This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
    Is Jose Devers a better prospect than Braxton Garrett?

Now that I’ve read some of the other posts I see I’m not the only one scratching my head about the absence of Garrett and Devers being in the Top 10.

Comment

Is Jose Devers a better prospect than Braxton Garrett?
      No but Garrett hasn't thrown in awhile. BA actually bases rankings on stats

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
      Mish now has the Reds as co-leaders at 30%. They must be making a strong push. His last list earlier today didn't have them on it, and he said that might be the last one he puts out.
      Ya I haven't heard about them in a JT deal at all. They have Barnhart signed till 2022 for like 4/16

Heard about maybe them in 3 way if we did something with NYY

They have the talent to do something and Miami loves Jeter Downs

Comment

• I wonder where Brinson would land on that BA Top 10 if he was still considered a prospect.

Comment

• devers has been getting some pretty good reviews since he debuted last year. always under the radar cause he not only just turned 19 but he is super thin and its hard to project his size in the future

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            devers has been getting some pretty good reviews since he debuted last year. always under the radar cause he not only just turned 19 but he is super thin and its hard to project his size in the future
            Ya Devers has talent. He is likely in #11-15. I would put Garrett(if healthy) above him

Comment

• is baseball america kidding charging 6.25 a month to access their site?

- - - - - - - - - -

does that not seem super high or is that just me

Comment

• Interesting things about the Reds is they have talked with NYM/Atlanta/LAD about other deals. Maybe they get JT and flip him there?? They have Barnhart signed till 2022 and have a solid C prospect in Tyler Stephenson who will be in AA this year

We could see a Cincy/Miami deal then Cincy trades JT to Atlanta or LAD and Miami trades Trammell to NYY
                Last edited by tjfla; 12-12-2018, 12:31 PM.

Comment

I wonder where Brinson would land on that BA Top 10 if he was still considered a prospect.
                  Considering Monte is still 3, Brinson is probably 2-7 somewhere.

Comment

• Looks like Reds are real. Offer is Trammell/Jeter Downs/C(Barnhart OR Stephenson)/Maybe a mid level prospect(depending on C)

Reason I put C is buddy(who cleans bathrooms) says not sure yet if Cincy is gonna keep JT or flip him for SP. He said if they keep him its Barnhart and if they are flipping him its Stephenson and possibly another prospect

- - - - - - - - - -

Question them becomes does Miami and NYY do something like

NYY-Trammell
                    Mia-Andujar and prospect or 2

OR

Do we keep him? Remember report yesterday said we want a ML Talent and Trammell will be in AA this year

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      Top 10 According to BA

1 VV
                      2 Alcantara
                      3 Monte Harrison
                      4 Nick Neidert
                      5 Connor Scott
                      6 Jorge Guzman
                      7 Edward Cabrera
                      8 Isan
                      9 Will Banfield
                      10 Jose Devers
                      Anybody else surprised no love for Tristan Pompey? I'd at least have him above Devers.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                        Looks like Reds are real. Offer is Trammell/Jeter Downs/C(Barnhart OR Stephenson)/Maybe a mid level prospect(depending on C)

Reason I put C is buddy(who cleans bathrooms) says not sure yet if Cincy is gonna keep JT or flip him for SP. He said if they keep him its Barnhart and if they are flipping him its Stephenson and possibly another prospect

- - - - - - - - - -

Question them becomes does Miami and NYY do something like

NYY-Trammell
                        Mia-Andujar and prospect or 2

OR

Do we keep him? Remember report yesterday said we want a ML Talent and Trammell will be in AA this year
                        Why would the Yankees do that, though?

This Reds deal seems pretty solid from a value perspective, but you're talking about another OF, an SS who won't stick at SS, and a catcher who won't probably ever be much more than decent.

Comment

• Trammell, Barnhart (signed for 3 years, with a 4 year option. I can dig this), Downs, and throw ins work.

Trammell is basically getting Kyle Tucker under a different name so it's putting all of your marbles in one guy, but he's a top 20 prospect in baseball so that will play to the "go for the elite guy" crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                            Why would the Yankees do that, though?

This Reds deal seems pretty solid from a value perspective, but you're talking about another OF, an SS who won't stick at SS, and a catcher who won't probably ever be much more than decent.
                            Just spitballing. NYY asked Cincy for Trammell in a Sonny Gray trade and Jeter wants a ML Talent back in the deal

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                              I think Trammell falls into the, he's so good fuck it, category

Comment

• barnhart does have a nice contract and he does fill a need if we do trade JT but i hope his addition in the deal is not some incredibly significant piece for us. he's fairly pedestrian.

Comment

Working...
                                X