Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My prediction: Mets get Realmuto. Braves get Nimmo. Miami winds up with future (a year or two away) ss Giminez, 3b Riley/OF Pache, c Contreras, and a pitcher like Bryse Wilson. The four acquired players all fall into the top five of Marlin prospects.

I'd be interested in the best-guess predictions of others.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 12-06-2018, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
      My prediction: Mets get Realmuto. Braves get Nimmo. Miami winds up with future (a year or two away) ss Giminez, 3b Riley/OF Pache, c Contreras, and a pitcher like Bryse Wilson. The four acquired players all fall into the top five of Marlin prospects.

I'd be interested in the best-guess predictions of others.
      I'm not really interested in Pache. He sounds an awful lot like Victor Victor.

My guess is he ends up in Atlanta or Houston. Atlanta seems like the best combination of motivation and value. Houston has probably the best package to offer, and I wonder if the late buzz about all of these other teams is to try and push them to give Miami everything they want. I think the Dodgers are the wildcard, though, because they could offer similar deals to Atlanta and Houston, but maybe a better fit with what Miami needs positionally.

At the end of the day, the Marlins need to come out of this deal with either a potential star and some other decent parts, or multiple potentially very good players. The Mets deal doesn't get me as excited as the others, but maybe I'm underselling some of the names being mentioned.

Comment

• I think he's going to Atlanta for Soroka/Anderson/Wright, Riley, Contreras, and some arm, maybe Muller, and the Marlins kick in Conley or Steckenrider or Wittgren to sweeten the pot.

A much simpler 4-2 then anything with the Mets, and the Braves secondary guys out-weigh the Tucker package.

Comment

• Still talking which is a good sign. Issue is half of the Mets people wanna keep Rosario while the other half like Gimenez

If NYM come up with Rosario,Nimmo,Peterson and a C offer I wouldnt be surprised if Miami took it then flipped Nimmo to Atlanta/Arizona/Clev for prospects

The issue with Atlanta is #1 they dont wanna trade them a C. No problem trade an OF to them but not JT. #2 They want MORE than the Riley/Soroka offer if they do. Want an overpay

They have talked to LAD and Col but neither of them like the price

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            If NYM come up with Rosario,Nimmo,Peterson and a C offer I wouldnt be surprised if Miami took it then flipped Nimmo to Atlanta/Arizona/Clev for prospects
            You take that quickly if the Marlins aren't dishing out relievers, or absorbing any dead money (Lagares, D'Arnaud).

Comment

• holy fuck just trade jt to the best package regardless of team. it makes 0 sense to differentiate between division and non division. thats way over thinking shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                I think he's going to Atlanta for Soroka/Anderson/Wright, Riley, Contreras, and some arm, maybe Muller, and the Marlins kick in Conley or Steckenrider or Wittgren to sweeten the pot.

A much simpler 4-2 then anything with the Mets, and the Braves secondary guys out-weigh the Tucker package.
                Its a 5 team race right now

NYM
                Atlanta
                Houston
                Colorado
                LAD

When Ramos and Grandal sign by the Winter Meetings it will get serious

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                holy fuck just trade jt to the best package regardless of team. it makes 0 sense to differentiate between division and non division. thats way over thinking shit.
                I agree with u just saying what the talk is. This is the reason u saw Atlanta sign McCann-Miami pissed them off so they signed him and said we don't need him now If Atlanta was in the AL East the deal would be alot easier and probably already be done

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by lou View Post
                You take that quickly if the Marlins aren't dishing out relievers, or absorbing any dead money (Lagares, D'Arnaud).
                That is what Miami's endgame deal looks like. They have already called teams asking if they would be interested in Nimmo

Soon as NYM figure out Rosario thing it will happen or not

- - - - - - - - - -

No clue who this guy is but very true statement

James Wagner
                ‏Verified account @ByJamesWagner

There’s a belief among teams that have talked to Marlins about catcher J.T. Realmuto that they’re reluctant to trade him within the division without a premium. They want a MLB ready, controllable everyday player as the centerpiece of a trade. Realmuto has 2 years of control left.

Comment

Its a 5 team race right now

NYM
                  Atlanta
                  Houston
                  Colorado
                  LAD

When Ramos and Grandal sign by the Winter Meetings it will get serious

- - - - - - - - - -

I agree with u just saying what the talk is. This is the reason u saw Atlanta sign McCann-Miami pissed them off so they signed him and said we don't need him now If Atlanta was in the AL East the deal would be alot easier and probably already be done

- - - - - - - - - -

That is what Miami's endgame deal looks like. They have already called teams asking if they would be interested in Nimmo

Soon as NYM figure out Rosario thing it will happen or not
                  If Arizona is interested in Nimmo, that would be my "dream" scenario and an avenue for getting Jazz Chisholm. A keystone combo of Rosario/Chisholm would be exciting to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                    If Arizona is interested in Nimmo, that would be my "dream" scenario and an avenue for getting Jazz Chisholm. A keystone combo of Rosario/Chisholm would be exciting to watch.
                    Probably Atlanta,Arizona,Cleveland on top of list but lots of teams are looking for a controllable OF

Comment

• what value could they get around the league from a nimmo flip? Could turn a JT deal into a deal where we get a top SS prospect, alonso/peterson, and then a package of solid prospects from a nimmo deal. That would be a good haul for jt.

- - - - - - - - - -

Maybe you can flip nimmo into Austin Riley + one of Atlanta's pitchers or Contreras.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                        what value could they get around the league from a nimmo flip? Could turn a JT deal into a deal where we get a top SS prospect, alonso/peterson, and then a package of solid prospects from a nimmo deal. That would be a good haul for jt.

- - - - - - - - - -

Maybe you can flip nimmo into Austin Riley + one of Atlanta's pitchers or Contreras.
                        Indians - Mckenzie and Chang/Bradley. Kick in Wittgren.

Comment

• Given the indians moves this offseason i dont see them moving mckenzie.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                            Given the indians moves this offseason i dont see them moving mckenzie.
                            5 years of a controllable OF who just dropped a 4.4 WAR, and even with regression looks like a 2.5 WAR floor (which is where I value him), is pretty compelling.

Kluber, Carrasco, Clevinger, Bieber, and Salazar (all under control 2020) is still an incredible rotation if they move Bauer (I find that most likely). They have immense salary coming off the books with E5, Kipnis, and Alonso (over $35 million). Lindor is going to get a lot of that, so they need a cheap OF so they can buy replacements elsewhere.

It could work. There will be options.

Also, maybe you just keep Nimmo and punt this question till next year. It's not like 4 years of Nimmo isn't valuable, and give VVM, Brinson, and Monte a year to see what is going on. One could very well fail and you've still got an outfield.

Comment

• If they dont get value they could always hold onto Nimmo for 2019. 2020 is the year that our OF is gonna be crowded-I just think they would move him right away because could get some good value

Nimmo value is likely 2 prospects plus a "project arm". If needed we could throw in a RP

Comment

If they dont get value they could always hold onto Nimmo for 2019. 2020 is the year that our OF is gonna be crowded-I just think they would move him right away because could get some good value

Nimmo value is likely 2 prospects plus a "project arm". If needed we could throw in a RP
                                I would think that five years of Nimmo would be worth every bit as much as two years of Realmuto (so do the Mets perhaps - the very reason that talks aren't progressing). I certainly understand, therefore, why Mets would be reluctant to also part with Rosario (or Giminez), even with the Marlins tossing in a relief pitcher and/or Rojas.

Comment

Working...
                                X