This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Conforto and a SP or 2 like Straily to Cleveland for Kluber?

Kluber,Gimenez,Peterson,Nido and Will Toffey or some 17 yr old for JT and Straily

Conforto is easily to flip
    Why do you keep mentioning Cleveland and Kluber? WTH? If the Marlins want to move a Nimmo or Conforto, why not send them to ATL and get the cheap young pitching in return? ATL would love to get a cheap RF to replace Markakis. But Kluber and $17M or whatever he makes? That doesn't pass the logic test.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
      Why do you keep mentioning Cleveland and Kluber? WTH? If the Marlins want to move a Nimmo or Conforto, why not send them to ATL and get the cheap young pitching in return? ATL would love to get a cheap RF to replace Markakis. But Kluber and $17M or whatever he makes? That doesn't pass the logic test.
      Yea I don't get it.

And you take Bieber or McKenzie from them if you do move Conforto in such a hypothetical situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
        Yea I don't get it.

And you take Bieber or McKenzie from them if you do move Conforto in such a hypothetical situation.
        Probably right just saying what Clev/NYM were talking about. Tons of options to flip him too

I would do Conforto for McKenzie and Bradley

Comment

• Anyone else willing to bet Hillman is not only our 2020 manager but also manages us at some point this season?
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
            Anyone else willing to bet Hillman is not only our 2020 manager but also manages us at some point this season?
            I would bet that Mattingly won't be retained after the coming season ... that much for sure.

Comment

Anyone else willing to bet Hillman is not only our 2020 manager but also manages us at some point this season?
              2020 is 99.99999% chance he is Manager

- - - - - - - - - -

Heyman is late to the party(usually is on Marlins stuff) but

Jon Heyman
              ‏Verified account @JonHeyman

marlins like rosario, nimmo and/or conforto in Realmuto talks. talks are real, but mets seem resistant on rosario

- - - - - - - - - -

They are talking a "compromise" deal as well but Marlins really want this

NYM-JT/Rojas
              Miami-Rosario/Nimmo OR Conforto/SP like Peterson,Kay/One of the 3 NYM C

If NYM says Yes the deal is pretty much done

Comment

I think it's a guarantee Mattingly isn't the manager next year. I have a tough time seeing them firing Mattingly in season, though; I think they just let him run out his contract. Whether Hillman is the next guy, I don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  2020 is 99.99999% chance he is Manager

- - - - - - - - - -

Heyman is late to the party(usually is on Marlins stuff) but

Jon Heyman
                  ‏Verified account @JonHeyman

marlins like rosario, nimmo and/or conforto in Realmuto talks. talks are real, but mets seem resistant on rosario

- - - - - - - - - -

They are talking a "compromise" deal as well but Marlins really want this

NYM-JT/Rojas
                  Miami-Rosario/Nimmo OR Conforto/SP like Peterson,Kay/One of the 3 NYM C

If NYM says Yes the deal is pretty much done
                  Based on last year's WAR value, Rojas would be an upgrade over Rosario. Looking at it in that way - in the short-term - a deal seems conceivable. For it to make sense to both teams, Miami would have to envision dramatic upside for Rosario and the Mets would have to love their top prospect Giminez as a replacement for Rosario in a year or two. Neither idea seems all that outlandish.
                  Last edited by Lee Stone; 12-05-2018, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Samson talking again

▪ He said the Marlins nearly traded Jose Fernandez to Arizona before the 2016 season, less than a year before he died in a boating accident, because he had turned down an extension that winter and ownership had no confidence he would sign with the Marlins when he became a free agent after the 2018 season.

He said the Marlins’ 2015 contract offer to Fernandez topped $30 million, the largest ever for a pre-arbitration pitcher. Samson couldn’t recall the exact terms.

The proposed 5-for-1 trade with Arizona would have sent pitcher Patrick Corben, third baseman Brandon Drury and center fielder AJ Pollock, among others, to the Marlins.

“Arizona turned it down,” Samson told me. “We thought it was going to happen but we never had any agreement.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...#storylink=cpy

- - - - - - - - - -

Too add deal was actually done until Arizona's 15 owners couldnt agree on it

- - - - - - - - - -

No clue if they are gonna do a deal with NYM but they have been talking 3 days with them now. Not for like 10 mins a day either-heard it has been 3 days nonstop since they made the Seattle deal. Both teams are trying hard to get something done

Comment

• Jim Bowden apparently said yesterday that the Marlins wouldn't be interested in Nimmo. He said Conforto or Rosario would have to be the starting point.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                        Jim Bowden apparently said yesterday that the Marlins wouldn't be interested in Nimmo. He said Conforto or Rosario would have to be the starting point.
                        They arent as the centerpiece which is what the NYM have been pushing.

Interested in Rosario/Nimmo/Peterson/Nido OR "Compromise" of Conforto,Gimenez,Peterson,Nido,more. They like ALonso too

Seems part of the issue is NYM people are split on Conforto/Nimmo AND Rosario/Gimenez. Miami prefers Rosario and Conforto but are cool with Nimmo IF Rosario is in the deal
                        Last edited by tjfla; 12-05-2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• One of Nimmo or Conforto will be in any deal however as Miami has already been calling teams to see what level of interest they have

Comment

• I don't get why we would be trading for ML ready players like Nimmo/Conforto/Rosario (which are bad in defense) if we're not going to compete in at least 2 years. We would be just wasting their service time.

Comment

• Originally posted by gustavopim View Post
                              I don't get why we would be trading for ML ready players like Nimmo/Conforto/Rosario (which are bad in defense) if we're not going to compete in at least 2 years. We would be just wasting their service time.
                              I think anyone with 5 years of control is the minimum.

Conforto you'd have to immediately flip.

Comment

• "The Mets have continued to talk with the Marlins about acquiring catcher J.T. Realmuto, according to SNY's Andy Martino. HIS TAKE >> I believe this 100 percent. However, instead of Brandon Nimmo, my Miami sources say Derek Jeter would prefer to have Amed Rosario, as well as Van Wagenen's remaining top prospect, infielder Andres Gimenez. I've also repeatedly been told this type of deal would require a second, high-ceiling prospect, though not necessarily a Top 100 guy. In the end, I hate giving up Rosario. However, if Van Wagenen is going to deal him and then sign Manny Machado, I'm fully on board."

I find this interesting. Could the Marlins fill both MI positions for the future?
                                Last edited by Lee Stone; 12-05-2018, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X