williams.

- - - - - - - - - -

Its REAL!!!!

Craig Mish
                  ‏Verified account @CraigMish

Realmuto % Opening Day 2019
                  (Entertainment Purposes Only)

Braves 35%
                  Dodgers 35%
                  Reds 12.5%
                  Astros 12.5%
                  Field 5%
                  Last edited by tjfla; 01-24-2019, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• If true we get no Lux or Verdugo, we get low-balled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                      If true we get no Lux or Verdugo, we get low-balled.
                      Heard they like Downs OVER Lux and would be Joc and 2 mid level prospects(Alvarez/Santana?) instead of Verdugo

- - - - - - - - - -

Craig Mish
                      ‏Verified account @CraigMish

As @JoeFrisaro noted earlier this week, and others today - Dodgers are indeed now a player for Realmuto. Braves remain right there. No change. They’re in. Down to 4 teams I believe. Rays seem to have fallen back.

Looks like down to LAD and Atlanta

LAD offers Verdugo they probably get him. Atlanta offers Inciarte/Swanson they probably get him

Comment

Heard they like Downs OVER Lux and would be Joc and 2 mid level prospects(Alvarez/Santana?) instead of Verdugo

Ruiz, Jeter Downs, Santana, Pederson is better than any offer Atlanta could possibly make. Pederson could be flipped for another 45+ prospect.
                        Last edited by Lee Stone; 01-24-2019, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Just much prefer Lux over Pederson and the two pitchers (Santana's fine/Alvarez doesn't appear to be a worker).
                          Possible too. Only thing that seems to be confirmed is Keibert Ruiz. Outside of him it could be almost anyone-Verdugo/Joc/Downs/May/Alvarez/Lux

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                          Ruiz, Jeter Downs, Santana, Pederson is better than any offer Atlanta could possibly make. Pederson could be flipped for another 45+ prospect.
                          Exactly. U trade JT and Conley or Steck to LA for Ruiz/Downs/Alvarez/Pederson than flip Pederson to CWS for for a 45+ and a ML Ready RP

I still rather have Verdugo/Ruiz/Downs-get Ruiz and instead of #4 pick on C u can get BPA(5 tool SS-Abrams or Witt/1B-Vaughn)
                          Last edited by tjfla; 01-24-2019, 01:07 PM.

Comment

This is what I meant when say quantity. Only teams I would do it with is LAD and TB but get 4-6 "things" rather than just 3

- - - - - - - - - -

Marlins are IN on every lefty bat on the market. They want a guy who can play IF/OF

They would like to trade JT before they sign 1 however

- - - - - - - - - -

Bob Nightengale
                            ‏Verified account @BNightengale

The #Dodgers still are hoping to make several moves before spring training, but are focusing most of their attention with the #Marlins in hopes of acquiring All-Star catcher J.T. Realmuto.

- - - - - - - - - -

Marlins are asking for Verdugo/Ruiz and 1 of May,Alvarez,Lux,Jeter Downs however deal could grow to include Pitching and more prospects/IFA Cash
                            i year Dietrich is still available lol

Comment

Possible too. Only thing that seems to be confirmed is Keibert Ruiz. Outside of him it could be almost anyone-Verdugo/Joc/Downs/May/Alvarez/Lux

- - - - - - - - - -

Exactly. U trade JT and Conley or Steck to LA for Ruiz/Downs/Alvarez/Pederson than flip Pederson to CWS for for a 45+ and a ML Ready RP

I still rather have Verdugo/Ruiz/Downs-get Ruiz and instead of #4 pick on C u can get BPA(5 tool SS-Abrams or Witt/1B-Vaughn)
                              Verdugo and Ruiz are the Dodgers 1 and 2 prospects. That could be wishful thinking. Even Ruiz, Downs and Santana (two 55's and a 50) might be a little heavy ... have to ask Lou. Fortunately, I think Marlins are in a great position to squeeze. Dodgers will not feel good about their off season if they don't get JT.

Comment

Verdugo and Ruiz are the Dodgers 1 and 2 prospects. That could be wishful thinking. Even Ruiz, Downs and Santana (two 55's and a 50) might be a little heavy ... have to ask Lou. Fortunately, I think Marlins are in a great position to squeeze. Dodgers will not feel good about their off season if they don't get JT.
                                LAD has to pay that Atlanta "tax" . I wouldnt be surprised to see Conley or Steck in the deal as well

Comment

Working...
                                X