Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I'm JT Realmuto, I'm deciding my own future. I have my agent talk to the team I'd like to play for, offer to sign a four year extension for $60M that can go to $80M with incentives. Such a team could then comfortably outbid the others with a trade package to Miami. Everybody wins.

Comment

• Jon Heyman

Verified account

@JonHeyman
      Following Following @JonHeyman
      More
      Marlins, who were in on LeMahieu, are looking for a lefty bat. Plenty of good ones left: CarGo, Grandy, Asdrubal (switch), Moose, Melky (switch), Span, Parra, Duda, Walker (switch).

Just about any of these bats would be a big upgrade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
        If I'm JT Realmuto, I'm deciding my own future. I have my agent talk to the team I'd like to play for, offer to sign a four year extension for $60M that can go to $80M with incentives. Such a team could then comfortably outbid the others with a trade package to Miami. Everybody wins.
        Ya let Stanton(I mean JT) decide where he wants to play!! We will get TOP dollar then

Problem with JT trade is NOT extension its the Marlins want TONS still

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
        Jon Heyman

Verified account

@JonHeyman
        Following Following @JonHeyman
        More
        Marlins, who were in on LeMahieu, are looking for a lefty bat. Plenty of good ones left: CarGo, Grandy, Asdrubal (switch), Moose, Melky (switch), Span, Parra, Duda, Walker (switch).

Just about any of these bats would be a big upgrade.
        Marlins are waiting to make JT trade first. Reason is if they get a Tucker or Young LHB they have no space for vet. Now if they get Riley or Sanchez they would love to get CarGo,Walker,Asdrubal with LoMo/Parra/Duda as backup options

1 thing they are telling the vets(bat and RP) is if they are signed they will likely be traded at deadline which is putting a few off
        Last edited by tjfla; 01-22-2019, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• Market price is now set

Asdrubal to Texas 1/3.5

Comment

• markakis only gets 1 year 6 million to re-sign with the braves. Lots of guys signing for cheap. We should be able to find 2-3 vets for good value.

Comment

• Brace yourself Lee - https://blogs.fangraphs.com/top-54-p...ampa-bay-rays/

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                It's why I've been focused on the Rays. They not only have the prospects, but they are so deep in them that they pretty much have to be making a bunch of them trade bait. They could easily grab Kluber with a few from that list. I'm guessing Arizona would trade Greinke AND pay his enormous salary in return for a few of them. Tampa Bay could be an excellent team very quickly. As far as Miami goes, I'd offer up everybody that the Rays would deem useful. Realmuto, Urena, Straily, Conley, Steckenrider, whoever.

Comment

• Frisaro says LAD still in on JT

Issue is same as it has been however with them. Miami wants package of Verdugo/Ruiz/1 of May,Alvarez,Jeter Downs,Lux while LAD want a deal with Ruiz and others. Far OFF and our FO hates theirs so we wont be giving them any breaks

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by lou View Post
                  SO much depth and will face a 40 man crunch next year. I understand we want a Centerpiece but with TB i would be cool with and understand a quantity type deal

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                  markakis only gets 1 year 6 million to re-sign with the braves. Lots of guys signing for cheap. We should be able to find 2-3 vets for good value.
                  Soon as Harper/Machado/JT get settled the market is going to move very quickly and lots of good deals
                  Last edited by tjfla; 01-23-2019, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Something to watch on LAD deal is they have 1.4 million in IFA Cash(Miami wants IFA Cash and Picks). If Marlins like Cuban SS they could do something like this

LAD-JT/Conley OR Steck
                    Miami-Verdugo/Ruiz/May/1.25 Million in IFA Cash(1.55 Million for Sanchez)

Still hearing its Atlanta/TB/Houston but if LA will do Verdugo and Ruiz plus prospect like SP or SS they would move to #1 fast

Be interesting to see if LAD signs Pollock

- - - - - - - - - -

Miami is still waiting for Atlanta to up that 3rd prospect. Have agreed on Riley/Anderson and nothing has changed with TB or Houston. Still waiting for Sanchez(even tho I would take a quantity type deal) and Houston to talk better SP prospects with Tucker. Cincy is also still in but Miami wants 2 of Trammell/Senzel/Greene/India to even start talks which seems unlikely

Should note they are willing to discuss Straily/Urena/Conley/Steck in deals IF it gets them more/better prospects which is 1 reason u hear about us in the RP market
                    Last edited by tjfla; 01-23-2019, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      Something to watch on LAD deal is they have 1.4 million in IFA Cash(Miami wants IFA Cash and Picks). If Marlins like Cuban SS they could do something like this

