Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we gonna tender Straily? Deadline is tonight at 8pm.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
      I don't see what purpose he'd serve..especially with Sierra, Miller, and Braxton Lee already in the system.
      Marlin team stole 45 bases last season. Straw stole 70. Straw also began to work out at SS last season. Similar to Reds CF Hamilton, but gets on base more. Given that the entire Miami OF is up for grabs, I'd love to see Straw on the roster. His career OBP in the minors is nearly .400. Who else could even compete for the leadoff spot in the order?

Hit: 55 | Power: 20 | Run: 70 | Arm: 60 | Field: 60 | Overall: 45 Seems like an unfairly low overall total given that he's the full package minus power. Described as one of the best defenders in the Astro system.
      Last edited by Lee Stone; 11-30-2018, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• Straw also to me seems like a guy the marlins would 100% try to put in the majors right away as a 4th OF despite his numbers and hitting style suggesting he should go to AAA for at least a few months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
          Marlin team stole 45 bases last season. Straw stole 70. Straw also began to work out at SS last season. Similar to Reds CF Hamilton, but gets on base more. Given that the entire Miami OF is up for grabs, I'd love to see Straw on the roster. His career OBP in the minors is nearly .400. Who else could even compete for the leadoff spot in the order?

Hit: 55 | Power: 20 | Run: 70 | Arm: 60 | Field: 60 | Overall: 45 Seems like an unfairly low overall total given that he's the full package minus power. Described as one of the best defenders in the Astro system.
          Wait a second, I thought minor league stats didn't matter?

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
            I don't see what purpose he'd serve..especially with Sierra, Miller, and Braxton Lee already in the system.
            I think it's doubling down getting that speed Jarrod Dyson 4th OF they seemingly want. Lee kind of doesn't count at this point, and Miller isn't really the Juan Pierre burner type even if he steals a few bases and is an OK prospect. It's a double down with Sierra (who is 2 years younger than Straw, and 2 levels higher so far in his career for similar years, so there is an argument to be made Sierra has 2 years to catch up to Straw).

As a throw in, sure. He'd be the last guy in a deal. Even for just Conley.

We'll see what they do. I'd take a chance on Tucker, a half decent arm/Nova, and some of their fringier guys - Reed, Straw, Stubbs, etc.

Tucker, VVM, Brinson/Monte, Sierra/Straw/Miller, and Dean/Ramirez/Guerrero, with Scott and Pompey in A ball, would be a pretty fantastic longterm OF outlook. I don't know what they would do at C and SS as Banfield, Devers, and Osiris are years away, but at least the OF would be set for years and years on paper.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
            Wait a second, I thought minor league stats didn't matter?
            This will be the gift that keeps on giving

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            Are we gonna tender Straily? Deadline is tonight at 8pm.
            They should. They won't get a comparable pitcher on basically a 1/$5 deal, with a non-guaranteed arbitration option next year, for that price.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
              I think it's doubling down getting that speed Jarrod Dyson 4th OF they seemingly want. Lee kind of doesn't count at this point, and Miller isn't really the Juan Pierre burner type even if he steals a few bases and is an OK prospect. It's a double down with Sierra (who is 2 years younger than Straw, and 2 levels higher so far in his career for similar years, so there is an argument to be made Sierra has 2 years to catch up to Straw).

As a throw in, sure. He'd be the last guy in a deal. Even for just Conley.

We'll see what they do. I'd take a chance on Tucker, a half decent arm/Nova, and some of their fringier guys - Reed, Straw, Stubbs, etc.

Tucker, VVM, Brinson/Monte, Sierra/Straw/Miller, and Dean/Ramirez/Guerrero, with Scott and Pompey in A ball, would be a pretty fantastic longterm OF outlook. I don't know what they would do at C and SS as Banfield, Devers, and Osiris are years away, but at least the OF would be set for years and years on paper.

- - - - - - - - - -

This will be the gift that keeps on giving

- - - - - - - - - -

They should. They won't get a comparable pitcher on basically a 1/$5 deal, with a non-guaranteed arbitration option next year, for that price.
              Tender him and trade him later if/when need be......someone will take him with how pitching goes.

Comment

• Holaday is back on minor league deal per Clark Spencer.

Comment

• Evan Woodbery

@evanwoodbery
                  Additionally, longtime Tigers infielder Dixon Machado has signed a minor-league deal with the Miami Marlins, per @RosterRoundup.

Based on the Marlins' current depth chart, looks like Machado would have a shot to compete for a utility job this spring.

11:02 AM - Nov 30, 2018

- - - - - - - - - -

Joe Frisaro

Verified account

@JoeFrisaro
                  Following Following @JoeFrisaro
                  More
                  As expected, the #Marlins will be tendering all five of their arbitration players - Realmuto, Straily, Urena, Rojas, Conley.

Comment

• Reds non-tendered Billy Hamilton

I think Mike Hill just had a heart attack of excitement

Comment

Reds non-tendered Billy Hamilton

I think Mike Hill just had a heart attack of excitement
                      We could use an all glove, no bat type of player, we don't have any of those in the system......oh wait.....

Comment

• Id sign him and Wilmer Flores for the right price and hope to maybe flip them at the deadline.

Comment

• Nats are apparently close to a deal with the Indians for Yan Gomes. So they'll be completely out on JT.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                            Nats are apparently close to a deal with the Indians for Yan Gomes. So they'll be completely out on JT.
                            And makes Cleveland completely in on him

Comment

And makes Cleveland completely in on him
                              Flipping Gomes for Realmuto would have little net benefit for Cleveland. Don't see a trade match there either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                                Flipping Gomes for Realmuto would have little net benefit for Cleveland. Don't see a trade match there either.
                                Ignoring it would have a huge net benefit, and Gomes was just traded to the Nationals, it's more about Mckenzie and Jones which would make a bunch of sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X