This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    Barry Jackson said in his latest piece that Realmuto would consider 5 years 100 million but that the marlins initial offer was not that high.
    Well that is way too much fucking money so thanks JT and good luck to you.

Even if he blows out arbitration hearings with record increases, that is pretty much valuing JT around $26-29 million a year for his age 30-32 years.

No thanks.

- - - - - - - - - -

That's a top 10 overall paid player in baseball, all time, on a 3 year basis.

Realmuto is real good, he ain't that. Especially at catcher (even if I do agree, he has a good chance of holding up physically).

Altuve makes $23 and change for comparison.

GTFO out of here with this hot garbage.

- - - - - - - - - -

5/$85. That's a reasonable overpay. That's really stretching it too. $80 is a really good number for everyone.

Further compromise is front loading it.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
      Well that is way too much fucking money so thanks JT and good luck to you.

Even if he blows out arbitration hearings with record increases, that is pretty much valuing JT around $26-29 million a year for his age 30-32 years.

No thanks.

- - - - - - - - - -

That's a top 10 overall paid player in baseball, all time, on a 3 year basis.

Realmuto is real good, he ain't that. Especially at catcher (even if I do agree, he has a good chance of holding up physically).

Altuve makes $23 and change for comparison.

GTFO out of here with this hot garbage.

- - - - - - - - - -

5/$85. That's a reasonable overpay. That's really stretching it too. $80 is a really good number for everyone.

Further compromise is front loading it.
      Front loading it is what i think they should be doing to preserve flexibility down the road as other guys get closer to free agency and Realmuto ages towards the back end of the deal.

Comment

• I will go into full cardiac arrest the day a Marlins Front Office front loads a contract.

#KillMeJeets

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          I will go into full cardiac arrest the day a Marlins Front Office front loads a contract.

#KillMeJeets
          I LOL'd

Also I want Arenado even tho We'd have to sell some organs on the black market to get him.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
            I LOL'd

Also I want Arenado even tho We'd have to sell some organs on the black market to get him.
            Agreed. I’ll chip in my liver. It’s pretty much shot anyway

Comment

• Well apparently Fangraphs did all the work for us - https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/so-y...-j-t-realmuto/

Comment

Well apparently Fangraphs did all the work for us - https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/so-y...-j-t-realmuto/
                While somewhat devoid of a Marlin perspective, it was a reasonably thoughtful article. To me at least, it seems short-sighted to exclude broader thinking such as prospects of teams that aren't necessarily looking to add Realmuto. For example, do the Dbacks or Padres covet any of the prospects OR everyday major leaguers that other teams would give up to obtain JT? Three-way trades could easily come into play, netting the Marlins exactly what they might be looking for.

For example, are there two Atlanta pitchers that Arizona might covet enough that they would send the Marlins SS Chisholm and C Varsho in return? On paper, AZ might see value in trading for a couple F/V 55s in exchange for a couple 50s. From a Marlin point of view, it's more important to recognize who will be the best FUTURE contributors. I think that everyone would agree that an exciting SS and C are principal needs.
                Last edited by Lee Stone; 11-09-2018, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• that fangraphs article is great, and its the first non marlins affiliated site that seems to not drastically undervalue JT's trade value.

Comment

Well apparently Fangraphs did all the work for us - https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/so-y...-j-t-realmuto/
                    Yep they aren't Marlins fans but 90% of the article is spot on

Atl-Soroka OR Anderson/Riley/Muller/"project" arm
                    LAD-Ruiz/Verdugo/May/"project" arm
                    Hou-Alvarez/Martin/JB/Stubbs

This is what Miami wants and according to them they SHOULD be getting it!!!

Comment

• Another article on the cubs maybe willing to deal some guys. Article i saw brought up bryant, but i doubt that. I really do think Schwarber would be a good buy low candidate to give us a lefty power bat to put at 1b where we have no one. Straily or DD and then maybe one of our lesser upper level SP guys like maybe a Peters or Dugger.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      Yep they aren't Marlins fans but 90% of the article is spot on

Atl-Soroka OR Anderson/Riley/Muller/"project" arm
                      LAD-Ruiz/Verdugo/May/"project" arm
                      Hou-Alvarez/Martin/JB/Stubbs

This is what Miami wants and according to them they SHOULD be getting it!!!
                      That Houston offer would be great. If we could get Alvarez, and then BOTH of Martin and Bukauskus plus a catcher option like Stubbs that would be huge. I almost like Alvarez more than Tucker in a houston deal because we already have a bunch of OF options moving forward, Alvarez would be a perfect fit as a lefty huge power bat at 1b who is also Cuban (I dont care but im sure the marlins would emphasize that), and getting him instead of Tucker would allow us to get more good pieces out of a deal with an organization that has a great and deep farm system. If we could find a way to get Nova too that would be awesome. Maybe add Conley/Straily/DD/etc.

Any idea what the marlins preference is for the braves arms? I think soroka is really good but i just dont think his ceiling is an ace level guy even if he has a really high floor. Id rank it Wright/Anderson with Wright slightly ahead, then Soroka, Touissant, Gohara, Allard, and then Wentz/Muller/Wilson etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                        Another article on the cubs maybe willing to deal some guys. Article i saw brought up bryant, but i doubt that. I really do think Schwarber would be a good buy low candidate to give us a lefty power bat to put at 1b where we have no one. Straily or DD and then maybe one of our lesser upper level SP guys like maybe a Peters or Dugger.