LAD-JT/Conley OR Steck
                      Miami-Verdugo/Ruiz/May/1.25 Million in IFA Cash(1.55 Million for Sanchez)

Still hearing its Atlanta/TB/Houston but if LA will do Verdugo and Ruiz plus prospect like SP or SS they would move to #1 fast

Be interesting to see if LAD signs Pollock

- - - - - - - - - -

Miami is still waiting for Atlanta to up that 3rd prospect. Have agreed on Riley/Anderson and nothing has changed with TB or Houston. Still waiting for Sanchez(even tho I would take a quantity type deal) and Houston to talk better SP prospects with Tucker. Cincy is also still in but Miami wants 2 of Trammell/Senzel/Greene/India to even start talks which seems unlikely

Should note they are willing to discuss Straily/Urena/Conley/Steck in deals IF it gets them more/better prospects which is 1 reason u hear about us in the RP market
                      Absolutely agree on Atlanta. The posturing about 70% agreement on a trade certainly pertains to a Realmuto deal, with Riley and Anderson being that 70%. I think Atlanta feels increasing need to add JT - and hope that doesn't happen.

Dodgers are much improved with JT and have the parts if they will surrender them. Personally, I've got little interest in Vertugo if Ruiz, Lux and May are an option.

Houston: I see red flags with Tucker (my personal opinion), and don't believe the Astros will part with James anyway.

Tampa Bay: Brujan is the centerpiece there, not Sanchez. Brujan, c Rolando Hernandez, and Brandon Lowe is a deal I'd take in a second. Note from fangraphs article: If Brujan was in college and entering 2019 draft, he'd go #1.

Cincinnati: Given all the team has done thus far, the Reds might pull the trigger and dazzle with a big offer featuring Senzel.
                      Last edited by Lee Stone; 01-23-2019, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• No clue if we get him but Miami is looking at C/1B Wilin Rosario

Was crap in Colorado but very good in Asia. Can play C/1B-seems more like AL guy but we have some interest

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                        Absolutely agree on Atlanta. The posturing about 70% agreement on a trade certainly pertains to a Realmuto deal, with Riley and Anderson being that 70%. I think Atlanta feels increasing need to add JT - and hope that doesn't happen.

Dodgers are much improved with JT and have the parts if they will surrender them. Personally, I've got little interest in Vertugo if Ruiz, Lux and May are an option.

Houston: I see red flags with Tucker (my personal opinion), and don't believe the Astros will part with James anyway.

Tampa Bay: Brujan is the centerpiece there, not Sanchez. Brujan, c Rolando Hernandez, and Brandon Lowe is a deal I'd take in a second. Note from fangraphs article: If Brujan was in college and entering 2019 draft, he'd go #1.

Cincinnati: Given all the team has done thus far, the Reds might pull the trigger and dazzle with a big offer featuring Senzel.
                        I am same on Houston deal. Ya if Cincy offers Senzel deal is done with them(Shit Miami might do a JT for Senzel deal straight up HAHA)

I like Brujan as well but u realize he is 5'9 155lbs right? I could care less about height or weight but he is small guy

LA could offer Verdugo and combo of Downs/May/Alvarez/Ruiz/Will Smith/IFA Cash

Comment

• I like Brujan as well but u realize he is 5'9 155lbs right?

He's a giant next to Altuve! Seriously, he's an instant face of a franchise that needs one very badly. Of course, the Marlis will never get him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                            I like Brujan as well but u realize he is 5'9 155lbs right?

He's a giant next to Altuve! Seriously, he's an instant face of a franchise that needs one very badly. Of course, the Marlis will never get him.
                            Your trade is too much with Lowe, but call it Brujan, Hernandez, Fox/Walls, any FV 35/40, and throw in Conley or Steckenrider in a 4-2.

I'd do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                              Your trade is too much with Lowe, but call it Brujan, Hernandez, Fox/Walls, any FV 35/40, and throw in Conley or Steckenrider in a 4-2.

I'd do it.
                              Unfortunately, I sense that catcher Hernandez might be viewed as off limits to Rays - unless a deal involved agreement on an extension with Realmuto (ala Sonny Gray w Reds).

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post

SO much depth and will face a 40 man crunch next year. I understand we want a Centerpiece but with TB i would be cool with and understand a quantity type deal
                                I can't understand a quantity type deal. The Marlins have a decent amount of decent prospects. They need quality at this point. That's what they lack. If I'm the Marlins, I'm only taking a deal that lands you at least one, probably two big time prospects.

Comment

Working...
                                X