Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the baseball world not seeing or appreciating that away from Marlins Park over the last two seasons, Realmuto is 25 HR, 90 RBI, .300+BA, .350 OBP and .900 OPS? Those numbers would have added up to about a 5.5 WAR. No matter where he goes, he won't be spending much time at Marlin Park. When he does play there, he'll get to face Marlin pitching!
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 02-05-2019, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• Agree Sixto is better all I am saying is Medina has NO elbow injury issues(like Sixto) and is solid too. If Philly says NO Sixto but Medina yes I would take it. Its NOT like Cincy's issue where Greene is tons better than Santillan

- - - - - - - - - -

It's whatever at this point but they are talking and looking at medicals right now with MAIN stuff being

Right now deal is

Philly-JT
      Miami-Sixto OR Medina/Alfaro/Nick Williams/prospect or 2(depends on what prospects Miami wants)

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        Agree Sixto is better all I am saying is Medina has NO elbow injury issues(like Sixto) and is solid too. If Philly says NO Sixto but Medina yes I would take it. Its NOT like Cincy's issue where Greene is tons better than Santillan

- - - - - - - - - -

It's whatever at this point but they are talking and looking at medicals right now with MAIN stuff being

Right now deal is

Philly-JT
        Miami-Sixto OR Medina/Alfaro/Nick Williams/prospect or 2(depends on what prospects Miami wants)
        I actually enjoy watching Alfaro and Nick Williams. Wouldn't hurt my feelings at all. (Granderson's chances of making the big league club would take a serious hit).

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
          I actually enjoy watching Alfaro and Nick Williams. Wouldn't hurt my feelings at all. (Granderson's chances of making the big league club would take a serious hit).
          Peter O'Brien's would. BA would play RF/1B

Miami will screw this up-they will end up demanding Kingery and deal will fall apart

Comment

• I don't make a deal with the Phillies unless Sixto is in it. (Of course it's imperative due diligence is done on Sixto's elbow)

Comment

• We went from supposedly needing two top 50 prospects to getting one borderline (depending on which list you read) top 100 prospect? And the funniest part of that deal would be how we've heard the Marlins would need an overpay to move him within the division, lol.
              Last edited by sports24/7; 02-05-2019, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                I don't make a deal with the Phillies unless Sixto is in it. (Of course it's imperative due diligence is done on Sixto's elbow)
                Agree (and that's why I don't believe a deal will happen). Medina walks too many batters. Fixing that is much easier said than done and his stock is falling.

We went from supposedly needing two top 50 prospects to looking at not even getting a top 100 prospect? And the funniest part of that deal would be how we've heard the Marlins would need an overpay to move him within the division, lol. That's why it would have to be Sixto. Even then, Marlins would be taking a huge risk. I do think that Philly would be happy to include Kingery and wash their hands of that contract.

In summary, Marlins take three flawed pieces in Alfaro, Williams and Kingery (-1.7 net WAR) in the hope they can develop as major leaguers. The price for the garbage pickup is Sanchez (a health risk in his own right). Note: Sanchez and Kingery is/was top 30 prospects. Nick Williams was top 100 for several years.
                Last edited by Lee Stone; 02-05-2019, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                  Is the baseball world not seeing or appreciating that away from Marlins Park over the last two seasons, Realmuto is 25 HR, 90 RBI, .300+BA, .350 OBP and .900 OPS? Those numbers would have added up to about a 5.5 WAR. No matter where he goes, he won't be spending much time at Marlin Park. When he does play there, he'll get to face Marlin pitching!
                  It doesn't work that way, park factors are accounted - https://www.baseball-reference.com/a...mparison.shtml

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                  Really? I guess I don't get your take on the Reds trade earlier then. I mean Sixto, from the reports I've seen have him pegged as a top of the rotation guy if he can stay healthy. Santillan more of a 3, from what I've seen. India and Haseley similarly drafted in the top 10 of the draft, India is about 6 months younger. Haseley actually has some professional baseball success as far up as AA, though. Also, Haseley is left-handed. Yeah playing 3rd base makes India a little more attractive, but it's clear none of the 8 positions are locked up by anybody in our organization at this point.
                  Pitching prospects are worth a little bit less (more volatility) so that hurts Sixto a little versus a Trammel, etc. There is a value jump in India to Haseley - presuming you buy into India being considered a FV55/50 and Haseley more of a FV45+ (FG). Maybe they are closer in actuality then I am giving them credit for. I think it's more about a better third player too versus a debate over the 2nd one.

