Braves 15%
    Rockies 15%
    Yankees 15%
    Dodgers 10%
    Brewers 10%
    Marlins 5%
    Cubs 5%
    Other 5%

The two most interesting things there are the Yankees going into a tie for 2nd place at 15%, and the Marlins going down significantly to 5%. Of course, there’s nothing difinitive about this, it’s just Mish’s sources, but I find it interesting nonetheless. We’ve heard quite a bit about how people are skeptical about Miami getting anything done anytime soon because they’re asking too much, but Amish seems to feel it’s pretty likely before opening day.

Comment

• News of Yankee interest in Realmuto/Sanchez availability is interesting. Puts a different twist on things. If 2018 was an aberration for Sanchez, he might be a legitimate cleanup hitter for Miami. Still has four years of control. Four years of '17 All Star Sanchez for two years of '18 All Star Realmuto. Sounds good to me.
      Last edited by Lee Stone; 12-01-2018, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
        Still has four years of control. Four years of '17 All Star Sanchez for two years of '18 All Star Realmuto. Sounds good to me.

And Sanchez had a .197 BABIP in 2018.

Sanchez and a top tier prospect (hey we can dream) and I love that trade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          And Sanchez had a .197 BABIP in 2018.

Sanchez and a top tier prospect (hey we can dream) and I love that trade.
          There's no harm in asking for more ... but I would already have team doctors checking out Sanchez.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
            Peters was never the same after he broke bone(s) in his pitching hand at Jacksonville. It was off a line drive and he missed a good portion of a year because of it.

Not seeing why they are collecting so many relief pitchers. Not only are they getting them in trades but last years draft seem to focus on mostly relief pitchers rather then starters. This was the one strength of the system when the took over. Plenty of big armed relievers with nothing else really. Yet that seems to be a major focus to keep adding more when other positions are still lacking.

One player I really want them to move on from is Cooper. He was horrible last year and I find it hard to believe that he just found his power two years ago in the minors at age 26. He went from a single digits a year to doubling his highest total in 2016.

I am honestly concerned for the future of the franchise. I don't see where the players that are going to turn around the big league club will come from. After JT is gone there is not much else to trade for impact talent. Everyone says last years draft was so good but the only player from the entire draft I am excited about is Banfield. If they are going to depend on the draft to build the major league team up it is going to take more then just 2-3 more years and that is if they hit on some picks big time since the draft it a big time crap shoot. Even if they get all the bad contracts or players up for arbitration off the books in the next couple of years I can't see them investing that money on big time free agents if the team is still years away from being relevant again. I see more Maybin type signings if any for the next few years. Not only that but the team is still hundreds of millions of dollars in debt. When purchasing the team they took on the debt that Loria accumulated but did not pay it off. I am still not sure why MLB didn't require them to.
            This is where I'm at, of course one poster will surely contradict me, but I'm glad I'm not the only one worried about the rebuild, and how long it will take. I'm just skeptical Jeter is around to see it fully through. And if the team they've built only is a max 80-85 win team, then what happens ? Another sale of the team since they won't have the money to build in free agency ?

Comment

• 5 teams are "IN" on JT right now. It could change but

Hou
              LAD
              NYY
              Cubs
              Colorado

in that order

Miami was talking JT for Sanchez/Sheffield and more with NYY but they really weren't into Sheffield(before he was dealt) and really arent into Sanchez. They would do Sanchez and MORE if no other deals they like are out there(which is why Mish has them ranked so high) but they like Houston and LAD guys alot more

Cubs are dangling ML guys and prospects which is making Miami listen but doubtful

Colorado is willing to trade Rodgers. They have a "deal" that Miami is very interested in but no real talks. Deal is Rodgers/young ML pitcher/Tyler Nevin and possibly 1 or 2 other prospects.

LAD have had lots of talks but are waiting to see what FA do first.

Houston was in the lead all year and still are. They ARE willing to deal Kyle Tucker and minor pieces but Miami is trying to get Tucker/2 of Cionel Perez,Josh James,Martin,JB,Javier/Stassi OR Stubbs.

Houston/LAD are leaders but any of those teams could get him

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
              Evan Woodbery

@evanwoodbery
              Additionally, longtime Tigers infielder Dixon Machado has signed a minor-league deal with the Miami Marlins, per @RosterRoundup.

Based on the Marlins' current depth chart, looks like Machado would have a shot to compete for a utility job this spring.

