This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
    mlbtraderumors.com comes out with FA signing predictions on Friday. They seem to guess very well. 3/40 is only my guess.

Someone mentioned Arizona as a trade partner. Jazz Chisholm would be an intriguing future SS. A Nassau boy with a Dee Gordon personality and some real pop from the left side.
    I could see 3/30+ easily for him. Just not from us

Ya I did and they have tons of stuff that would interest us. Jon Duplantier/Taylor Widener/Jazz Chisholm/Pavin Smith/Dalton Varsho/Blaze Alexander(they would havent taken in 2nd Rd if Osiris wasn't there)/Drew Ellis/Kristian Robinson/Andy Yerzy/Geraldo Perdomo/Matt Mercer.

Been saying and still hearing the TOP 3 REALISTIC spots are in order Ariz/Hou/Col. Wash/LAD/NYY/Atl could move to the TOP of the list very easy and Oakland/TB are the dark horse teams

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    The move is to just get a catcher in the jt deal. Especially if you deal with dodgers or astros
    U do NOT need a Catcher in the deal. There are 2 in this year's draft that will go in the Top 5 however doubt they are ready till 2021 which means u will need someone for 2 years. If u get a Catcher its a plus and lets u draft a HS 5 tool guy CJ Abrams/Rece Hinds in the draft

LAD-Will Smith/Keibert Ruiz(Both Ready by 2020)
    Arizona-Daulton Varsho(2020)/Andy Yerzy(2021/22)
    Houston-Max Stassi/Garrett Stubbs(Ready NOW)
    Oakland-Sean Murphy(2020)
    Draft-Rutschman/Langeliers(2021)

Comment

• If Varsho can improve defensively, he'd be fun. A C who can really run.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        I think they go 2/16 with 2nd yr option but I think a team will go crazy and offer 3/30 or more because so many teams need a C

Probably end up with Max Stassi/Garrett Stubbs/John Ryan Murphy in a trade and sign a vet backup like Rene Rivera,Martin Maldonado,Jose Loboton. AJ Ellis,Jeff Mathis,Kurt Suzuki,Lucroy,Wilson Ramos are all FA but doubt any of them look our way

- - - - - - - - - -

Nevermind then. Didnt hear that-last I heard was tear down
        A lot of people think they should rebuild, but they aren't apparently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
          If Varsho can improve defensively, he'd be fun. A C who can really run.
          Yep. Run and Hit-he actually isn't that bad defensively just needs reps

#2/3 SP Taylor Widener(Denbo drafted with NYY)
          SS Jazz Chisholm OR 1B Pavin Smith
          C Daulton Varsho
          SS Blaze Alexander(We wanted in 2nd Rd)
          Low Level Prospect

for JT

Comment

Yep. Run and Hit-he actually isn't that bad defensively just needs reps

#2/3 SP Taylor Widener(Denbo drafted with NYY)
            SS Jazz Chisholm OR 1B Pavin Smith
            C Daulton Varsho
            SS Blaze Alexander(We wanted in 2nd Rd)
            Low Level Prospect

for JT
            Seems a tad light. Widener is their number 2 prospect but more a Yamamoto clone (JY is doing very well in the AFL - outperforming Dback #1 Duplantier for the Salt River Rafters). I'd say Widener, Chisolm AND Pavin Smith, along with Varsho and Alexander. We could toss in Straily and even DD.
            Last edited by Lee Stone; 10-31-2018, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Arizona's prospects just seem like a lot of what we have already. Not that its bad, but they just dont have the star type prospect id require. They seem like a lot of Alcantara/monte level prospects (around top 100).

Yordan Alvarez, Corbin Martin, Nova, and Garrett Stubbs for JT and maybe if they want Straily or DD they can have them too as they are gonna lose keuchel and DD would be a good fit in the AL.

- - - - - - - - - -

Washington is still the same as it has been for months- I wouldnt do a deal unless we get Robles AND Kieboom and i think it is beyond unlikely that they would be willing to give both.

- - - - - - - - - -

Colorado makes sense as they really need a C and have a mini surplus of quality IF prospects. Idk how high of a ceiling Rodgers has though. Obviously he's a great prospect I just think his plate discipline is going to prevent him from being a star type bat rather than just a .800-.850 OPS guy.
              Last edited by fish16; 10-31-2018, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Yep on Washington-I would only do Robles and Kieboom Brothers deal with them and if they say YES call the deal in quickly

If JT is staying in the NL East(Wash or Atlanta) then that team has to overpay!!

In that Houston deal we could probably get a Cristian Javier or Dean Deetz plus a low level prospect too but that would be deal

Comment

• Braves would be a good team if we are looking for the front line starter rather than top bat. Choose from 1 of Soroka, Wright, or Anderson + Riley + Contreras.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                    Braves would be a good team if we are looking for the front line starter rather than top bat. Choose from 1 of Soroka, Wright, or Anderson + Riley + Contreras.
                    They won't deal Riley but Soroka and Contreras is a nice start. Not many bats tho beside Riley and Pache

Comment

Yep on Washington-I would only do Robles and Kieboom Brothers deal with them and if they say YES call the deal in quickly

If JT is staying in the NL East(Wash or Atlanta) then that team has to overpay!!

In that Houston deal we could probably get a Cristian Javier or Dean Deetz plus a low level prospect too but that would be deal
                      Ya thats been the hold up im guessing for a Washington deal for a while. I honestly dont blame Washington for that. If im them i dont think getting JT is worth giving up robles and kieboom. If i was running them id deal eaton/taylor for a decent catcher if they re-sign Harper and roll with an OF of harper, Soto, and Robles under control presumably for years to come and then an upcoming middle infield of Trea Turner and Kieboom. Im glad they want JT but i dont think its the right move for them.

Comment

• Smart play is talk to Ariz/Hou/Col and if NYY,LAD,Wash,Atl call then bend them over hard. If they say OK then rob them but otherwise just deal with those 3 teams along with Oak and TB

Comment

They won't deal Riley but Soroka and Contreras is a nice start. Not many bats tho beside Riley and Pache
                          Pache would be a very marlins move. Im not a huge fan of his but clearly scouts seem to think he has a ton of talent and potential. Id also prefer Wright or Anderson over Soroka but he would also be a great get. Their farm system coming up to add to Acuna, Albies, and Freeman is insane.

- - - - - - - - - -

If they deal with NYY I cant wait to hear the hot takes about Jeter and the Yankees. That should be insufferable.

Comment

Pache would be a very marlins move. Im not a huge fan of his but clearly scouts seem to think he has a ton of talent and potential. Id also prefer Wright or Anderson over Soroka but he would also be a great get. Their farm system coming up to add to Acuna, Albies, and Freeman is insane.

- - - - - - - - - -

If they deal with NYY I cant wait to hear the hot takes about Jeter and the Yankees. That should be insufferable.
                            Other than Robles I would pass on any OF

Doubt NYY are in on him but always possible because Denbo has guys he likes still and they have a nice system still

Comment

• How low would our payroll be before free agency if we deal Straily, DD, and JT? Our only real contracts would be Chen, Prado, and Castro with Prado and Castro coming off the books after next year.

Comment

How low would our payroll be before free agency if we deal Straily, DD, and JT? Our only real contracts would be Chen, Prado, and Castro with Prado and Castro coming off the books after next year.
                                I know 2020 is like 40-45 million with Chen being like 22 million of that

Comment

Working...
                                X