This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Brian Anderson will always be a candidate for 2B - his bat would play best there.
    1b or RF is more likely his secondary positions going forward if we grab a guy like Riley.

Comment

Brian Anderson will always be a candidate for 2B - his bat would play best there.
      Marlins are happy with Isan Diaz there as soon as Castro is gone. BA likely to RF then 1B when VV is up

- - - - - - - - - -

I could get behind a 3 way race for JT-Atlanta/Houston/Colorado

With TB/Arizona/LAD/Wash waiting in the wings just in case

Top 3 ALL have stuff we would love

Comment

• Screw Colorado. Give me Atlanta and Houston in a bidding war with each other. First one to offer the package we are looking for wins. aside from San Diego and Tampa those are the two systems you want to choose from.

- - - - - - - - - -

Craig Mish

Verified account

@CraigMish
        15s15 seconds ago
        More
        It remains important to note that I believe the Marlins preference is to deal Realmuto outside of the NL East for obvious reasons. Keep this in mind as the potential trade talks progress with other teams.
        So unbelievably stupid and antiquated thinking.

- - - - - - - - - -

We need to get one of Anderson or preferably wright in a deal with the braves. two highest ceiling arms in the system. Soroka is a #3 (and a damn good one) at best to me. I dont see #1 potential like i do in Wright especially.

- - - - - - - - - -

Wright, Riley, and Contreras for JT and either DD or if they want a lefty reliever Conley, then if they choose conley move DD for the best reliever you can find or a dominant minor league reliever like an Eveld who doesnt have a future as a starter but is undervalued despite having good potential as a RP because of the lack of starting option.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
          Screw Colorado. Give me Atlanta and Houston in a bidding war with each other. First one to offer the package we are looking for wins. aside from San Diego and Tampa those are the two systems you want to choose from.

- - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - -

We need to get one of Anderson or preferably wright in a deal with the braves. two highest ceiling arms in the system. Soroka is a #3 (and a damn good one) at best to me. I dont see #1 potential like i do in Wright especially.

- - - - - - - - - -

Wright, Riley, and Contreras for JT and either DD or if they want a lefty reliever Conley, then if they choose conley move DD for the best reliever you can find or a dominant minor league reliever like an Eveld who doesnt have a future as a starter but is undervalued despite having good potential as a RP because of the lack of starting option.
          Screw Colorado?

Rodgers is a SS(Top 15 in Minors) and Peter Lambert is a very good SP. They also got 3B Colton Welker/SS Hampson/1B Tyler Nevin/SP Rolison/SP Pint/RF Hilliard/lots of mid level arms. Also don't forget Denbo been scouting AFL team which has Colorado on our team

They WILL trade in the division(Wash/Atl) but not unless they overpay if deals are close then they prefer to send him elsewhere. In other words Atlanta would just have to throw in a Muller/Wentz/Bryse Wilson to sweeten the pot

Comment

Screw Colorado. Give me Atlanta and Houston in a bidding war with each other. First one to offer the package we are looking for wins. aside from San Diego and Tampa those are the two systems you want to choose from.

- - - - - - - - - -

You can have a "preference" to not trade within the division, and still do it anyway...

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              Screw Colorado?

Rodgers is a SS(Top 15 in Minors) and Peter Lambert is a very good SP. They also got 3B Colton Welker/SS Hampson/1B Tyler Nevin/SP Rolison/SP Pint/RF Hilliard/lots of mid level arms. Also don't forget Denbo been scouting AFL team which has Colorado on our team

They WILL trade in the division(Wash/Atl) but not unless they overpay if deals are close then they prefer to send him elsewhere. In other words Atlanta would just have to throw in a Muller/Wentz/Bryse Wilson to sweeten the pot
              Colorado's system isnt impressive and i think Rodgers is a guy who underperforms his prospects status because of a lack of plate discipline. He'll be a solid starter but not the star people expect him to be. The one bonus for them is that they are deep in position prospects.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                You can have a "preference" to not trade within the division, and still do it anyway...
                This. They should have a preference not to move him within the division, and if all things are equal, you don't. But you also have to take the best deal, and if that's Washington or Atlanta, you pull the trigger without hesitation.

