This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Not sure about best outcome but Denbo loves him which is why NYY are still in it.

I just hope Marlin fans dont flip out when we get Andujar and then NYY trades JT to LAD/NYM/SD for nice package

I could deal with

NYY trades Sonny Gray to Cincy or SD for prospects and then those Prospects/Andujar/Deivi Garcia for JT. Andujar/Garcia/Jeter Downs/another prospect OR Andujar/Garcia and 2 of SD's solid group
    Andujar is the best player that's been mentioned, and it might not even be close. That's the best outcome for me.

As for them trading him for a "nice" package, I fail to see how it's better than the package Miami would be getting with Andujar.

Comment

• Certainly agree on Andujar ... to the extent that I can't imagine the Yankees trading him. He's like Soto and the Nationals. Then again, the Nats made Robles available at the deadline, so you never know.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
        Ramos to NYM. 1 team down for JT...
        1 team down(NYM) and 2 teams IN(LAD and LAA)

Best offer NO CLUE-Miami asked for Rosario/Nimmo/Peterson/C and then Nimmo/Gimenez/Vientos or Mauricio/C however and both were rejected

- - - - - - - - - -

Like Frisaro said-Miami seems to be waiting for Jesus Sanchez in a TB deal

Found out what we want for TB however

Miami-Sanchez/P(Not sure which 1)/Ronaldo Hernandez/MIF(Fox/Solak/Brujan)Maybe Draft Pick

With Ramos signing with NYM it opens up BOTH LA teams. It could mean 1 on 1(Mia/LAD but doubtful) or 3 way(MIA/LAD/Cincy OR Mia/LAD/NYY)

Miami has asked the LAA for Jo Adell/Griffin Canning and LAA said NO however maybe it changes?

So NYM are out and while Atlanta is IN its not active talks. Here is a tweet that has been said about 10 time already

Joel Sherman
        ‏Verified account @Joelsherman1
        2h2 hours ago

#Marlins preference was not to trade Realmuto in division. #Mets #Braves #Nationals all had interest but all have obtained at least 1 catcher.
        25 replies 32 retweets 116 likes

- - - - - - - - - -

Atlanta,NYY,Cincy,SD,TB,LAD* are still IN with Milwaukee and LAA maybe with Grandal still left to sign(Grandal probably to LAA). *On LAD-not sure we would do something 1 on 1 with LAD but mention them cause they could end up with him

I love how the 2 teams we wanted to get in on him because BEST systems in MLB are in on him!!! Also note that 3 way deals are VERY possible with Cincy/LAD/NYY/SD

Also Cincy/TB/SD have draft picks that could be in deals

In other words TONS of teams still IN on JT and Marlins are not worried about getting a deal they like
        Last edited by tjfla; 12-16-2018, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• Best story from all of this is guys are now saying that Miami keeps "accepting" deals then calling back few hours later saying they got a better offer and if u want JT u gotta up the offer

Man teams must be hate having to deal with an actual GM instead of Jeff Loria just saying Yes to anything they offer.

Comment

• Didn't Tampa trade their draft pick in the three team trade with Cleveland and Seattle?

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
              Didn't Tampa trade their draft pick in the three team trade with Cleveland and Seattle?
              Nope Cleveland did

The Indians also are sending minor league pitcher Cole Sulser to the Rays and the 77th pick in the 2019 competitive balance draft to the Mariners.

Comment

Best story from all of this is guys are now saying that Miami keeps "accepting" deals then calling back few hours later saying they got a better offer and if u want JT u gotta up the offer

Man teams must be hate having to deal with an actual GM instead of Jeff Loria just saying Yes to anything they offer.
                That’s not real GMing. That’s bush league shit. If you agree to a deal, you should keep your word.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                  That’s not real GMing. That’s bush league shit. If you agree to a deal, you should keep your word.
                  Its just funny because Miami really never did. Shit we never even really tried changing deals-teams would call Jeff offer something and he would say cool

Honestly most teams don't care as they understand the business. Agree to deal then look medicals/talk to owner about cash

- - - - - - - - - -

Morosi figures that the Dodgers could consider moving pitching prospect Dustin May and one of Ruiz or Smith in any potential Realmuto trade package, though that wouldn’t be enough to meet the Marlins’ large asking price. “The Dodgers were balking at the inclusion of at least one key player on whom the Marlins were insisting,” Morosi writes.

Marlins want Bellinger or Possibly Verdugo in the deal plus the FO doesn't like the LAD which is why they are trying to squeeze them

- - - - - - - - - -

Looks like the LA teams will be fighting over Grandal with the loser moving up in the JT sweepstakes

Comment

• TB might be moving up actually

Miami is asking for

Jesus Sanchez
                    C(Zunino/Perez/Ciuffo likely but TB has Ronaldo Hernandez in minors)
                    SP(They have about 10 arms so its no point in saying names)
                    MIF(Arroyo in majors and Solak,Brujan/Fox in Minors)

So Jesus Sanchez/C/SP/MIF. Names have not been mentioned other than Jesus Sanchez and Miami is also interested in TB's Comp A pick. Also TB has interest in Straily/Urena/Conley.

