Bring Dale Tallon too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
      Bring Dale Tallon too.
      just dont bring ireland, he will ask if his mother is a whore

Comment

• per JCR, 9/225 was our offer

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...tinel+Blogs%29

So much for the notion of payroll flexibility.

The Marlins’ supposed six-year, $90 million offer for Jose Reyes is fathomable. Their reported 9 year, $225 million offer to Albert Pujols is a bit tougher to grasp as it’s a complete departure from the way this organization has conducted business in the past.

If Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports is correct, the Marlins have exceeded the Cardinals’ best bid from last spring (believed to be $210 million) to keep Pujols in St. Louis. As @FishatBat pointed out on Twitter, the commitment to Pujols is more than the Marlins earmarked to the building of the new ballpark ($155 million).

By way of explanation, I’m guessing the Marlins discovered buried treasured while excavating the Orange Bowl site. We all knew the Marlins would spend money this offseason, but it’s hard to believe they’ve completely abandoned the tenets of their business model, which enabled them in most years to field competitive teams on tight budgets.

This may truly be a market correction.
        --------------------
        looking at the original though this is another story that is going to get convoluted. nowhere does it say that's what they offered:

The Miami Marlins aren’t messing around. Their standing offer to Albert Pujols(notes) is believed to be for nine years. With a competitive average annual value (say $25 million), that’s $225 million, minimum, and that’s more than what the St. Louis Cardinals are believed to have offered in the spring. Is it possible that two weeks into November Pujols could already have what will be his best offer?
        so they know it's a 9 year offer and Tim Brown is ASSUMING that the AAV is $25 in order to be competitive.
        Last edited by emkayseven; 11-16-2011, 06:32 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Jayson Stark will be on 790 the ticket at 9am. I'll be in class so if someone has the chance to listen and post what he says that would be cool.

Comment

• MH do you have an iPhone?

Comment

• Yes, posting on it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                Yes, posting on it now.
                You can DL "tunein radio", search for 790 the ticket and pause whenever you go to school, then resume when you're out. I have the app and it's awesome.

Comment

• Got it, thanks.

Comment

• Holy sweet bajesus, that's the Marlins?!

Comment

• Miami Marlins 2012: It's Just For Show
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• Pujols specific from Stark was limited (I posted the nuggets from the interview in the general FA thread). His Pujols thought was that the Marlins were unique in their ability to massively front load the contract b/c of the new stadium.

Comment

• Originally posted by MK7 View Post
                          Miami Marlins 2012: It's Just For Show
                          I don't know if you're being serious or not but if there's any season they don't have to put on a show (in terms of hugh FA signings) it's the 2012 season.

2014? Yeah maybe after the new ball park sheen has worn off will there be a need for a show.

Comment

• it was a joke in reference to those who think that it is indeed just for show

Comment

• Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                              Pujols specific from Stark was limited (I posted the nuggets from the interview in the general FA thread). His Pujols thought was that the Marlins were unique in their ability to massively front load the contract b/c of the new stadium.
                              If it's super front-loaded then it's even better
                              God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                              - Daft

Comment

• I think keeping him through the milestone years will be worth its weight in gold. People would love to see HR 500, 600, 700, 715.
                                This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Working...
                                X