Comment

• I just took a long look at Atlanta's "vaunted" pitching prospects and came away unimpressed. As a group, they seem vastly over-rated. Take Kyle Wright. He's rated in the top 40 but he's no Neidert in my book. A year older than the Marlin, he pitched in the same Southern League. Neidert outperformed him in every way. I like Pablo Lopez better than any of their young guys. I'd stay the hell away from an Atlanta trade. Marlins need five-tool talent.
                  Last edited by Lee Stone; 11-07-2018, 01:01 PM.

Comment

I just took a long look at Atlanta's "vaunted" pitching prospects and came away unimpressed. As a group, they seem vastly over-rated. Take Kyle Wright. He's rated in the top 40 but he's no Neidert in my book. A year older than the Marlin, he pitched in the same Southern League. Neidert outperformed him in every way. I like Pablo Lopez better than any of their young guys. I'd stay the hell away from an Atlanta trade. Marlins need five-tool talent.
                    you're absurd and have 0 idea how to evaluate prospects. Im sure youd take Ben Meyer and Trevor Richards above unanimously rated top prospects with top of the rotation potential. Because when you can get a 25 year old who dominates younger minor league hitters thanks solely to age and experience, you gotta do it.

- - - - - - - - - -

Neidert vs. Wright is the epitome of why people continue to tell you that stuff matters and numbers arent everything.

Comment

• Kyle Wright was drafted in 2017 and made the majors in 2018. College ball or not that's impressive.

Comment

• Realmuto to Dodgers for Verdugo, Lux, Ruiz, pitchers May and Ferguson and Matt Kemp.

Marlins pick up Kemp's $21.5M contract for next year so the Dodgers can sign Harper. Marlins get their four new top prospects and a great-looking southpaw in Ferguson. The transformation begins!

Comment

Realmuto to Dodgers for Verdugo, Lux, Ruiz, pitchers May and Ferguson and Matt Kemp.

Marlins pick up Kemp's $21.5M contract for next year so the Dodgers can sign Harper. Marlins get their four new top prospects and a great-looking southpaw in Ferguson. The transformation begins!
                          I am all-in taking on bad contracts for better players and Mike Hamptoning this party

The fun thing is, if you then also trade/DFA Dietrich and Straily, trade Conley which is easy, and trade Kemp and eat $15 million of his contract (some AL team takes him for $6.5 right?)... you are basically SALARY NEUTRAL. And that includes keeping Castro's $13 million on the books.

That could work with the right assortment of players. Fuck 2019, mass call up in 2020.

Comment

• If jt goes to Houston, straily makes a ton of sense as an add in given injuries and free agency for their rotation.

Comment

• But the Marlins still are talking about keeping Realmuto and trying to sign him long-term.

Now is not the time to make such an offer to Realmuto — Berry recently told MLB Network Radio his client would not sign an extension with the club. But the Marlins believe their young pitching is good enough to persuade Realmuto over his final two seasons of control that the team is heading in the right direction.

The Marlins view right-handers José Ureña, Sandy Alcantara and Pablo Lopez as championship-caliber starters. Right-hander Jorge Guzman has at least mid-rotation potential, and righties Nick Neidert and Zac Gallen could be bottom-of-the-rotation types. All but Ureña were acquired in trades: Alcantara and Gallen came for Ozuna, Lopez for David Phelps, Guzman for Stanton and Neidert for Dee Gordon.
                              Little piece of Rosenthal's notes on the athletic.

Comment

Little piece of Rosenthal's notes on the athletic.
                                That certainly sounds like a Mike Hill line about championship-caliber starters.

---

As for "now is not the time"......it's now or never. You offer it, and make him decline it. And if he does, shout from the rooftops what you offered him (after inevitably trading him) so that people realize it's not just a firesale move - "we offered him X-years for X-dollars, he turned us down, we wanted to receive full value for him and do what's best long-term for our organization." They can control the narrative, but they have to do it, and not just stay silent. That said, no matter what they do, everyone will think firesale anyway given our history.

Comment

Working...
                                X