- - - - - - - - - -

That Houston offer would be great. If we could get Alvarez, and then BOTH of Martin and Bukauskus plus a catcher option like Stubbs that would be huge. I almost like Alvarez more than Tucker in a houston deal because we already have a bunch of OF options moving forward, Alvarez would be a perfect fit as a lefty huge power bat at 1b who is also Cuban (I dont care but im sure the marlins would emphasize that), and getting him instead of Tucker would allow us to get more good pieces out of a deal with an organization that has a great and deep farm system. If we could find a way to get Nova too that would be awesome. Maybe add Conley/Straily/DD/etc.

Any idea what the marlins preference is for the braves arms? I think soroka is really good but i just dont think his ceiling is an ace level guy even if he has a really high floor. Id rank it Wright/Anderson with Wright slightly ahead, then Soroka, Touissant, Gohara, Allard, and then Wentz/Muller/Wilson etc.
                        They liked Gohara LY(but have cooled on him) Soroka I heard was #1 choice but alot of people were saying that Miami didnt like his medicals.

Top Tier-Wright/Anderson/Soroka
                        2nd-Tooki/Gohara/Allard
                        3rd(But probably Top Tier in Most systems)-Muller/Wentz/Wilson

If I am Miami I prefer

Mia-Alvarez/Martin/Nova/Cionel Perez/Stubbs
                        Hou-JT and Straily

- - - - - - - - - -

2020 LIneups

Atl Trade
                        C-?
                        1B-BA
                        2B-Diaz
                        SS-?
                        3B-Riley
                        LF-VV
                        CF-Monte
                        RF-Brinson

SP-Sandy/Soroka/Muller/Pablo/Neidert

LA Deal
                        C-Ruiz
                        1B-Verdugo
                        2B-Diaz
                        SS-?
                        3B-BA
                        LF-VV
                        CF-Monte
                        RF-Brinson

SP-Sandy/May/Pablo/Neidert/Richards

Houston Deal
                        C-Stubbs
                        1B-Alvarez
                        2B-Diaz
                        SS-?
                        3B-BA
                        LF-VV
                        CF-Monte
                        RF-Brinson

SP-Sandy/Martin/JB/Pablo/Neidert

50+ Million to spend on a #1 SP and SS in FA

Comment

• The Marlins should be way past quantity, and going for quality. I'll take one blue chip prospect who has the chance to be a star over two good prospects.

Comment

• By way Miami is trying to trade Straily AND Urena.

Straily asking price isn't high while Urena's is but they will trade both if they get solid offers

- - - - - - - - - -

https://translate.google.com/transla...ml&prev=search

1B Lionard Kindelán and OF Roy Echemendía had a showcase today

Marlins have interest but only 300K to spend so doubtful. I wouldn't mind taking a shot at Kindelan-give u a power bat in the system

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              Houston Deal
                              C-Stubbs
                              1B-Alvarez
                              2B-Diaz
                              SS-?
                              3B-BA
                              LF-VV
                              CF-Monte
                              RF-Brinson

SP-Sandy/Martin/JB/Pablo/Neidert
                              I feel Houston is most realistic to do a deal here, but I think they'd want Conley over Straily which is a big old OK.

Alvarez, Martin, Nova, C. Perez, Stubbs
                              Realmuto, Conley

I'd project this though, but I know I am splitting hairs:

C-????, Stubbs
                              1B-Alvarez, ????
                              2B-Diaz
                              SS-????, Riddle
                              3B-BA
                              LF-VVM
                              CF-Brinson, Sierra/Miller/Lee/Rule V
                              RF-Monte

SP-Martin/Sandy/Urena/Neidert/Pablo
                              RHP - Guzman, Steckenrider, Richards, Wittgren, pick favorite Guerrero/Brigham/Merandy/Eveld/Gallen/Yamamoto
                              LHP - Ca. Smith, C. Perez, Chen

Payroll is under $40 million w/ Chen. This is screaming Manny/Xander, a top of the rotation veteran SP, a legitimate veteran catcher, and a backup 1B/3B who can help in the OF, or let Anderson play some OF.

Starts getting interesting fast if the kids can hit. The pitching will work itself out with all the arms. No idea if those guys are going to hit.

Comment

• Urena should not be dealt and i have a feeling that they are doing it because they know they need spots in the rotation but dont want to move chen because of the cost. I think you 100% trade straily and then go into spring with Alcantara, Urena, Lopez, Richards, Smith if he is healthy, Chen as a 5th SP who can come out of the bullpen and eat up innings if enough guys perform well enough to take up all the spots in the rotation (though that never happens).

Unless you can get a really nice return, and i dont know what that would be for a guy like Urena, i think you keep him until the trade deadline at the very least when mroe guys are ready like Neidert, Gallen, Yamamoto, Merandy, maybe Dugger or Peters.

What that could signal to me is that they really plan to move these pitchers in the upper minors aggressively, but i hope that is not the case. Gallen, Neidert, Yamamoto, Merandy, Dugger, Peters, etc all could theoretically be in a rotation earlier and not be terrible, but I think all of them would benefit from being in the minors for a significant portion of next year, and not just for contractual reasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X