This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I would think that five years of Nimmo would be worth every bit as much as two years of Realmuto (so do the Mets perhaps - the very reason that talks aren't progressing). I certainly understand, therefore, why Mets would be reluctant to also part with Rosario (or Giminez), even with the Marlins tossing in a relief pitcher and/or Rojas.

Talks not progressing because NYM are fighting over whether to trade or keep Rosario. Half want him and half want Gimenez

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      Talks not progressing because NYM are fighting over whether to trade or keep Rosario. Half want him and half want Gimenez
      And the Marlins are satisfied with either of the two shortstops?

Comment

• It's interesting that most people would be fine adding Tucker or Verdugo, but assume Nimmo would be flipped because the OF would be too crowded.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
          It's interesting that most people would be fine adding Tucker or Verdugo, but assume Nimmo would be flipped because the OF would be too crowded.
          I think that's a very good point. Nimmo has already produced the way you hope those others might. Tucker's first glimpse last season was even worse than Brinson's has been, and that's a VERY low bar. As I mentioned a ways back, Nimmo would instantly become the Marlins best player.

Comment

And the Marlins are satisfied with either of the two shortstops?
            Thats the question. All I have heard is they want Rosario

Comment

It's interesting that most people would be fine adding Tucker or Verdugo, but assume Nimmo would be flipped because the OF would be too crowded.
              Nimmo isnt on the level that Tucker or Verdugo are supposed to be at. It's that simple. I think he's a decent enough OF but i dont think he is anything close to a #1 guy to get in a JT package like at least Tucker would be.

Comment

U can stick Tucker or Verdugo in AAA and slow play them while Nimmo has to play right now. I think they could keep him but there is so much interest around the league they might be better off trading him for an arm and an IF bat

Comment

I think that's a very good point. Nimmo has already produced the way you hope those others might. Tucker's first glimpse last season was even worse than Brinson's has been, and that's a VERY low bar. As I mentioned a ways back, Nimmo would instantly become the Marlins best player.
                  As mentioned, that is debatable. I think there is a very good chance Anderson, Castro, and even Urena could out perform Nimmo in 2019, but he's definitely a floor "top 5" guy for 2019.

Regardless, if the deal is Nimmo/SS/Alonso/Nido, they could keep Nimmo and reassess in 2020, or flip any of VVM, Brinson, Nimmo, or Monte for an equal value C/SP and I would be content. Literally any of them. Don't care which.

All good problems.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                  Nimmo isnt on the level that Tucker or Verdugo are supposed to be at. It's that simple. I think he's a decent enough OF but i dont think he is anything close to a #1 guy to get in a JT package like at least Tucker would be.
                  This is right

- - - - - - - - - -

Cleveland also extended Carrasco.

They are going to move pitching for an outfielder soon.

Just saying, that is a good spot to move an OF if the Marlins get a Mets dude. Mckenzie, Jones, Chang, Bradley.... all these guys make sense and Cleveland could use another RP which the Marlins have to move as a kicker.

Comment

For me, it's less about how good he is vs those two and more that he plays the same position. Both Tucker and Verdugo would probably be with the Marlins big club next season, and definitely by 2020, so you'd have the same crowded situation.

- - - - - - - - - -

So then don't trade for him. That becomes an issue of value, not an issue with his position. If you don't think he represents enough value, take a deal with a different team. I feel like you're more likely to lose value by flipping him than gain value anyway.

Comment

For me, it's less about how good he is vs those two and more that he plays the same position. Both Tucker and Verdugo would probably be with the Marlins big club next season, and definitely by 2020, so you'd have the same crowded situation.

- - - - - - - - - -

So then don't trade for him. That becomes an issue of value, not an issue with his position. If you don't think he represents enough value, take a deal with a different team. I feel like you're more likely to lose value by flipping him than gain value anyway.
                      If you flip him you do it with a deal in place at the time of the first deal or in the final steps of a completed second deal.

Comment

I mean, he has a lot of value. And if it is Nimmo, probability wise, one of Brinson and Monte fail, so you're still set with "3" of them (I assume we think VVM is safer).

It's a good problem. I'd be more hesitant if it was just getting more OF, but personally I would be hellbent getting Rosario/Gimenez which overcomes any redundancy issues. Getting a SS like them would be huge for the rebuild. It's a top 3 issue, a long with the ace and longterm catcher, and the catchers are sitting at the top of the 2019 draft and the aces are in free agency in 2020.

Machado and Xander are the only SS options absent trades.

Comment

• Carrasco extension is for peanuts, especially compared to Eovaldi and Corbin. Holy shit
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                            Carrasco extension is for peanuts, especially compared to Eovaldi and Corbin. Holy shit
                            Amazingly club friendly. Carrasco really loves the front office for sticking with him after Philly.

Comment

• Passan saying his extension makes it more likely they deal Kluber or Bauer. Give me Nimmo + in a flip for Kluber.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                                I mean, he has a lot of value. And if it is Nimmo, probability wise, one of Brinson and Monte fail, so you're still set with "3" of them (I assume we think VVM is safer).

It's a good problem. I'd be more hesitant if it was just getting more OF, but personally I would be hellbent getting Rosario/Gimenez which overcomes any redundancy issues. Getting a SS like them would be huge for the rebuild. It's a top 3 issue, a long with the ace and longterm catcher, and the catchers are sitting at the top of the 2019 draft and the aces are in free agency in 2020.

Machado and Xander are the only SS options absent trades.
                                Right. That's kind of my point. We were saying "it's a good problem to have" with Tucker or Verdugo, but "we have to flip him" if it's Nimmo. Ideally you'd rather get good players at positions of need, but if you deem the value worthwhile with this Mets package, I wouldn't be against keeping Nimmo.

If you flip him you do it with a deal in place at the time of the first deal or in the final steps of a completed second deal.
                                I guess that could change things, but I still don't know that you're getting equal value, and you're probably not getting a surplus of value. So for arguments sake, let's say you're getting equal value in the flip. If you don't think Nimmo is valuable enough as the biggest piece, why do that trade to begin with?

Comment

Working...
                                X