• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Brown

Verified account

@TBrownYahoo
    Following Following @TBrownYahoo
    More
    Keep an eye on Phillies in JT Realmuto trade possibilities. Sounds as though there could be some traction there.

11:48 AM - 5 Feb 2019

Comment

• Looks like Romo is about to sign. I know a place where he can close and get traded in July.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
      Tim Brown

Verified account

@TBrownYahoo
      Following Following @TBrownYahoo
      More
      Keep an eye on Phillies in JT Realmuto trade possibilities. Sounds as though there could be some traction there.

11:48 AM - 5 Feb 2019
      It's a double edged sword. If they get Machado/Harper, they should sell out for Realmuto which is good for Miami in a vacuum.

But then you have to deal with Machado/Harper and Realmuto for cumulatively over a decade easy.

Comment

• Jon Heyman

Verified account

@JonHeyman
        Following Following @JonHeyman
        More
        Marlins like phillies prospects (and they have a young catcher Jorge Alfaro) in Realmuto talks, but hearing many teams are still in, including dodgers, padres, reds, braves and rays. @Ken_Rosenthal and @TBrownYahoo reported phils are back in mix

12:08 PM - 5 Feb 2019

I feel like Heyman has tweeted this same tweet 20 times this offseason...This is never going to end...

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
          Jon Heyman

Verified account

@JonHeyman
          Following Following @JonHeyman
          More
          Marlins like phillies prospects (and they have a young catcher Jorge Alfaro) in Realmuto talks, but hearing many teams are still in, including dodgers, padres, reds, braves and rays. @Ken_Rosenthal and @TBrownYahoo reported phils are back in mix

12:08 PM - 5 Feb 2019

I feel like Heyman has tweeted this same tweet 20 times this offseason...This is never going to end...
          And Alfaro had a .406 BABIP last year. As long as he is valued as what he is - a pure backup 4th player in a deal - that's fine. He can play defense which is something.

I see two paths here:

Sixto ($55/FV60) or
          Medina ($35/FV55) and Bohm ($28/FV50)

From there Romero (FV45 LHP, MLB ranks higher), Alfaro, and an outside top 20 FV40 (Zach Warren? Get another lefty they have a ton) work. Maybe you downgrade Romero and upgrade last guy a bit, but whatever.

And they get Conley/Straily.

Sixto is for the "get the elite prospect" crowd, Medina/Bohm is for the "just get good value regardless of package" crowd.

Comment

• Sixto, Haseley and Mitch Walding for JT.

I'd be ok with that.
            Last edited by Nick; 02-05-2019, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• id do sixto, alfaro, bohm, and luis garcia for jt and conley/steck/straily/whatever

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                Sixto, Haseley and Mitch Walding for JT.

I'd be ok with that.
                I can't believe I am saying this, as I suspect I am the lower end of expectations for Realmuto, but you absolutely can get another one of their top 7-15 prospects in addition to that. Especially if you're chucking in a RP.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                  I can't believe I am saying this, as I suspect I am the lower end of expectations for Realmuto, but you absolutely can get another one of their top 7-15 prospects in addition to that. Especially if you're chucking in a RP.
                  Really? I guess I don't get your take on the Reds trade earlier then. I mean Sixto, from the reports I've seen have him pegged as a top of the rotation guy if he can stay healthy. Santillan more of a 3, from what I've seen. India and Haseley similarly drafted in the top 10 of the draft, India is about 6 months younger. Haseley actually has some professional baseball success as far up as AA, though. Also, Haseley is left-handed. Yeah playing 3rd base makes India a little more attractive, but it's clear none of the 8 positions are locked up by anybody in our organization at this point.

Comment

• It is progressing.

Alfaro and Nick Williams are in the deal they are talking prospects right now which means it could break down quick.

Miami wants 1 SP(Sixto/Medina) and likely another mid level prospect. Miami likes Haseley/3 or 4 of Philly MIF(Gamboa,Brito,Maton)/few of Phillies low level guys Question is Philly willing to part with Sixto OR Medina or do they do Houston thing are only offer next line of SP like (Santos/Suarez/Romero)

A hearing that IF Philly will put Sixto or Medina IN then Miami can come to something with Philly fast since they have so much stuff

Right now deal is

Philly-JT
                    Miami-Sixto OR Medina/Alfaro/Nick Williams/prospect or 2(depends on what Miami wants)

- - - - - - - - - -

Like Heyman mentioned other teams are IN but they are talking pretty in depth with Philly at this moment

Comment

• it would need to be sixto for me.

Comment

• I would be all over Medina/Alfaro/Nick Williams/Haseley/Gamboa or other MIF

2 ML guys and 3 others who are ready in 2020 at SP/OF/MIF

Comment

• why is gamboa at all appealing? his hitting lines are hech esque.

- - - - - - - - - -

luis garcia should be the guy

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                            it would need to be sixto for me.
                            Medina is pretty much same guy except older and no elbow injuries. Cool with him if Philly says NO to Sixto

Comment

• they arent the same guy at all. sixto clearly a step above him

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                                why is gamboa at all appealing? his hitting lines are hech esque.

- - - - - - - - - -

luis garcia should be the guy
                                Not appealling but I dont think they trade Luis Garcia and Gamboa is in AA which fits with timeline. He is Hech lite

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                                they arent the same guy at all. sixto clearly a step above him
                                Fangraphs on Medina

Medina is right there with Sanchez in the Phillies system when it comes to upside. He shows three plus pitches at times and may be a better athlete than Sanchez, so the elements of frontline starter potential are here. Medina works in the mid-90s early in games with plus life and at his best, he’ll pair it with a changeup with similar action and a slider that can play even better than 60 when ideally used and located. Like most young power arms, Medina’s command and velocity degrade in the middle innings as his focus and intensity wane and fatigue starts to set in. More advanced hitters can lay off his lively stuff when it’s more an area-type control than MLB-level pitch execution. Scouts like Medina’s makeup, coachability, and athleticism (most prefer him to Sanchez in this regard) and expect him to continue to improve in these areas.

Comment

Working...
                                X