11:02 AM - Nov 30, 2018

- - - - - - - - - -

Joe Frisaro

Verified account

@JoeFrisaro
              Following Following @JoeFrisaro
              More
              As expected, the #Marlins will be tendering all five of their arbitration players - Realmuto, Straily, Urena, Rojas, Conley.
              Peter Mooney replacement in AAA and depth is Machado

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              Id sign him and Wilmer Flores for the right price and hope to maybe flip them at the deadline.
              Alot of non tender guys I would go after. Flores and lots of RP on the market

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                it will be the narrative, but not at all justifiably so as far as it relates to jeter and sherman. god forbid a team rebuild from a trainwreck and shit show of a franchise that hasnt been over .500 in 10 years and hasn't been in the playoffs in 15+.
                Nobody forced them to buy the team.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                Only a select few like fish16 think that the narrative should be switched from disgust to FULL SUN NO CLOUDS EVER prior to the Marlins spending money and making the playoffs.

fish16 and his delusional band of misfits actually believe trading back back MVP’s is an organization that is just NAILING the rebuild.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by lou View Post
                The Yelich move is just crippling though. That's the sad one. Unfortunately their biggest whiff was on their biggest asset. It's easily setting them 1-2 full years back.
                Shhhhhhhh someone will be very upset if you suggest that Brinson & Harrison might be less than HoF material......

I've been saying this VERY SAME THING yet that person attacks me mercilessly...glad I'm not alone in thinking this

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                Ive said I think they are doing a reasonably good job on the rebuild considering what they inherited. Theyve made several mistakes and the Yelich trade obviously doesnt look great after 1 year but just about every front office will make mistakes and those suck but if you can't see the difference in how this organization is being run in almost every single aspect then I don't know what to tell you. Despite some mistakes, again i dont know what to tell you if you cant see how the front office has changed in how they are approaching the draft, player development, IFA, free agency, and just the overall organization.
                Of course they've changed - instead of a 100% shit-show, it's more like a 40% shit-show.....and one that will probably crest out at a team winning 75-80 wins a year but costing a lot less. But still an empty stadium, and bleeding money

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                The way I look at it, Loria is still 98% responsible for the position we're in right now, and that position is about as depressing as you can get as a major league baseball team. The FO should not be held responsible for it, but they also haven't done anything that should lend us any confidence that it will eventually get turned around either.
                correct

Comment

• Matt Ehalt

Verified account

@MattEhalt
                  Follow Follow @MattEhalt
                  More
                  Regarding Mets-Realmuto: Last had heard Miami's asking price is still sky high along the lines of Conforto/Nimmo headlining a deal.

And worth nothing the Mets just traded arguably their prospect with the most upside (Gimenez is good, but seems Kelenic will be better)

9:08 AM - 2 Dec 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                    Matt Ehalt

Verified account

@MattEhalt
                    Follow Follow @MattEhalt
                    More
                    Regarding Mets-Realmuto: Last had heard Miami's asking price is still sky high along the lines of Conforto/Nimmo headlining a deal.

And worth nothing the Mets just traded arguably their prospect with the most upside (Gimenez is good, but seems Kelenic will be better)

9:08 AM - 2 Dec 2018
                    NYM can't afford JT right now. Maybe if they trade Thor for prospects but even then doubtful unless its like Tucker or some of SD like Tatis/Urias/Gore. Miami really liked Kelenic plus they are in the NL East which means a mark up

Most expect NYM to spend some of the $ they saved on Grandal or Ramos actually which means good news for us
                    Last edited by tjfla; 12-02-2018, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• Phillies seem to be closing in on ama Segura trade with mariners. Scratch them off Machado?
                      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Looks like the Mets are going to try hard for JT. Been minor talk of 3 way deals involving JT,Prado,Thor and LOTS of young guys/prospects. Mets told Miami they would take Prado AND wanted to know some of the prospects Miami wanted from them and other teams

They have to overpay ALOT(which they are willing to do)but Miami doesnt really consider them to be serious

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                          Phillies seem to be closing in on ama Segura trade with mariners. Scratch them off Machado?
                          They could also sign Machado to be a 3B.

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          Looks like the Mets are going to try hard for JT. Been minor talk of 3 way deals involving JT,Prado,Thor and LOTS of young guys/prospects. Mets told Miami they would take Prado AND wanted to know some of the prospects Miami wanted from them and other teams

They have to overpay ALOT(which they are willing to do)but Miami doesnt really consider them to be serious
                          So they're going to devalue they're sole remaining big asset by attaching him to Prado's $15M? Typical Marlins.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                            They could also sign Machado to be a 3B.

So they're going to devalue they're sole remaining big asset by attaching him to Prado's $15M? Typical Marlins.
                            No they arent gonna do a NYM deal just saying the Mets are trying to use that as a way to get him. Mets are trying to drive talks with Miami

Comment

• The Kikuchi guy was posted today. Wonder if it's worth looking into him if we're truly going to take a no stone un-turned approach to acquiring talent.

He's not subject to international bonus pool money.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                                The Kikuchi guy was posted today. Wonder if it's worth looking into him if we're truly going to take a no stone un-turned approach to acquiring talent.

He's not subject to international bonus pool money.
                                He has said he prefers to be on the West Coast or a big city like Chicago or NY

Same problem we always have with Asian guys-none of them really wanna come to Florida

Comment

Working...
                                X