Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s hard to pick which guy the Marlins handled worse; Brinson or Sierra. I have little faith that Jeter and Co aren’t dumb just by looking at how they handled Brinson and Sierra.

Brinson needs to start in CF on Opening Day (and not batting 8th). Brinson needs to given a large sample size chance this season. The Marlins aren’t making the playoffs anyway so let him have his make or break it season.

Comment

• the hitting 8th part was the worst part of all for how they handled brinson. if youre gonna keep him up at least hit him in the middle of the order in a lost year and not 8th on a terrible team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
        It’s hard to pick which guy the Marlins handled worse; Brinson or Sierra. I have little faith that Jeter and Co aren’t dumb just by looking at how they handled Brinson and Sierra.

Brinson needs to start in CF on Opening Day (and not batting 8th). Brinson needs to given a large sample size chance this season. The Marlins aren’t making the playoffs anyway so let him have his make or break it season.
        Brinson because of the service time issues. It looks to me they basically forced him up to try and get a good new blurb of, hey we traded Yelich for a good young player.

Fernandez service time still the worst though.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
          Brinson because of the service time issues. It looks to me they basically forced him up to try and get a good new blurb of, hey we traded Yelich for a good young player.

Fernandez service time still the worst though.
          That and they also didn't sign enough 1-year guys so they didn't have to play the kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
            It looks to me they basically forced him up to try and get a good new blurb of, hey we traded Yelich for a good young player..
            I think you’re dead right.

Comment

• No need to keep screwing around if the Rays are ready to challenge with a top flight catcher. Brujan (fangraphs est. to reach top 35 prospect status this year), Ronaldo Hernandez (slugging catcher prospect), and Jesus Sanchez (lefty bat LF who is already 38 prospect). Rays can keep Zunino as a backup or trade him to MILW, CLE, Dodgers, or however. This is a way better package than LAD or Houston or ATL is going to cough up. I would add to this on the Marlin side if neccessary (probably would be). In a year (or two max) these three would likely be a strong Marlin core.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                No need to keep screwing around if the Rays are ready to challenge with a top flight catcher. Brujan (fangraphs est. to reach top 35 prospect status this year), Ronaldo Hernandez (slugging catcher prospect), and Jesus Sanchez (lefty bat LF who is already 38 prospect). Rays can keep Zunino as a backup or trade him to MILW, CLE, Dodgers, or however. This is a way better package than LAD or Houston or ATL is going to cough up. I would add to this on the Marlin side if neccessary (probably would be). In a year (or two max) these three would likely be a strong Marlin core.
                Let me guess you want them to trade with the Rays. lol You mention trading with them every other day or so and bash any other teams prospects. Does age of the prospects not mean anything to you? Hernandez is fine but he will have to be put on the 40 man roster next year. He is 21 years old and playing in low A ball plus he is new to catching. It will take a minimum of 2 years maybe 3 or 4 before he is even close to major league ready. Sure his numbers look good but you have to take into account all these factors. Sure the Rays would be good trade partners but who knows what they are offering to this point. Alot of teams would be good trade partners regardless of how you view their prospects. I think the Rockies would be a good one to trade with as well but there is no way of knowing right now who is really interested and what the Marlins are actually interested in or teams are offering.
                Last edited by flamarlins93; 01-06-2019, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                  Let me guess you want them to trade with the Rays. lol You mention trading with them every other day or so and bash any other teams prospects. Does age of the prospects not mean anything to you? Hernandez is fine but he will have to be put on the 40 man roster next year. He is 21 years old and playing in low A ball plus he is new to catching. It will take a minimum of 2 years maybe 3 or 4 before he is even close to major league ready. Sure his numbers look good but you have to take into account all these factors. Sure the Rays would be good trade partners but who knows what they are offering to this point. Alot of teams would be good trade partners regardless of how you view their prospects. I think the Rockies would be a good one to trade with as well but there is no way of knowing right now who is really interested and what the Marlins are actually interested in or teams are offering.
                  The bold is why Lee Stone is not taken seriously. Hernandez is a good trade piece and the rays are a good trade partner, but just as far as his evaluation of prospects its best to take it with a grain of salt because he has no earthly idea how to evaluate talent.

Comment

• Miami would love for Colorado to get in but they have refused to put Rodgers OR the ML SP they want during talks

As for TB-they make as much sense as LAD,SD or Houston. Miami is waiting on TB putting in Jesus Sanchez however which is the hold up

We want
                    Jesus Sanchez
                    MIF(Brandon Lowe prefered but they got Arroyo,Solak,Brujan)
                    SP(Liberatore,Baz,McClanhan,TONS)
                    C (Ronaldo Hernandez,Zunino,Perez)
                    Comp Draft Pick or Mid Level Prospect IF Straily or arm is in the deal

Deal I keep hearing Miami wants is

TB-JT
                    Miami-Sanchez,Brandon Lowe,Liberatore,Zunino

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                    The bold is why Lee Stone is not taken seriously. Hernandez is a good trade piece and the rays are a good trade partner, but just as far as his evaluation of prospects its best to take it with a grain of salt because he has no earthly idea how to evaluate talent.
                    I like Lee but ya age means NOTHING to him. He loves 26 yr olds in A ball who look amazing and 18 yr olds in A Ball who look good are not apart of the future

Comment

• As for the Rockies I would love to see a package of
                      3B Rodgers
                      1B McMahon (ML ready guy)
                      LHP Rolison
                      RHP Doyle
                      and comp pick
                      for
                      C Realmuto
                      Either RHP Wittgren or RHP Kinley whichever they prefer

I am not sure how it works value wise but fills a couple of holes with close to or MLB ready guys

Comment

• Mets acquire JD Davis from Astros. JD would likely be the best hitter on the Marlins - may prove to be best hitter on Mets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                          Mets acquire JD Davis from Astros. JD would likely be the best hitter on the Marlins AAA team - may prove to be best hitter on Mets AAA too.
                          Fixed

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                            As for the Rockies I would love to see a package of
                            3B Rodgers
                            1B McMahon (ML ready guy)
                            LHP Rolison
                            RHP Doyle
                            and comp pick
                            for
                            C Realmuto
                            Either RHP Wittgren or RHP Kinley whichever they prefer

I am not sure how it works value wise but fills a couple of holes with close to or MLB ready guys
                            Miami wants Rodgers AND Freeland OR Marquez. Colorado says NO so the talks have not even gone past that

We are having the same issue with Colorado and LAD. They havent had real talks because Miami wants stuff that they both refuse to even discuss

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                            Mets acquire JD Davis from Astros. JD would likely be the best hitter on the Marlins - may prove to be best hitter on Mets.
                            Ya crazy. NYM paid NOTHING for their best hitter(possible)
                            Last edited by tjfla; 01-07-2019, 07:47 AM.

Comment

• Lee, I'm legitimately curious about what you see in JD Davis that makes you think he's going to be the best hitter on the Mets or would be on the Marlins.
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• He could be confusing JD Davis with JD Martinez

Comment

Working...
                                X