I would be into a Sanchez/Zunino/Liberatore/Brujan/Comp A Pick for JT and Straily deal. No clue if it works value wise
                    Last edited by tjfla; 12-17-2018, 07:19 AM.

Comment

TB might be moving up actually

Miami is asking for

Jesus Sanchez
                      C(Zunino/Perez/Ciuffo likely but TB has Ronaldo Hernandez in minors)
                      SP(They have about 10 arms so its no point in saying names)
                      MIF(Arroyo in majors and Solak,Brujan/Fox in Minors)

So Jesus Sanchez/C/SP/MIF. Names have not been mentioned other than Jesus Sanchez and Miami is also interested in TB's Comp A pick. Also TB has interest in Straily/Urena/Conley.

I would be into a Sanchez/Zunino/Liberatore/Brujan/Comp A Pick for JT and Straily deal. No clue if it works value wise
                      That would probably work value wise as long as Sanchez and Liberatore end up top 50ish prospects which is probably a safe bet.

But don't you have to get their best catcher prospect (Hernandez) who is multiple years away?

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                        That would probably work value wise as long as Sanchez and Liberatore end up top 50ish prospects which is probably a safe bet.

But don't you have to get their best catcher prospect (Hernandez) who is multiple years away?
                        I would try for Hernandez but keep hearing they want a "vet" C which is why say Zunino. There are so many options with TB its not funny. They have 5 Catchers/10-12 SP/8-10 MIF options which is why they are the perfect fit. They also have that Comp A Pick and lots of mid level options to sweeten a deal. Read somewhere that they have like 12 guys that need to be on the 40 man next year and like 7 of them are in their Top 20 Prospects- No chance they add 12 guys

Comment

• Andy Martino
                          ‏Verified account @martinonyc

Source just added that Mets could have done NS/Realmuto one for one with marlins and didn’t want to

Miami would have then flipped Thor to SD/NYY(U know 3 ways that were mentioned)
                          Last edited by tjfla; 12-17-2018, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Andy Martino
                            ‏Verified account @martinonyc

Source just added that Mets could have done NS/Realmuto one for one with marlins and didn’t want to

Miami would have then flipped Thor to SD/NYY(U know 3 ways that were mentioned)
                            You mean the same Syndergaard we chose Nicolino over? (Yes, I know it is).

Comment

• The Rays definitely look like the place to shop. I'd put more than Realmuto on the line to get a batch of 4-5 propects ... why not Urena? He would instantly become TBR #2 starter. Conley and Steck should be fair game too. Straily? Sure. He'd be their #3.
                              Last edited by Lee Stone; 12-17-2018, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                                The Rays definitely look like the place to shop. I'd put more than Realmuto on the line to get a batch of 4-5 propects ... why not Urena? He would instantly become TBR #2 starter. Conley and Steck should be fair game too. Straily? Sure. He'd be their #3.
                                Straily is never pitching for those guys. I don't think you are aware of how Tampa is throwing waves of relievers at teams. They don't really have SP anymore. They have Snell, and everyone else is going to be a reliever more than likely. That's also not an insult to guys like Glasnow, he's just going to pitching innings 1.2-6.1 until he hits a certain pitch max/3rd time through the lineup. It's honestly exactly how I want the Marlins to operate, but that's another thread.

In any event, Urena, Conley, and Steckenrider are good so they'd find a roll there for sure. They could use them, and the Marlins should be open to trading them if the price is right and Tampa is looking to unload part of their farm. They seriously probably have 5 young SP (Snell, Honeywell, McKay, Liberatore, and Glasnow) I would likely take over any player in the Marlins organization besides Realmuto.

McKay is exactly the kind of guy the Marlins should acquire as a centerpiece, and he's even more valuable as he's probably going to be the second best hitting SP in baseball (Ohtani) the second he gets on a NL team. If that takes chucking in Conley/Steckenrider/Urena, do it for sure.

McKay, R. Hernandez, Fox, and N. Lowe is a dream 4 player scenario (Ace+platoon 1B/DH/pinch hitter, C, SS, 1B). The amazing part is, Tampa doesn't really need any of them compared to getting a stud C compared to their P depth, getting Realmuto, having W. Franco, and Choi/Duffy/Arroyo/money for 1B upgrades. Fuck they can just play Zunino/Realmuto at 1B part of the time too.

Realmuto and some of Urena/Conley/Steckenrider definitely gets there to line up surplus value, so I would be all over that bending over backwards figuring out what the winning combination is.

Comment

Working...
                                X