X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamamoto workout today vs 1st place Peoria: 5IP 1H 1W 6K 0 R

- - - - - - - - - -

LAD. If Grandal passes on the QO today, I think a Dodger deal happens right away. Ruiz, Lux, and May. That's my best case. John Sickles at minorleaguebaseball.com does the most accurate ratings in my opinion. He ranks the three Dodger targets as their #2, 3, and 4 prospects in a report released today. In a very recent Braves prospect list, he has Ian Anderson as the top dog. I agree with that and believe that any Atlanta deal should begin with him.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 11-12-2018, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
      This is going to be a big improvement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
        Yamamoto workout today vs 1st place Peoria: 5IP 1H 1W 6K 0 R

- - - - - - - - - -

LAD. If Grandal passes on the QO today, I think a Dodger deal happens right away. Ruiz, Lux, and May. That's my best case. John Sickles at minorleaguebaseball.com does the most accurate ratings in my opinion. He ranks the three Dodger targets as their #2, 3, and 4 prospects in a report released today. In a very recent Braves prospect list, he has Ian Anderson as the top dog. I agree with that and believe that any Atlanta deal should begin with him.
        BB!

Comment

• David P. Samson

Verified account

@DavidPSamson
          45m45 minutes ago
          More David P. Samson Retweeted Craig Mish
          I’ve tried the rebranding with payroll increase, new stadium and big free agent signings. Didn’t work. Now we’ll see if the rebrand with payroll decrease, trading of an all-star, but the addition of a standing room millennial section works. #waittosee
          What a fucking moron to think the current strategy is anything remotely similar to what they did here. its literally the opposite given that we are now staying away from signing stupid high priced mediocre free agents and actually building through the system rather than trading most of our prospects for the most mediocre of trade targets. he needs to go away.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            Green walls in the outfield changed to blue finally
            It's going to actually start looking like a baseball field again wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
              Yamamoto workout today vs 1st place Peoria: 5IP 1H 1W 6K 0 R

- - - - - - - - - -

I like Anderson the best too but Denbo sticks to his own list. He likes Soroka(assuming his shoulder is OK)

Sickels and BA probably "Rank" the guys the best but it really means NOTHING.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              What a fucking moron to think the current strategy is anything remotely similar to what they did here. its literally the opposite given that we are now staying away from signing stupid high priced mediocre free agents and actually building through the system rather than trading most of our prospects for the most mediocre of trade targets. he needs to go away.
              Love how Samson acts like he made decisions. He sat in an office because his stepdaddy would rather look for art. His "big free agent signings" were Taz,Ziegler,Salty. A payroll decrease because instead of spending cash on old guys they are going young.

2020 will be atleast a 50 million dollar payroll INCREASE!!!

- - - - - - - - - -

LAD could get JT very easily if they tried but they havent yet just pretty much called and said interested. Houston and Atlanta are said to be teams that talked most to Mike Hill at Meetings. 10 teams talked with Mike Hill but most of the others were waiting to see what the FA would do.

Start a package with Ruiz and May then either add Verdugo OR Lux and a mid level prospect and he is gone. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to see a 6+ player deal with LAD or Houston. Both would like SP(Urena/Straily) or RP(Conley) and have lots of prospects/young ML guys we would like

Miami wants a sitdown with JT after Japan tour but 100% chance JT is dealt!!!
              Last edited by tjfla; 11-13-2018, 06:28 AM.

Comment

• Eric Fisher

Verified account

@EricFisherSBJ
                Follow Follow @EricFisherSBJ
                More
                The Marlins will use the space in CF from the recently departed "Homer" statue to build a new three-tier social space, called the Center Field Zone, as well as paint the outfield wall from bright green to blue, and redesign the batter's eye. More details to come in SBD.
                https://twitter.com/EricFisherSBJ/st...52752188112896

Love it. Looks really cool with that replacement in CF.

Eric Fisher

Verified account

@EricFisherSBJ
                Follow Follow @EricFisherSBJ
                More
                The Marlins will also build a second social/standing space in RF foul territory. Both this area and and the Center Field Zone will be accessible w passes starting at $10/game, part of a heightened push by the club to court millennials.
                https://twitter.com/EricFisherSBJ/st...53110092238849

Dr48HNXUwAAUnr7.jpg

Dr48hJxVAAAyz3X.jpg
                Last edited by fish16; 11-13-2018, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• I was hoping for the standing room only sections to increase and i like how they look and especially the way the wall looks wth the blue and the ivy looking stuff behind it. The names need some work though.

Comment

• Should spend some cash in Jupiter and resdesign the batter's eye so they can actually hit

Comment

• It'd be interesting if they did at least the State Farm wall with bougainvillea that would flower with colors.

Comment

• Samson apparently went on lebatard today and told some stories. nothing crazy given what we know. just severe intervening by the owner. John buck was all loria and the baseball guys were not in favor of it and told another story of just seeing a story that we signed McGowan to a major league contract and we didnt actually have any space to sign him to a contract like that.

Comment

Samson apparently went on lebatard today and told some stories. nothing crazy given what we know. just severe intervening by the owner. John buck was all loria and the baseball guys were not in favor of it and told another story of just seeing a story that we signed McGowan to a major league contract and we didnt actually have any space to sign him to a contract like that.
                          No surprises!! Agents and GM's all knew this which is why when DJ or Mike Hill said NO they would just call Jeff. See Fernando Rodney deal/SD deals(Preller called Jeff and stole Paddock and Josh Stabbor) and Cosart deal

Comment

Samson apparently went on lebatard today and told some stories. nothing crazy given what we know. just severe intervening by the owner. John buck was all loria and the baseball guys were not in favor of it and told another story of just seeing a story that we signed McGowan to a major league contract and we didnt actually have any space to sign him to a contract like that.
                            Apparently he's going to be on again Dec. 5th when they plan on going more into depth about how many/what deals he did himself overruling the ops people.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                              Apparently he's going to be on again Dec. 5th when they plan on going more into depth about how many/what deals he did himself overruling the ops people.
                              He will lie!! When he went on he told those 2 stories then called and said he was just kidding. If Samson told them ALL he could probably have his on podcast with daily shows-Jeff was involved in pretty much everything up until Hech trade

He tried to sign Kenley Jensen by himself then when he couldn't he made deals with Taz and Ziegler for 2 years for no reason. He did the Chen deal on his own with Boras knowing good and well he would only be paying like 10 million of his own cash. Did the Prado deal on his own. Gave all the FO people extensions so that the new owners would have to pay them. These are ones in past year(before he left)

He voided guys deals/tried to get them cheaper based on failed drug tests(Freudis Nova) or physicals(Blake Treinen/Dustin Dickerson)

Got FO report that they thought Luis Castillo was a RP so he told them to try to get a ML SP for him(He was in like 3 seperate deals-Miller/Rea/Latos)because he wants to win now

Comment

• Im so glad we didnt sign Jensen or Chapman that year. I said at the time it made no sense to give up a first rounder and im glad we didnt just try to add a closer to a mediocre team and expect us to compete.

The Luis Castillo and Paddack ones are the biggest indictment on Loria just clearly looking at like 1 prospect list and being fine with it. He was an unmitigated train wreck whenever he even slightly asserted his power in baseball decisions.

Comment

Working...
                                X