Comment

• I'd do Trammel and India as the top two guys in a Reds trade. India and Santillan as the top 2 guys is where I had a problem and thought it wasn't enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                      I'd do Trammel and India as the top two guys in a Reds trade. India and Santillan as the top 2 guys is where I had a problem and thought it wasn't enough.
                      Same. Not in love with india but as a secondary piece id be cool with him. trammell would be a great get and barnhart as a 3rd/4th piece would be fine by me for a few years.

- - - - - - - - - -

If you add india, trammell, and barnhart to the future our lineup would be looking very nice long term plus we will have a ton of money to spend moving forward. If you could have the following it would be really good to start

c- barnhart/ banfield
                      1b- brian anderson
                      2b- diaz
                      ss- ? devers?
                      3b- india
                      of- brinson, harrison, dean, trammell, VV, Sierra, connor scott,

Comment

• Best tweet of yesterday

Jon Morosi
                        ‏Verified account @jonmorosi
                        13h13 hours ago

#Padres trade talks regarding J.T. Realmuto have continued with #Marlins this week, source confirms. @MLB @MLBNetwork

Cincy and SD talk to Miami daily however SD refuses to get aggressive until they get Machado or Harper

Miami wanted to do Greene/India and would jump all over a Trammell/India offer(which they asked for when Greene's medicals happened)

Top 2 are still Cincy and SD with Philly probably IN now but nothing confirmed. All of this is tied to Harper/Machado if can't tell-wherever they sign will make teams get more aggressive on JT

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          Best tweet of yesterday

Jon Morosi
                          ‏Verified account @jonmorosi
                          13h13 hours ago

#Padres trade talks regarding J.T. Realmuto have continued with #Marlins this week, source confirms. @MLB @MLBNetwork

Cincy and SD talk to Miami daily however SD refuses to get aggressive until they get Machado or Harper

Miami wanted to do Greene/India and would jump all over a Trammell/India offer(which they asked for when Greene's medicals happened)

Top 2 are still Cincy and SD with Philly probably IN now but nothing confirmed. All of this is tied to Harper/Machado if can't tell-wherever they sign will make teams get more aggressive on JT
                          Cincy is not in on either Harper or Machado. All the more reason for them to just do Trammell and India to get a deal done.

Comment

• Sixto as the centerpiece or no deal.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post

Should be Top 10 by end of year with tons of guys like to graduate in 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                              Cincy is not in on either Harper or Machado. All the more reason for them to just do Trammell and India to get a deal done.
                              True but SD/Philly/Atl/LAD are. If Cincy offers Trammell/India the deal is done is 10 mins shit Jeter might take his private jet down from Tampa if that happens

Harper commits to SD and they get aggressive on JT
                              Harper commits to Philly and they get aggressive on JT
                              Harper commits to Philly and Atlanta/LAD might panic and get aggressive on JT

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                              Sixto as the centerpiece or no deal.

- - - - - - - - - -

First gotta get his medicals. Had elbow injuries LY and sat out of AFL cause of it

Why that? We are like #17 right now

JT trade will move it up a few spots
                              Draft(4 of Top 83 Picks) if stick to BPA will move them up even more
                              Last edited by tjfla; 02-06-2019, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                                In his defense, tj may not be wrong on that one.

Alcantara, Neidert, Gallen, Cooper, Quijada, Merandy, and maybe Diaz are the only notable "graduates" coming in 2019. That's two, maybe three, of your best half dozen who aren't really THAT highly rated in the 80-130 overall prospect range, and a bunch of whatevers for prospect list purposes.

They get to add the Realmuto assets (very likely primary piece or two a 2020+ player), # 4 pick, two picks #35-46 range, Garret and Rogers (and I guess Holloway) are all finally healthy to show some real innings and turn themselves into "real" prospects, Guzman and E. Cabrera could overnight turn into dominant relievers (maybe more), there is legitimate explosive potential with Monte/VVM/Scott/Devers (at minimum) to just starting hitting big at any moment, and IFA money.

I'm not saying it'll happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if that clump turns into something notably better than the current FG projections - FV50, FV45+, FV45(5), FV40+, FV40. I like the top 16 here. They are going to get some players. - https://blogs.fangraphs.com/top-32-p...miami-marlins/

They still got a long ways to go though.

Comment

Working...
                                X